Notices

New Years Day Lose 10% of Your Body Weight Challenge

Old 10-12-2011, 03:29 AM
FitDay Member

I'm in! Starting at 206, my goal is 185. Goodbye 200's!

Jane
Old 10-12-2011, 04:51 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by jjeand
Wildbeanerz: "I just took a quick scan of the results list to see where everyone is starting and realized that I am the heaviest on the list" That shouldn't be a sad icon - you said it yourself - YOU ARE ON THE LIST. You're doing it!
Thank you! It is just that old feeling of being the fattest in the room. I'll get over it.... because if I make my 10% that will mean I lost the most on the list in that time period too!! LOL
Old 10-12-2011, 05:16 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by wildbeanerz
Thank you! It is just that old feeling of being the fattest in the room. I'll get over it.... because if I make my 10% that will mean I lost the most on the list in that time period too!! LOL
April, I've been "the fattest person in the room" for most of my 47 years (childhood included) so I know how you feel. I'm not proud to admit that I quite enjoy NOT being that person anymore, though I do very much feel for those who are still in that situation.

But, you won't be in this situation forever because you're here and you're sticking to your guns and getting this done. I can't count the number of people who've come and gone during the 17 months I've been on the forum. For some like you and me things just click. All it takes then is time. I guarantee that if you stick around that you'll never be at the top of the list again!

Regards,
Michael
Old 10-12-2011, 05:48 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks Michael!!!
Old 10-18-2011, 03:18 AM
FitDay Member

I am up for the challenge! Starting at 160, so hoping to lose at least 20 pounds.
Old 10-18-2011, 07:45 AM
FitDay Member

Default new years goal

My target date is actually 12/15/11 - but new year's day gives me a bit of time to reach it in case I slack off!

Sept 15 2011 - 148
October 15 2011 - 138
Target Weight - 128 New Year's Day
Old 10-19-2011, 12:40 AM
FitDay Member

I'm off to a good start although the scales has been playing with me. I was down 2 more pounds earlier in the week with a sudden drop however the scales climbed back up. Maybe it will show that loss again for my next weight in day. I'll be happy when I can move my scales back to it's usual location. Mary
Old 10-20-2011, 08:55 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Able to post a two pound loss today. Was off to a really slow start due to the prior week of higher than usual calories. Stayed much closer to my 1500-1600 daily level this week (did have one 2K cal day) and the results are obvious.

I'm going to shoot for another two pound loss for next week--who's with me?!

Regards,
Michael
Old 10-24-2011, 12:00 AM
FitDay Member

Congratulations Michael on the losses. The fact that you can still lose 2 pounds in a week after 18 months of this is great. Keep up the good work.

As for me, I have been following along but I haven't been posting much because I don't have much to report. My weight has stayed roughly the same for the last six weeks. I haven't been as strict with myself as when I first started so I know what the problem is, I just need to do something about it.
Old 10-24-2011, 11:43 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by DancinBear2
Congratulations Michael on the losses. The fact that you can still lose 2 pounds in a week after 18 months of this is great. Keep up the good work.

As for me, I have been following along but I haven't been posting much because I don't have much to report. My weight has stayed roughly the same for the last six weeks. I haven't been as strict with myself as when I first started so I know what the problem is, I just need to do something about it.
Mark, I'm right there with you. If I'm "good" and stay under 1600 then I can still lose, if I eat closer to my maintenance level (calculated at around 2400) then I don't. I'm still bouncing, but haven't been back over 198 so I think the 2 lbs. is "for real".

This is really a time of danger as I feel really good. I'm more-or-less "normal" and that promotes the thoughts that I am "normal". Which, history tells us, is not the case. I'm being vigilant against slipping into any habits that might derail this lifestyle change.

Now, let's get under 195, wadda you say?!

Regards,
Michael

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.