||LinkBack||Thread Tools||Search this Thread||Display Modes|
|07-07-2011, 06:52 PM||#21 (permalink)|
Join Date: Jul 2010
Weight wasn't an issue for me until about 4 years ago. I am losing, because:
1. I want to be healthy again! My BMI says I'm overweight.
2. I'm always tired. I want my energy and life back now!
3. My husband enjoys most of my curves, but I am 100% uncomfortable in my skin.
4. I have a closet and drawers full of clothes that I can't fit. I'm even snug in my workout clothes. Recently had to go out and buy a ton of clothes, because nothing fit anymore.
5. I used to love working out, but the more weight I gained, the harder it was to do so.
6. I'm embarrassed to visit family and friends who haven't seen me in a while, because I've gained 1/2 my weight from just a few years ago.
7. I hate, hate, hate seeing new pix of me.
Starting weight: 140 lbs. 6/28/10
Pounds lost: 4
Current weight: 136
Goal weight: 115
Goal date: 12/01/10
Gained weight for unknown reason then pregnant, but lost baby. New stats below:[/b]
Starting weight: 153 (can't remember date, but sometime in early June. Down to 145 very shortly after.
Weight as of October 6, 2011: 136
Goal date: 12/01/11
Ultimate goal: 115 by 3/01/12
[b]I need to drink more water!
|07-08-2011, 02:23 AM||#22 (permalink)|
Join Date: Jan 2011
1) Because I want my boyfriend to be able to pick me up and twirl me around
2) Because I want to start a family some day soon, and I want to be healthy enough to do it right
3) I don't want my future children to have the same relationship with food that I had - destructive and unknowing
4) I want to wear interesting clothing - not just the same 'ol sack-like outfits in different colors
5) Because my family has a history of Type 2 diabetes, and I don't want to go down that road
6) And, of course... because being fat sucks! Thanks, Drew Carey!
Female, 31 years old, 5'4 1/2" tall
Starting weight 1/4/11 = 215.2 lbs.
Weight 10/22/14 = 175.0 (net: -40.2)
Last mini-goal: 175 lbs. REACHED 10/22/14 --REWARD: New wallet
Current min-goal: 170 lbs.
Next large goal: 165 lbs. by 12/25/2014
Lowest weight: 156.7 lbs.
150.2 lbs. <--- Official "Healthy BMI" weight
Estimated final goal: 130-140 lbs.
"You don't have to change your life today. You only need to change your day today."
|07-09-2011, 05:48 AM||#23 (permalink)|
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Cheltenham, Gloucestershire, England
1. Because I want my husband to look at me like he used to.
2. To come off my Diabetic (Type 2) medication and be full of energy.
3. So I dont feel embarressed when I meet new people or someone I havent seen for a while.
start: June 2, 2011 - 219lbs
Goal: 120lbs - weight when I got married 20 years ago.
|07-09-2011, 12:03 PM||#24 (permalink)|
Join Date: Jul 2011
So I don't feel crappy whenever I look in the mirror.
So I don't feel judged due to my exterior.
So I can avoid diabetes.
195 start weight on 2/28/11
152 current weight (43 lbs in 4 mos)
140 first goal weight by 10/31/11
120 ultimate goal weight by who knows???
PROGRESS PIC (FIRST 40 LBS) CLICK HERE
|07-10-2011, 04:24 PM||#25 (permalink)|
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: The Villages, Florida
My biggest reason for losing weight is to improve my health. I also want to be able to be more active and move around easier.
It is not fun to have to do everyday tasks when you are obese. I am tired of having to stuggle with things that should be easy.
Most of the time, I feel very uncomfortable with my excess weight. I really need to follow through with this and try to get closer to a normal weight.
Best wishes to everyone!
|07-11-2011, 05:02 PM||#26 (permalink)|
Join Date: Mar 2011
Lots of reasons...
1. to be healthier of course. I want to live a long life that isn't shortened by being obese or just suffering through the last years in a sedentary state. I've seen it and it isn't pretty.
2. Vanity...I want my teen boys to never be embarrassed of their mom. When their friends go home, I want them to say man his mom is hot.
3. For my hubby. He loves me just the way I am but I see him looking and touching more often and in a different way than recently when I was so heavy.
4. To be more professional. I know that looks aren't supposed to affect your job, but they do. If I were to apply for a position and someone smaller did with the same qualifications. They would get the job.
April - 35yr 5'10" mom of two teen boys
331.2 lbs 02.21.11 (start) size 28W-30W jeans
229.2 lbs 08.06.12 (best so far) size 16W
263.4 lbs 03.03.14 (current)
Progress 67.8 lbs - 20% of my original weight
New Collage April 2012
You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a newdream. ... CS Lewis
|07-11-2011, 08:32 PM||#27 (permalink)|
Join Date: Jul 2011
Don't wait to lose weight before you get back into cycling - get back in that saddle now. If I can do it so can you. Trust, me life is too short to be worrying about what other people think.
Check out my blog Annah and you'll see that although I am very, very overweight I will not give up my bike. It makes me feel alive!!!
Join me Annah - even if it is only in spirit!!
Reasons to lose weight??? Because i'm worth it!
Start weight: 17st 1lb
Today's weight: 16st 8lb
Weight loss to date: 7lb
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|