Notices

A Weird Day

Old 04-01-2012, 12:05 AM
FitDay Member

Default A Weird Day

I'm wondering if this is going to be a common thing... I thought I was being especially careful yesterday, my calorie intake was well under my calories burned, a typical day. However, I ended up gaining almost 2 lbs! Is it possible to gain weight if you aren't getting enough calories?
Old 04-01-2012, 01:08 AM
Super Moderator

No, I don't think it is, but keep in mind that a lot of things affect your weight...it is not a direct linear function of the calories you take in. You could be retaining water from excess sodium or hormonal fluctuations, or if you've worked out, your muscles may be holding on to water, and those are just a couple examples of things that change from day to day. Stay the course and you will eventually see a drop. That's one reason many of us weigh weekly instead of daily...there are so many fluctuations that it can really drive you nuts! Just make sure you are very, very accurate in your logs so you have an accurate number of calories in.
Old 04-01-2012, 03:17 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by cjohnson728
No, I don't think it is, but keep in mind that a lot of things affect your weight...it is not a direct linear function of the calories you take in. You could be retaining water from excess sodium or hormonal fluctuations, or if you've worked out, your muscles may be holding on to water, and those are just a couple examples of things that change from day to day. Stay the course and you will eventually see a drop. That's one reason many of us weigh weekly instead of daily...there are so many fluctuations that it can really drive you nuts! Just make sure you are very, very accurate in your logs so you have an accurate number of calories in.
Thanks for being a voice of reason. Yes, I worked out and probably had more salt than I normally do. Gotta stay the course! Great signature, by the way.
Old 04-03-2012, 03:58 AM
Banned

Good answer...I agree as well