FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Weight Loss Tips (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/weight-loss-tips/)
-   -   Baked goods in the breakroom, not gunna touch 'em (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/weight-loss-tips/5584-baked-goods-breakroom-not-gunna-touch-em.html)

Spookycheeseofdoom 10-31-2011 03:55 AM

Baked goods in the breakroom, not gunna touch 'em

A bunch of coworkers brought cookies and cupcakes and pumpkin bread into the breakroom for Halloween. I'm on the induction phase of Atkins, so grains and sugar of any kind are a big no-no for me. I'm sipping my tea and thinking about how much I'm going to enjoy coming home from the gym tonight, and I will not touch them! I've had a really bad day today too, so I'm proud of myself for not feeding that emotional response with sweets.

I think Atkins has been the greatest thing for me so far; on my last attempt at losing weight I could convince myself to eat a cupcake and skip a meal to make up the calories. Since I know that one of them is way more carbs than I'm allowed to have today, it's easier for me to leave it alone.

wildbeanerz 10-31-2011 04:30 AM

Good for you. This happens at my work A LOT! Today included. It is very hard to walk by when everyone else is just happily munching on them. But you will have a sense of pride later today for resisting that temptation! You can do it!!! And I will too. ;)

VitoVino 10-31-2011 04:32 AM

Good deal. Keep your eyes on the prize.

http://www.zerosharednickels.com/ima...humbs%20up.gif

barlana 10-31-2011 05:17 AM

stay strong and wait it out-your fellow peeps will eat all the snacks and you'll be proud that you didn't give in. I usually sit as far away from those baked goods as possible & avoid that area if possible.
Today is Halloween and its noontime. I will go & buy candy for the kids around 4pm today so that I'm not even tempted. I'll only open 1 bag to hand out and and if the 2nd bag isnt needed-Ill put it in my car and bring it back tomorrow!
Candy is my downfall so I'm being very careful this year. baked goods are my 2nd demon and I'll deal with those this wknd at my grandsons birthday party.
For now its 1 day at a time!

Rubystars 10-31-2011 12:13 PM

I can't eat something if I don't know how to log it into fit day. Some random baked good set out in a room like that wouldn't really tempt me because I would have no idea how to log it. I'm not saying I never eat junk, but I have to at least be able to log it in if I do so I can keep track of it.

RunbikeSki 10-31-2011 04:31 PM

Originally Posted by Rubystars (Post 61138)
I can't eat something if I don't know how to log it into fit day. Some random baked good set out in a room like that wouldn't really tempt me because I would have no idea how to log it. I'm not saying I never eat junk, but I have to at least be able to log it in if I do so I can keep track of it.

Great phylosophy! :)

almeeker 11-01-2011 11:01 AM

It's a great philosophy, I wish I could turn off my desire to eat something with a simple rule like that. But I'm a problem solver, with a freaky math brain, and a ruler in my eyeball, I'd have that bad boy down to a 5-10 calorie range in less than a minute without even considering "NO" as my best option.

jjj3 11-02-2011 12:25 AM

Good for you :) . Holidays are tough. I did Atkins for a year several years ago and lost a bunch of weight but gained it back. One thing that I remember eating for that 'sweet tooth' was that I would scramble a few eggs with a bit of cream cheese and some Splenda and cinnamon in them. That seemed to hit the spot for me.

Now I'm counting calories and it's completely different but I always know that the choice is mine. The other day I ate at Taco Bell because the person I was with has Celiacs disease but she can eat corn taco shells with no problem. So anyway, the meal was like 800 calories! But the choice was mine... and then the next day I only at 888 calories (I didn't mean to do that but I did plan to have a light day).

Anyay, great job and have a great holiday season!