Notices

Anybody drinking green tea for weight loss?

Old 06-14-2012, 03:58 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Wohali
Actually my research shows that green tea originated in China but now is more commercially grown in Japan especially the cheaper varieties. Prince of Peace is really cheap so I while I enjoy the taste I'm not buying another box of it. Prince of Peace box says its "made in China" that means the tea bags are assembled there...that in no way says the tea is grown there. Thing is there is no way you can guarantee where the tea was grown since there are already cover ups going on. They have been trying to keep quiet how Meiji keeps being busted for radioactive products. They make many of the popular biscuit type Japanese snacks with chocolate and strawberry cream...and they are finding the milk from Japan contains cesium because the cows are eating irradiated grass. The fall out area encompasses a huge area now. After doing a lot of reading I decided to quit purchasing any Asian food products no matter how much I like them and green tea is next to go. Its a foolish cancer risk especially when green tea is not the "magic pill" for weight loss as everyone thinks there is some magic pill out there.

Interestingly, I emailed Lipton to ask them where they get the green tea and after many days they finally replied that I would have to call them to get the answer. Any other company you email them a question and they reply with an answer. So to me this seems suspicious especially since they proudly proclaim on their website their black teas come from Africa, but they don't say where their green tea comes from. My degree was in hazardous waste, so I'm really leery of stuff like this.

I hear ya! Everything you wrote makes good sense. Unless I can be sure where the green tea comes from (not grown in Japan) I'm going to stop drinking it.

I'm skeptical of everything nowaday's myself. Companies lie and deceive and that's their business model, not done by mistake. Also, I don't mind a taking a little risk in life because a little risk can't be avoided, but if a company is outright lying/covering something up I boycott them. I'm going to get to the bottom of Prince of Peace and find out for sure where the green tea is grown (I haven't checked yet).

Thanks for the heads-up on this important matter.

Prince of Peace is a brand you can trust. Our company has been providing quality tea products since 1985. Our organic teas are certified organic by IMO Switzerland. Instead of expensive advertising campaigns, we’ve chosen to keep our prices low, and let you tell others.

Prince of Peace often is a supporter of world relief efforts. Our Key emphasis is providing care to orphaned children with special health needs at the Prince of Peace Children’s Home in China, which serves over 100 orphans. For monthly updates, please visit: www.popsfoundation.org/newsletters.htm

Tea has been enjoyed for several thousand years. In many countries, it is a part of culture, everyday life, and even regarded as an art form. Tea brings people together, is relaxing and is good for your health.

Description:
Our 100% organic tea leaves that are young and tender, freshly harvested, lightly pan fried, and then dried. The pan-frying (common to Chinese green tea) process gives it its great taste, as well as its darker color. Green tea is known for its antioxidant properties which have many natural health benefits. A typical cup of green tea has about 20-30mg of caffeine, and cup of coffee ranges from 100-180mg.

Brewing Directions:
Place one tea bag in a 6 fl. oz. cup, add hot water and let it steep for 3-5 minutes before drinking. Sweeten to taste – we recommend using Prince of Peace® Honey CrystalsTM

Ingredients: Organic green tea leaves

Net Weight: 7.04oz / 200g (100 tea bags x 2g)

Product of China

Certified Organic by: IMO Switzerland
Yes, but where is is grown???

Last edited by VitoVino; 06-14-2012 at 04:04 AM.
Old 06-14-2012, 04:10 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by VitoVino
I hear ya! Everything you wrote makes good sense. Unless I can be sure where the green tea comes from (not grown in Japan) I'm going to stop drinking it.

I'm skeptical of everything nowaday's myself. Companies lie and deceive and that's their business model, not done by mistake. Also, I don't mind a taking a little risk in life because a little risk can't be avoided, but if a company is outright lying/covering something up I boycott them. I'm going to get to the bottom of Prince of Peace and find out for sure where the green tea is grown (I haven't checked yet).

Thanks for the heads-up on this important matter.
Its really the bummer the whole thing because I love the taste of green tea. I'm trying to find more info. I am afraid no one honestly is testing imported food, so there is little safety net out there. And its nothing against Japan. Farmers and industry are just trying to make a living and they may not know if their products are safe. Its just a very unfortunate occurrence.

