Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Weight Loss Tips
April Fool's Day Lose 10% of Your Body Weight Challenge Discussion >

April Fool's Day Lose 10% of Your Body Weight Challenge Discussion

Notices

April Fool's Day Lose 10% of Your Body Weight Challenge Discussion

Old 01-21-2012, 03:36 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Kay_in_PA
I'm in. This morning I was at 151.5 so 10% means I need to lose about 15lbs and that will put me at 136.5. My goal is to get back under 135, so if I can do this, I'll be practically there. I'm not sure I'll pull it off though since I know my weight loss tends to slow down a lot as I get close to my goal. That said, I'm gonna go for it.
Hey Kay,

You can post on the list here:

http://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums...nge-check.html

It's pretty easy to figure out how it works...
Old 01-26-2012, 11:02 PM
FitDay Member

Well, first week back at it was a bit of a transition. It's amazing how quickly i could forget all those habits that made me feel good. I'm trying to keep to the basics, 160oz water/day, 2,000 calories, 8 hours of sleep, and vigorous exercise at least 4 times a week.

I didn't nail all my goals but made huge progress compared to where i was. I made three workouts, water ranged from 100-160oz, calories between 1700 and 2200, but definitely need work on the sleep. True to my past experience with fitday, my loss was right on with my calorie defecit and i managed 4lbs. I'll take it!

I feel pretty confident that it was good loss since i kept the hydration up. Now hoping to zero in a little closer to my goals and start making up for lost time.

I'm still chasing you, Michael. Your so far ahead i can't see you, but i'm hoping to get a glimpse if i can get back out of the 300s

Have a great week e1

Matt

Last edited by DetroitBreakdown; 01-26-2012 at 11:05 PM.
Old 01-27-2012, 06:04 AM
FitDay Member

A little late but I would like to join.

M 48 5'9"
Start weight 230
Current 221
April 1 Goal 200
Long Term Goal 180
Old 01-28-2012, 04:14 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by DetroitBreakdown
Well, first week back at it was a bit of a transition. It's amazing how quickly i could forget all those habits that made me feel good. I'm trying to keep to the basics, 160oz water/day, 2,000 calories, 8 hours of sleep, and vigorous exercise at least 4 times a week.

I didn't nail all my goals but made huge progress compared to where i was. I made three workouts, water ranged from 100-160oz, calories between 1700 and 2200, but definitely need work on the sleep. True to my past experience with fitday, my loss was right on with my calorie defecit and i managed 4lbs. I'll take it!

I feel pretty confident that it was good loss since i kept the hydration up. Now hoping to zero in a little closer to my goals and start making up for lost time.

I'm still chasing you, Michael. Your so far ahead i can't see you, but i'm hoping to get a glimpse if i can get back out of the 300s

Have a great week e1

Matt
Matt, looks like you're making progress--you'll be back into the "twos" before you know it!

I'm still kinda coasting--I'm beginning to think my body likes the 180 to 190 range pretty well. It's going to take some serious exercise and/or cutting of cals to get much lower, I'm afraid. Still, if this is where I'm going to end up, it's not too bad. If I never hit my ultimate goal, I'll never have to face "maintaining"!

Regards,
Michael
Old 01-28-2012, 04:17 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by jayandmary93
A little late but I would like to join.

M 48 5'9"
Start weight 230
Current 221
April 1 Goal 200
Long Term Goal 180
Welcome to the challenge! I've put your starting info in the "check-in" thread--when you want to update it, copy the last post, paste it into a new response, and edit your line.

Regards,
Michael
Old 01-28-2012, 08:40 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by mecompco
Matt, looks like you're making progress--you'll be back into the "twos" before you know it!

I'm still kinda coasting--I'm beginning to think my body likes the 180 to 190 range pretty well. It's going to take some serious exercise and/or cutting of cals to get much lower, I'm afraid. Still, if this is where I'm going to end up, it's not too bad. If I never hit my ultimate goal, I'll never have to face "maintaining"!

Regards,
Michael
I think you're cruising more than coasting, Michael. You're looking around and seeing how the lifestyle that goes along with your current range works. Seems like a good thing to do. I like the idea that a lifestyle we're comfortsble with (including not only what we want to eat and drink but how we want to look and feel) should ultimately dictate our goals.

I think you should make a t-shirt out of your last sentence!

Be well,
Matt
Old 01-30-2012, 03:53 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by DetroitBreakdown
I think you're cruising more than coasting, Michael. You're looking around and seeing how the lifestyle that goes along with your current range works. Seems like a good thing to do. I like the idea that a lifestyle we're comfortsble with (including not only what we want to eat and drink but how we want to look and feel) should ultimately dictate our goals.

I think you should make a t-shirt out of your last sentence!

Be well,
Matt
Matt, thank you. I'm cautiously optimistic but I still get those old urges once in a while to eat more than I know I should. I've also not lost my taste for alcohol, another potential problem. But, as Clint Eastwood said, I do know my limitations.

Keep up your good work, and I agree, that would make a super T shirt!

Regards,
Michael
Old 01-30-2012, 06:18 AM
FitDay Member

Smile Starting today!

Already had this goal in mind, with 1 April as the goal date from today. Will be a good incentive to be in this challenge.

12/1/11: 143
1/30: 137

Goal: 125
Old 01-30-2012, 06:21 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by Quie14
Already had this goal in mind, with 1 April as the goal date from today. Will be a good incentive to be in this challenge.

12/1/11: 143
1/30: 137

Goal: 125
Welcome! Be sure to post up in the Challenge Check-in thread (copy the latest post and paste it into a new reply, then add your username in alpha order).

Regards,
Michael
Old 01-30-2012, 11:53 AM
FitDay Member

Hi Everyone,

I'd like in on this also, as I'm not having much luck on my own. I joined Fit Day in Dec. 2011 and the first 2 weeks I saw progress and then Christmas came and boy did I lose control. Started back the 2nd week of Jan. to find I had gained 5 pounds over the holidays, so definitely need some motivation.

Female - 58 yrs
Height - 5'3''
Dec. 2011 - 158lbs
Jan. 2012 - 163lbs

I hope this works!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.