Notices

Columbus Day Lose 10% of Your Body Weight Challenge

Old 07-22-2011, 03:33 AM
FitDay Member

I see my last check in date was 1 month ago and it shows. I have gained 10 pounds. Uhg.

This challenge works for me. I am at 180 and will round up to 20 pounds lost by Columbus Day.

So glad to have my walk done for the morning since it will be 95 here.
Old 07-22-2011, 06:29 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by mecompco
Great job, Matt! And I accept the challenge. I'm figuring early to mid September if I continue to lose at my current pace. Whichever one of us gets there first will hold the door open for the other.

Regards,
Michael
I am loosing about 3 pounds per week so that should put me around the same time period if my rate continues. It should be a fun race, good luck to you.
Old 07-30-2011, 12:13 AM
FitDay Premium Member

How's everyone doing? I've stayed about the same this week, though I did weigh in this morning AFTER three cups of coffee and a nice steak, eggs and toast breakfast and was still at 217 (I usually weigh before breakfast).

I've gotta say, I do love a nice high protein and moderate fat breakfast! 3oz. of lean steak, a couple day old (from my chickens) eggs and a couple slices of 35 calorie WW toast with real butter--yum! And it sticks with me very well--my body burns off a high carb breakfast almost before I'm out the door.

Have a great weekend, everyone!

Regards,
Michael
Old 07-30-2011, 12:24 AM
FitDay Member

I agree with the high protein breakfast Michael. Any day I know I'm not going to have food available for 6 hours or so after breakfast I go for bacon and eggs with low calorie toast, and some fruit. I have also started doing a protein shake instead of breakfast on ordinary days. One day last week I did both when I figured lunch might not happen till very late. When I have my cereal breakfast I need to have my next meal by 12 or I am fading - sometimes by 11 even.

Feeling more motivated today. Sorta lost it yesterday however not too much damage done -- AS LONG AS I GET BACK ON TRACK! The shouting was for me. Family visiting this weekend, however I plan on making them eat healthy and exercise with me.

Off to the farmers market for farm fresh eggs and veggies. I'm craving yellow beans. Now that's a healthy craving - if I leave the butter off them. Have a great day everyone. Mary
Old 07-30-2011, 12:35 AM
FitDay Member

Default Can I join in.

I know it is kind of late but I still want to join in.My current weight is 148.4 ,I want to lose 15 at least by thanksgiving.
Old 07-30-2011, 04:26 AM
FitDay Member

I lost it this week either I had to much on my mind or just "didn't care anymore". I fell off the wagon and it left me behind!!!! I only gained .6lb but that is going the wrong way I had no ambition to log in my food or my activities for a couple of days... may have been the brutal heat or a mild bout of doubting that I could continue doing this. I know I was going out for dinner with friends and one of which is very set in her ways if you don't talk to her about everything and anything going on in your life she can be very opiniated - she actually surprised me in asking if I had lost wieght and said I looked good and on other topics of conversation she was actually very open to hearing what we said and accepting what we decided in dealing with our own issues. (overall a good evenign was had). Now i just need to refocus and find that dammed wagon!!!!
Old 07-30-2011, 05:45 AM
FitDay Member

I totally emphathize, peppy! And I understand about the moments of self-doubt. Sometimes I am overwhelmed by the enormity of what I am trying to accomplish - not only in terms of actual weight loss, but in terms of totally rewiring my brain and changing lifelong ingrained habits. For what it's worth, if I can find the wagon, anyone can find the wagon
Old 07-30-2011, 07:31 AM
FitDay Member

Peppy You have doen great. I started about the same time and yesterday was the only day I felt I was in danger of losing my motivation. I've had other days where I've not done well but always new I'd continue. Yesterday was more than that and I was concerned I'd stop. I think that danger is gone. It took me from September to January to get started, I don't want to stray. Mary
Old 07-31-2011, 02:19 AM
FitDay Member

Thumbs up

Thank you both, Mary and Joanna.
I am glad I got that off of my chest (venting)- this morning woke up with the attitude - that I had come this far and I am not going to blow it now- I have the support of family and friends - and this community . So I know when I need help I can come here. I have located another wagon and have strapped myself into it so I won't fall off unless there is a huge pot hole on the road to success. Have a great weekend everyone
Old 08-03-2011, 01:21 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by hmundra
I know it is kind of late but I still want to join in.My current weight is 148.4 ,I want to lose 15 at least by thanksgiving.
Sure, come on in, all are welcome. Go to the check-in thread and add your stats by copying and pasting the previous post.

I have had another good week, down another 5 pounds. I am on holidays next week so my next check-in won't be until August 15th, with any luck I will be at the 10% by then.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.