Notices

Aleve makes you heavier?

Old 07-16-2011, 02:15 PM
FitDay Member

All of those "diet pills" have been linked to hardcore liver damage, and excessive caffine intake has pretty beastly withdrawal symptoms. Aleve makes you heavier, asprin makes your stomach bleed, and the fire retardants on our clothing and furniture has been proven to increase the chances of leukemia in cats. wtf, world.
Old 07-16-2011, 02:59 PM
Super Moderator

I'm not saying it's something to avoid if you need it, but it does help to have a possible explanation when you know you're doing what you should be diet-wise and have an unexplained jump on the scale.

Even if it's not the real reason, having something to hang it on sort of helps, IMO. I know you can't always figure everything out, but for me, this is one thing that might help me avoid the, "oh well, I'm doing what I'm supposed to and it's not working, so I might as well have a banana split" mentality. That now becomes, "oh well, could very well be the Aleve, so no worries, stay the course."

It's also good to know that it's another source of sodium intake, especially for those watching that.