Notices

A Different Perspective

Old 01-01-2012, 11:24 AM
FitDay Member

Default A Different Perspective

I always knew that I was prone to bored eating, but the last month or so I've been doing really good at distracting myself from it. I'm now working a shift at work where there are more people around which makes me less tempted to 'sneak' munchies and when I'm home I've got my computer. However, these past 3 days I've been on a different shift covering a coworkers vacation. I've been basically the only one here in the office and with it being New Years.. Holy Cow! I noticed my bored eating has increased. And it's not so much the quantity, but the quality of what I'm grabbing. I work at a hotel so the gift shop and all it's crap snacks are right there. How I did not balloon up to scary weight and sizes when I worked the night shift is beyond me!

My point being, a little change in the perspective can bring into sharp focus what you may have always known but never really seen too clearly.
Old 01-01-2012, 11:36 AM
Super Moderator

Yep it's amazing what we see when our eyes are wide open.
Old 01-01-2012, 11:51 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by CrusaderGirl
My point being, a little change in the perspective can bring into sharp focus what you may have always known but never really seen too clearly.
Just wait until you start feeling the effects of eating clean. Then you'll feel things you may have heard about but never experienced for yourself.
Old 01-02-2012, 12:44 AM
FitDay Member

I think that 'bored grazing' is one of the reasons that keeping a food journal is so important. The ONE thing that all successful weight loss programs have in common is keeping a food journal. I go back and forth from paper and pencil to fitday, but fitday is (eventually) the easiest. I still write things down, but I put them into fitday as soon as I get a chance.
Old 01-02-2012, 03:52 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by CrusaderGirl
I always knew that I was prone to bored eating, but the last month or so I've been doing really good at distracting myself from it. I'm now working a shift at work where there are more people around which makes me less tempted to 'sneak' munchies and when I'm home I've got my computer. However, these past 3 days I've been on a different shift covering a coworkers vacation. I've been basically the only one here in the office and with it being New Years.. Holy Cow! I noticed my bored eating has increased. And it's not so much the quantity, but the quality of what I'm grabbing. I work at a hotel so the gift shop and all it's crap snacks are right there. How I did not balloon up to scary weight and sizes when I worked the night shift is beyond me!

Amen, sister!
Old 04-08-2012, 09:54 PM
FitDay Member

My wife is taking hcg drops for her weight loss and I am seeing some positive effects in her body like she is looking thin as compared to two month ago. I will recommend that hcg drops are good to go but use it only consulting your doctor.
Old 04-19-2012, 03:24 AM
FitDay Member

Default bored eating

I get very bored very easily as well when there is nothing to do that is interesting at work.....I am working on "preparing myself" for the day to come...I try to foresee when I will have time to be bored and bring something with me for distraction (a book, magazine) or keep websites in mind that can keep me interested when I have nothing to do at my desk. I also try texting (I am allowed to do this at work because I have a very laid back environment) and make my "bored" time when I catch up with friends or make plans for the week in order to stay focused on my goal. It is still difficult at times of course but I keep trying to figure this one out!!! Any one else have advice?