Self Motivation Lacking? >

Self Motivation Lacking?

Community
Notices

Self Motivation Lacking?

Old 03-07-2010, 12:49 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Post Self Motivation Lacking?

I keep saying I'll start to pay attention and lose weight, and then keep right on with the same bad habits. Now I'm going to the doc about sore right knee and left hip, and another doc for my left wrist. The wrist is probably not related to weight, but the lower extremity problems would definitely benefit from a lighter body to carry. So.... I've logged my decadent Starbuck's breakfast, posted on two discussion boards, and Will try to get moving in a positive attitude direction again. I was at size 2-4 and swore I would maintain; now at 12-14, highest I've ever been; killing myself with food doesn't really do me any good.
Old 03-09-2010, 03:20 AM
FitDay Member

Feel the pain. I was a size 2-4 as well. Feel like eons of years ago. I went down to a size 6, but feel like the 10 is creeping back up again. Don't loose hope, get a buddy to help you been accountable to yourself.
Old 03-12-2010, 05:27 AM
FitDay Member

I relate and feel your pain, too. 3 decades ago I used to wear a size 0 and complained that it was so hard to find anything in that size. At my highest weight I was wearing 28's and still complaining that it was hard to find things in my size since I'm so short.
Ah well, we're on a journey to get to the sizes that we'll be the most comfortable in. The motivation to wear a certain size is a good one. I'll be happy to wear 10's again, which is one of my goals. I agree with what others have said about having a friend to keep you on track, but if you don't have anyone in person, just log onto Fitday and join some of the weight & exercise challenges here. There's also a wonderful community in the woman's only forum to help keep you motivated and who'll offer you understanding or a swift kick when needed . You can do it JOELVEN2. Like you mentioned, it's all about our habits and lifestyles and changing those are always challenging. We won't do it perfectly, there will be ups and downs, but we can do it.

Last edited by desertmountain; 03-12-2010 at 06:49 AM.