Notices

Food Journal as Menu Planner

Old 10-11-2011, 03:31 AM
FitDay Member

Default Food Journal as Menu Planner

I'm not sure if I'm slow but it took me 9 months to realize that filling in the food journal for the next day and printing it works as a great menu planner. Now I have no excuse for not being prepared. Mary
Old 10-12-2011, 12:44 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Someone posted that tip a while ago. It would have never occured to me otherwise. I use it that way from time to time, but not as often as I could or should.
Old 10-12-2011, 01:21 PM
Super Moderator

Default Me too!

I sometimes like to fill in the stuff I know I'm having (planned dinners, etc.) so I know how to adjust the rest of what I eat in a day to make my pie chart and fiber balance out the way I like it.

Good point, Mary, as we all know, if you fail to plan, you plan to fail! Sorry for the cliche, but it's often true .
Old 10-30-2011, 02:41 PM
FitDay Member

Fitday makes a great menu planning tool! I use it to plan my breakfast, lunch and two snacks for the next day then pack it all for work. It helps keep me on track because I'm planning when I'm not in the throes of hunger, and when I cook dinner after work I know how much I'm "allowed".