So why are you loosing weight?
I made the decision to loose weight because I had been utterly miserable in my marriage. I had been married for ten years and if it wasn't for my children, I would have thought those ten years was an utter failure!
I had gained so much weight during my marriage that I simply removed any full length mirror I had owned.
After the divorce, I made a decision that I needed to grab hold of my life again! But my problem is that my love life is totally in the pits!!!
Everytime I date some guy or girl it ends pretty quickly. A couple guys did actually mentioned it was my weight. Now, on one hand I was thankful for their honesty but on the other hand I was quite upset that they could not look past my weight.
But it is human nature. People are attracted to your body and they are not. And your success in a relationship may very well have to do with your physical attraction to the other. And Vice versa.
So I am loosing weight because:
1. I want to be healthy again! I am so tired of..well being tired!!!
2. I want a fulfilling love life where they are attracted to my body AND my mind!
3. I just wanna buy cute things again! I really wanna go to the Petites section again!!
4. I wanna pick up my old fun habit of cycling. I can't do that being overweight!
This is me now
hopefully I will have a very much slimmer "after pics" in a year or so!!
So what are your reasons why you want to loose weight?
First off, congratulations on your decision to be a healthier and better you! Every day offers so many opportunities to do just that.
I have to say that I think you're adorable - I can't imagine that someone (much less 2 people) would tell you that they didn't see a future with you because of your weight, but I suppose some people are like that. Of course, always lose weight for yourself first and foremost, but I think you're on a good path by letting those turds motivate you into living better.
It's funny, I've been on this journey for well over a year now, but I still had to stop and think as to why exactly I want to lose weight. Thanks for the chance to refresh my memory. ;)
1. To be healthier and stronger.
2. To feel 100% comfortable in my own skin.
3. To (eventually) have a body that shows my dedication to working out instead of my current one that covers up any (well, most) muscle definition with my chub-chub. :)
Here're my reasons:
1. I'm a single mom, and simply can't afford to get ill.
2. I want to set a good example for the kids on how to live a healthy lifestyle. We enjoy "junk" in moderation, but they see their mom exercise daily, and put healthy foods in front of them.
3. I work in a nursing home, and see the MANY MANY people who have health issues directly associated with their obesity. Many are on more than a dozen medications! I am in my 40's and some of the residents aren't much older than I am!
4. My family tends to live to ripe old ages. I would like to be able to enjoy my retirement and go on trips, play with the grandchildren and spend my hard-earned money on things I like - not medication, procedures, etc...
5. I like having people look at me with disbelief when I tell them I'm 45!
6. I like being referred to as "the thin one" at work!
7. Last but not least, still holding out hope that I will meet a nice man who finds me attractive and loves kids!
To be healthier
I'm losing because when I'm not losing I'm gaining. This time once I reach my goal I'll get a handle on maintenance.
Fitness is also an important reason. As my 65th birthday approaches I want to be able to continue being active and able to travel and keep up to the grandkids.
As Nottango said it's fun when people won't believe I'm 64. I've stopped telling them unless there is a senior's discount.
I've been told my appearance does not reflect the real me. I'm working on having an exterior that matches the peson inside.
My first response when I saw this thread is why aren't I losing weight? because I seem to be at a standstill. But my reasons for wanting to are:
1) to control my blood pressure and maybe get off my bp meds
2) to be a good example to DD
3) And I am trying to avoid sugar and cut carbs because those foods cause my fibromyalgia to flare up terribly.
4) My family members don't tend to live long and I want to be around for my DH and my darling girl.
5) And yeah I'd like to look good but at 51 with thinning hair and self consciousness about partial facial paralysis due to Bells Palsy, I figure maybe that ship has sailed. Tho I still say I am cute as a bugs ear.
And honestly, I looked at your pictures and you are beautiful. Seriously beautiful. Anyone who says they don't want you due to appearance is just a stoopid doodyhead. IMHO.
I've only been on this site for a week, but I've spent many years thinking about why I want to lose weight.
1.) I've been a type 1 diabetic for 15 years, and I've only recently gotten my blood sugars under control. Losing weight is going to be an important part of that journey!
2.) I'm totally down with the whole being cute thing. I've been chubby since my early teens, and I'm ready to have the body I've always wanted to have - hello, cute clothes!!!
Cheers to everyone here, I've no doubt we can do it!
I think it is so awesome reading all of your replied! I think it would great so see us all loose this weight together because it is so more than just weight; there are so many things in our lives that can motivate us to do the right thing!
Thank you for your comments so far!
I want to look and feel better.
|All times are GMT. The time now is 02:39 PM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.3.2