Notices

Is My Diet Carb Heavy?

Old 10-19-2011, 10:18 AM
FitDay Member

Hi I'm new. Thanks for the information on carbs. I am trying to keep my fat to a minium of 25% as I was told that is a good number and was concerned about what percentage should come from carbs.
Old 10-24-2011, 03:09 PM
FitDay Member

Whats up Cjohnson728.
Thanks for the advice. I do have a question. To increase my fiber intake... what do you think about using Benefiber? I was thinking about this over the weekend. Getting the powder form and putting it in my protien shake. Whats making me hesitate is that Benefiber is used to help people who have issues with bowel movements. I dont have those issues and was wondering if Benefiber would be way to strong for me. What are your thoughts? Thoughts from others are welcome.
Thanks again.
Old 10-26-2011, 08:11 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Anna1Louise
Hi I'm new. Thanks for the information on carbs. I am trying to keep my fat to a minium of 25% as I was told that is a good number and was concerned about what percentage should come from carbs.
With the disclaimer that everyone is different... I try to keep my protein around 30% of my calories. It may not be perfect for you but is a good place to start. You can then adjust if you need to. So 30% protein, 25% fat leaves 45% carbs.

Last edited by rpmcduff; 10-26-2011 at 08:13 AM. Reason: .
Old 10-26-2011, 12:54 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Quagmire39
Whats up Cjohnson728.
Thanks for the advice. I do have a question. To increase my fiber intake... what do you think about using Benefiber? I was thinking about this over the weekend. Getting the powder form and putting it in my protien shake. Whats making me hesitate is that Benefiber is used to help people who have issues with bowel movements. I dont have those issues and was wondering if Benefiber would be way to strong for me. What are your thoughts? Thoughts from others are welcome.
Thanks again.

Hi. At one point I thought about taking a fiber supplement but then I discovered when I am "eating clean" that it's not a difficult thing to do. I understand you're trying to watch your carbs, but not all carbs are bad.

Here's a thread that will give you some tips for fiber:

http://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums...fiber-day.html

And here are some FitDay Articles:

Getting Enough Fiber Is Easier Than You Think! / Nutrition

http://www.fitday.com/fitness-articl...your-diet.html