Notices

Foodies Anonymous

Old 07-19-2011, 07:11 AM
FitDay Member

Chocolate for me, especially M&M's or Hershey Bar ....plain or almond. There were days I would have 2 or 3. I quit cold turkey on April 7. When I lost my first 20, I let myself have the regular size bag of M&M's. When I lose my next 20, I have told myself I get the "Tear & Share" bag. Of course, there will be no sharing involved! My addiction to M&M's is so bad, I have even daydreamed about getting married (if it ever happens, hasn't for 48 years, lol) and having the personalized M&M's at my reception. Of course, this daydream has only been since I quit eating them, lol. But at least I can laugh about it. One of my employees at work keeps a bag of M&M's in the refrigerator almost every day. So far I have not taken them!
Old 07-19-2011, 09:52 AM
FitDay Member

Doritos and cake, as soon as I start thats it : (
Old 07-19-2011, 10:04 AM
FitDay Member

For me, there's no one thing, but I find myself grazing when I start eating bite-sized foods that require little preparation, even if they're "healthy". Grapes, cherries, sushi, small squares of leftover pizza, almonds, little cubes of cheese and cocktail shrimp are all "gateway" foods for me. However well-intentioned I start off, it is all too easy to end up overdoing it. I just bolt them down, don't feel full and then go ahead and have some more. I do a lot better when I have to prepare my food and have a meal instead of just grazing.

My more specific weakness, if I had to pick one, is similar to taubele's. I am kind of a texture person, and there's nothing better to me than soft sweet breads like banana or poppy seed bread. You'd think one slice (ha! more like five!) wouldn't hurt, but adding up the nutrition info for my friend's famous zucchini bread recipe made me realize how much damage a little treat could do! Now I just find it is better to stay away. Very far away. Well, most of the time anyway...
Old 07-19-2011, 10:29 AM
Super Moderator

Kumochi, I had to laugh because I could have mountains of milk chocolate piled around my house and have no interest in it! I don't care for the taste of it, lol! I love the 99% dark chocolate but I can't really eat too much at one time because it's so bitter.

I would have to say my food fetishes right now are fresh grilled pineapple and light lemon ice. I can not get enough of either so I usually eat a ton on my reload day! I ate a whole box of ice last time!

My favorite, lose all control, food would have to be cola and root beer Bottle Caps! I have trouble finding them but I get lucky a couple of times a year and when I do move outta my way because I will run you over to get a box!

When I see that display of movie box type candy I try not to get all excited but as I get closer I find myself hoping that I will see that bright purple and pink box shining out from the other, dull candy boxes.

The best part is getting home and opening that new box and smelling the pure sugary heaven. I dump the box out, hoping that this time I find more tan ones then normal, hoping that maybe their candy belt had an accident and all the soda ones ended up in my box!!! As I separate them from their yucky siblings I have to decide which one do I eat first? Cola? Root Beer? How can I choose one over the other? Maybe one of each at the same time??? And finally, the moment I put them in my mouth...the pure sugar bliss putting me in a daze until I sadly realize the only ones left are the orange, purple and pink and my adventure is over.

Until the next time I see that box shining from across the store, waiting just for me.

Last edited by vabeachgirlNYC; 07-19-2011 at 10:32 AM.
Old 08-01-2011, 10:14 AM
FitDay Member

Pizza! Oh, that ooey gooey slightly charred mozzarella over sweet sauce and lovely chewy bread.

The man friend and I can pack away an entire XL pizza over the course of a couple of hours and not regret it at all.Guess that's why we also wear XL clothes. We've had to make a point not even to order it unless there are a couple of other people around to help us with it.
Old 08-01-2011, 11:56 AM
FitDay Member

For me, I could have ton of chips, chocolate milk, soda, beer, nuts, pizza, ..... in the house. I never care about them.

My biggest problem is rice, and dried fish, fermented tofu. If I have those in handy, i could eat the whole pot of rice (10 cups) and still want more. I realized it while I eating but I can't stop (in my head, there is a little voice said"let cheat today, gt back tomorrow") and I listen to it until there is no more rice left.
I should make rice unavailable.
Mai
Old 08-05-2011, 07:05 AM
FitDay Member

I can't do any sort of chocolate or I absolutely DIE XD
Bread and soda are also weaknesses that always kill me.
But chocolate is the worst. :/
Old 08-05-2011, 08:29 AM
FitDay Member

Ice cream. At my peak weight (when I was nursing a broken leg) I could plow through a gallon of Cold Stone in one day, and you know how heavy that stuff is. Now I allow myself one of those little half-pints of Ben & Jerry's a month.
Old 08-05-2011, 04:12 PM
Super Moderator

I don't like ice cream. I never have and don't understand the love for it. One of my sibs thinks I'm nuts because that's her favorite food!
Old 08-06-2011, 12:19 AM
FitDay Member

vabeachgirl -- I saw a bunch of the pop cap candies in our local Candy store the other day. They had tons of them. I was good and bought low calorie wherthers. Mary

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.