Notices

Not losing any weight with diet and exercise! Help!?

Old 06-23-2011, 02:30 PM
FitDay Member

Default Not losing any weight with diet and exercise! Help!?

I've been exercising and dieting, and the first two weeks I lost 6 pounds, but then I've been stuck. It's really frustrating ...it makes me want to give

Starting weight was 164
Now 157
Height 5"5
Female, 18 years old

I work for 1.5 hours a day and go 5 times a week, and I ride my bike to the gym and back home which is 1.5 miles away so its 15-20 minute ride

I usually eat 800-1200 calories a day

Last edited by mdrl; 06-23-2011 at 02:33 PM.
Old 06-23-2011, 05:29 PM
FitDay Member

Hello! You are work so hard. And your muscles become bigger. Muscles are heavier than fat. So, everything is OK. Do not worry. Good luck!

Last edited by Ladka; 06-24-2011 at 06:20 AM.
Old 06-23-2011, 07:02 PM
FitDay Member

Default Track all the food you eat!

Continue exercising as you are but the most important thing to do to lose weight is track and weigh EVERY food you eat during the day to ensure you are staying under your goal calorie amount. Don't rely on memory as we can easily deceive ourselves.

Last edited by Skv2423; 06-23-2011 at 07:04 PM.
Old 06-24-2011, 05:53 AM
FitDay Member

Try cutting back on the exercise by about half for a week and see what happens. I suspect over training/under eating is putting your body under some stress. Sometimes less IS more. More than likely your muscles are retaining water. Remember losing the weight slowly is important so that you can keep your muscles while losing fat. Also, rather than just watching the scale get out a tape measure and use it for another look into what your body is actually doing.
Old 06-24-2011, 07:08 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks guys, you made me feel better. I'll continue with this and get back to you
Old 06-24-2011, 09:08 AM
FitDay Member

With the amount you excersie 800-1200 calories is not enough...up your protein. You should be a =between 1200-1400 maybe more some days. Up your water also
Old 06-28-2011, 04:48 AM
Super Moderator

Lightbulb

I listen to two guys who have a podcast on iTunes (free to subscribe to their podcast), 'Fat 2 Fit.' They also have a website but i like listening to their podcast.

They have a refreshing take on dieting. They say to live like the slender person you are aiming to be. It sounds to me like you are doing just that. Everyone's got an opinion about slim people but, excepting the people who are naturally skinny people and may even have a hard time gaining weight, slim people do eat less and move more.

That's what you're doing. You're just getting impatient about the weight loss. I agree with whoever suggested carefully counting all your food (weigh and measure it as well...) Not only do people underestimate how much they eat but they tend to get sloppier about how they measure as time goes on - those people who even bother to measure, that is!
Old 06-30-2011, 04:45 PM
FitDay Member

Make sure that you don't underestimate you calorie intake..Where the calories come from isn't important when it comes to calorie counting. A calorie is largely a calorie, and it makes no difference if your 1200 calories come from chocolate, or garden-grown salad leaves that were watered with organic spring water.
Healthy food (there is no such thing as 'real food'), or if you want to call it that, 'clean food' is certainly healthier for you, and will have a positive impact on your wellbeing, but in the scheme of losing weight and controlling calories, it makes no difference whatsoever..
hope it would help out..
thanks..
please do not spam our site.

Last edited by 01gt4.6; 07-11-2011 at 10:49 AM. Reason: removed spam
Old 07-10-2011, 04:48 AM
FitDay Member

It sounds as if you have reached one of the dreaded "plateaus". But that should pass and you will start losing weight again.
Best wishes!
Old 07-17-2011, 02:17 AM
FitDay Member

Default Not all calories have the same effect

I sort of have to disagree with stotalhealth on the calories thing. Having read the exhaustively reserched and very well documented book by Gary Taubes I believe that not all calories have the same impact on health or weight. (edit: book is Good Calories, Bad Calories) Eat more fat, fewer carbs (much fewer grains and other starches especially, and quit sugar altogether), watch your protein quantities. This might shake you up a bit and you may see some slow movement downwards.

And I agree 100% that you are not taking in enough total calories. Your body may be slowing down weight loss to hold on to its own lean mass. More fat and meat, fewer carbs - why not give it a try?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.