Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Weight Loss Tips
Columbus Day Lose 10% of Your Body Weight Challenge >

Columbus Day Lose 10% of Your Body Weight Challenge

Community
Notices

Columbus Day Lose 10% of Your Body Weight Challenge

Old 10-04-2011, 12:15 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks Michael. The challanges here definately help me. I'm also in a 10 pound one by Dec 1st with money at stake ($20.00 each plus bragging rights) I'm hoping to make that one. Mary
Old 10-10-2011, 12:09 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Default Congratulations!

Congrats to all who stayed the course! To those who dropped out along the way, come on back and get into the New Year's challenge--it's OK to take a break, but quitting is not an option (or at least not a very good one!).

I'd like to get down to 179 by New Years but I'll have to really buckle down. The cals have snuck up considerably and that's not going to cut it to lose 20 pounds in 10 weeks!

Regards,
Michael
Old 10-10-2011, 12:21 AM
FitDay Member

Great challenge, that was fun! I ended up 2.8 lbs away from my goal - I'm happy with that! Looking forward to the next one, and really looking forward to the results.
Old 10-10-2011, 02:34 AM
Super Moderator

Well, I ended up with an 8% loss instead of a 10% loss -- also 2.8 away from my goal! I can't really be upset about it, though, since it was still a loss in the right direction (AND I took about a month "off" needing a mental break from the weight loss and to get my head in order). Happily will be joining in the New Year's challenge for sure! Great job everyone!
Old 10-10-2011, 05:32 AM
FitDay Member

So I didn't really drop out although I did stop updating the thread. All in all, I needed to lose 29 lbs to meet the challenge but lost 12.2 instead. That is 4%. Do I feel bad for not making it? Maybe a little but hey...it's still 12.2lbs off of me! That I can't feel bad about! I am going to put in for the next challenge and hope to do better. But any weight lost is a step in the better direction for me!!
Old 10-12-2011, 01:34 AM
FitDay Member

This challenge started out great for me, I lost 14 percent, most of it in the first 2 months, the last month I basically stayed at the same weight.

Congratulations to all of those that lost weight on this challenge! Now on to the next one.
Old 10-12-2011, 01:42 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by DancinBear2
This challenge started out great for me, I lost 14 percent, most of it in the first 2 months, the last month I basically stayed at the same weight.

Congratulations to all of those that lost weight on this challenge! Now on to the next one.
Mark, you done good! I've been treading water myself, right around the 199 mark or a pound or two higher. I'm getting my cal average back down around 1600 or so where it needs to be for me to lose consistently--it had crept up to 2000 or so, more upon occasion and I can't lose at that level.

I'd like to see 175 myself by the end of the year. The last time I was 175 was when I was 20 or so and had lost over 100 pounds. My ultimate goal is to see 169 which is the high for being "normal". I've not been that light since grade school.

Regards,
Michael
Old 10-12-2011, 02:06 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by mecompco
I'd like to see 175 myself by the end of the year.
We can do this.