Notices

So why haven't i lost any weight?

Old 01-09-2012, 02:43 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Default So why haven't i lost any weight?

So I'm a bit confused, as to why I haven't lost any weight in the last two weeks. i've been eating (mostly) right, and have been fairly active. Maybe i'm just impatient?

I'm 6'4, bout 335 pounds -- so I should be eating around 4200 calories. I've been eating around 3,000 for the last few weeks.

Here's my food log
thinkdavis - free online diet and fitness journal

any ideas?
Old 01-09-2012, 09:30 PM
FitDay Premium Member

I alluded to this in your other thread, but to be blunt, I think you seriously need to eat less. Sorry, but that's my advice if you want to get your weight loss going in high gear.

Regards,
Michael
Old 01-10-2012, 06:03 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by mecompco
I alluded to this in your other thread, but to be blunt, I think you seriously need to eat less. Sorry, but that's my advice if you want to get your weight loss going in high gear.
Agreed. Many of us log our sleep as an activity to reduce the calories calculated under metabolism, you might try that, because if you aren't losing with the current calculations then you need to modify if for your own body. The metabolic calculations are based on the averages of hundreds if not thousands of people, so you need to fine tune it for you. Looking at your food log I see a few things that could be cut down on and you would still feel full. 3/4 cup of almonds is a lot of calories, you might swap that out for an avocado or a granola bar and some almonds and you wouldn't feel deprived at all. Maybe you should log your food before you eat it, in case you need to look for an alternative that is just as filling, but lower in calories.

Last edited by almeeker; 01-10-2012 at 06:08 AM.
Old 01-10-2012, 07:01 AM
FitDay Member

I see a few culprits.

1. Those words "mostly" and "fairly" are likely your biggest problem.
2. You're eating too many calories.
3. Too many of those calories are coming from refined crap (e.g. stuff out of a box or a bag).
4. You're not exercising.

My advice:

1. Pick a WOE and stick to it.
2. Eat fewer calories - I'd shoot for 2500, unless you're going to add some strenuous exercise into your daily life.
3. Stick to whole food choices.
4. Exercise.
Old 01-10-2012, 11:20 AM
FitDay Member

If 3000 kcal/day results in no change in weight at your current activity level, then cut down to 2500 instead to lose 1lb/week. Don't pay too much attention to estimated #calories burned - if you tried 3000/day and you found that it wasn't enough, then it's not enough.

...and be glad you burn so many calories per day! Imagine how hard it would be to lose weight if you burned half as many.
Old 01-10-2012, 04:41 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Thanks all for the feedback -- I think you're on to something. I was looking back a few years in my fitday, when i was losing weight, and back then my net calories was around -2500 --- which would be right around 2700 calories/day intake.

I'm going to make that adjustment and see what happens, trying to keep my netcalories around -2500.

I do exercise 2-3 times a day pretty extensively, so tracking net calories is probably the best metric for me, rather than just calories. (Burnt a lot of calories, but don't make it up for in food = huuuungry!)
Old 01-11-2012, 02:38 AM
FitDay Member

Sorry, I assumed you weren't exercising because there was nothing listed in your activity log. My bad
Old 01-12-2012, 12:32 PM
FitDay Member

I've been at about the same weight for a week now. I've been using the 4000 calories fitday gives as my maintenance as an excuse to eat more. When I add in 8 hours of sleep as an activity my maintenance calories drops to almost 3400, big difference! With that new number in mind I won't feel like I need to eat more when I've had around 2,000 calories for the day.
Old 01-12-2012, 12:41 PM
FitDay Member

Me again... I have to laugh at myself I really want my lack of weight loss this week to be due to a wrong protien/carb/fat ratio, or not enough water intake, or some other hocus pocus. It's a bitter pill to know that it comes down to eating less and moving more and that if fitday says one thing about my calories but I don't loose weight/inches then fitday's well intentioned guess is flat wrong.
Old 01-12-2012, 02:00 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by liquidlizard
It's a bitter pill to know that it comes down to eating less and moving more
Exactly.

Originally Posted by liquidlizard
and that if fitday says one thing about my calories but I don't loose weight/inches then fitday's well intentioned guess is flat wrong.
Not necessarily. YOU have the power to setup/customize this robust software however you'd like. You can customize your BMR, you can choose a more conservative "lifestyle", you can choose a more stringent calorie balance. So if the "guess" is wrong, it can all be rectified with some tweaks.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.