I found a website for a Japanese parent's organization for protecting kids against radiation. I figured they might have some useful info, but I can't get Bing to translate the webpage because of some missing key code in my computer which I don't know what that means. My dad's neighbor used to have a geiger counter so I am going to see if he still has it and can borrow it to test some of the Asian foods I have at home. That is the only way I know of to get a definitive answer. Btw- I did run across reports of people in Alaska getting sick from the radiation fall out. Seems there is also a cover up of Calif receiving fall out. People don't realize the seriousness of this and how it will be a problem for many decades.
Old 06-14-2012, 04:17 AM
FitDay Member

Default Update

Just called PoPUS in Hayward, CA (1-510-887-3908) and Customer Service stated unequivocally that the planting and entire process for their green tea is done in China.
Old 06-14-2012, 04:24 AM
FitDay Member

This isn't specific to green tea but check out what I found-
Is Nuclear Fallout from Japan still Bombarding America?
Old 06-14-2012, 04:26 AM
FitDay Member

Wohali, you may want to try this for translation: Free Translation and Professional Translation Services from SDL

I've heard about the fallout and radioactivity washing ashore in California. Our stinking news these days is more concerned about running distractions than reporting actual news anymore. And folks are more preoccupied with mindless endeavors like watching sports and the Kardashians than their health. How sad.

I don't trust the media either. The whole damned country is corrupt and the media stopped doing it's job years ago in truthful reporting (the truth, the WHOLE truth, and nothing but the truth-- they habitually leave out the whole truth in their slanting). Thank God we've got the internet to help get the truth out about things.
Old 06-14-2012, 04:28 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Wohali
This isn't specific to green tea but check out what I found-
Is Nuclear Fallout from Japan still Bombarding America?
And you may be interested in this Alex Jones' Infowars: There's a war on for your mind!

I take everything on there with a grain of salt, BUT I also use them as a launching point for my research in trying to get to the root of the WHOLE truth about things. I read through it as an INDEPENDENT. I am not a R or D. If anything I lean towards Libertarian.

Last edited by VitoVino; 06-14-2012 at 04:35 AM.
Old 06-15-2012, 07:09 AM
FitDay Member

Hello one and all! I have been a FitDay fan for several years, and also drink large quantities of green tea, as sun tea, iced. I purchase and have used Royal King brand for years. I am trying to find out, via their distributor here in the states, where the tea is grown. It says on the box that it is a product of China. Lacking a Geiger counter in the tool shed, I hope for honesty from the company - and a prompt response as well!

As I have been consuming this tea for so long, and in such large quantities (I make 3 gallons a day, for myself and the family, sweetening with stevia and flavored with mint and lime), I will in all honesty admit that I cannot afford to panic about this. I will continue researching this - and keep an eye on this forum for any updates.

JudiPurple
Old 06-15-2012, 08:29 AM
FitDay Member

Just spoke to a woman at Herba Natural (2nd one - 1st needed some ESL courses), and she informed me that the green tea sold under the brand Royal King is grown in China, NOT Japan. I also emailed a missive, and await a reply from the company as well.

I purchase the tea at a very good price from a Chinese herb company in NYC, Kamwo. I buy 12 boxes at a time, 100 tea bags each...reference my previous post: 3 gallons iced tea per day...
Old 06-21-2012, 07:28 AM
FitDay Member

It seems most of the studies on it Green tea - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia are correlational and drawing conclusions from those is difficult.

The double blind studies are far more interesting.

As a general weight loss supplement, though, this will be noise; at best a mild impact for certain. As always, total food energy is king.
Old 06-22-2012, 12:54 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Skoorb
As a general weight loss supplement, though, this will be noise; at best a mild impact for certain. As always, total food energy is king.

I'm relying on PERSONAL EXPERIENCE as well as studies, along with testimony from a multitude of people who all have seen the same things:

1) Green tea burns extra calories
2) Green tea helps to reduce hunger

If it doesn't work for you, so be it, and if you are of the opinion that it doesn't work based upon your research, so be it.

Furthermore, you probably overlooked the calculation done earlier in this thread. If you consider 5 pounds weight loss per year "mild" so be it. But THAT, along with the antioxidants this provides makes green tea a very wise choice for the health conscious.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.