Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Weight Loss Tips
Columbus Day Lose 10% of Your Body Weight Challenge >

Columbus Day Lose 10% of Your Body Weight Challenge

Community
Notices

Columbus Day Lose 10% of Your Body Weight Challenge

Old 08-22-2011, 12:44 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Mark, it's easy to start thinking about food. It really helps me to keep busy, because I have no problem eating when I'm not hungry, which is of course VERY BAD.

I'm down a pound already, after getting back to work. I hope to lose at least another pound this week, but we'll see.

Stay strong, my friend, keep yourself busy and perhaps up the protein to help avoid snacking.

Regards,
Michael
Old 08-26-2011, 09:24 PM
FitDay Premium Member

So how are we all doing?

Finally another pound gone for me. I'm behind schedule for the Challenge but being back to work will be a big help in getting my much needed exercise in every day.

Down an even 6% for the Challenge, only six weeks to lose another 13 pounds--doable but I think it's going to be close.

Keep up the good fight, everybody!

Regards,
Michael
Old 08-29-2011, 01:55 AM
FitDay Member

Down a couple more pounds, which is enough to put me beyond my original goal for this challenge. I am going to revise my goal and try for 195 by Columbus Day.

Michael,
Thanks for the advise and encouragement, boredom eating is defineately one of my issues. Keeping busy needs to be part of my diet plan. I know you can make your goal if you set your mind to it, you are the King of weght-loss. How about an update on your daily walks, are you back into the routine yet, is your time still as quick as it was at the start of summer.
Old 08-29-2011, 06:49 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by DancinBear2
Down a couple more pounds, which is enough to put me beyond my original goal for this challenge. I am going to revise my goal and try for 195 by Columbus Day.

Michael,
Thanks for the advise and encouragement, boredom eating is defineately one of my issues. Keeping busy needs to be part of my diet plan. I know you can make your goal if you set your mind to it, you are the King of weght-loss. How about an update on your daily walks, are you back into the routine yet, is your time still as quick as it was at the start of summer.
Mark, thanks for asking! Still getting settled back at work. I think my job may be a little more active this year, rather than being stuck behind a couple of LCDs all day.

At the end of June I was starting to have knee problems so I don't think I'll be jogging anymore. My knees have bothered in the past and I'm sure they are in bad shape having been abused by carrying such a heavy load all these year. I'll probably just stick with a fast walk. There is a gym literally a five minute walk away, but with only a 30 minute lunch it's probably not worth it.

Regards,
Michael
Old 09-01-2011, 08:51 PM
FitDay Premium Member

So we're down to less than six weeks left in the Challenge--how's it going? My losses have started again now that I'm back to a structured work day--almost five pounds this week Looks like I just might join the "100 Club" by the end of the Challenge after all.

So let's get this done!

Regards,
Michael
Old 09-02-2011, 12:20 AM
FitDay Member

Well done Mike It's good to get back to routine isn't it. I had hoped to post a loss today however too much diet coke, home smoked salmon and rum last night has lead to fluid retention. Soon you will see my numbers going down. Might not make the 10% but want to hit 160 by October 10th.
Old 09-12-2011, 09:04 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Default Less than a month left!

We're in the final stretch!

I see a couple of us poised to jump through the door to the coveted "100s". How exciting is that?!

Slow and (fairly) steady for me--another couple of pounds down for an even 206 this morning for a hair over 9% gone since the Challenge start.

Have a great week, everyone!

Regards,
Michael
Old 09-12-2011, 11:51 PM
FitDay Member

I'm not going to make 10 percent however I'm going to try for 5%. 6 weeks to do that. No excuses now that summers over. Mary
Old 09-13-2011, 02:03 AM
FitDay Member

I'm going the wrong direction! I gained a pound last week.

The next couple of weeks are going to be bad. I have a couple of dinners out planned this week. Next week I will be spending several days at a cottage with friends, which always involves plenty of food and alcohol.
Old 09-13-2011, 03:01 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by DancinBear2
I'm going the wrong direction! I gained a pound last week.

The next couple of weeks are going to be bad. I have a couple of dinners out planned this week. Next week I will be spending several days at a cottage with friends, which always involves plenty of food and alcohol.
Mark, still plenty of time to drop that two pounds--have some fun! I've got some outings coming up as well so I very well might need a little extension in time to hit the "ones". We'll get there!

Regards,
Michael

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.