Goal for the Upcoming Week? >

Goal for the Upcoming Week?

Community
Notices

Goal for the Upcoming Week?

Old 02-11-2010, 01:19 AM
Super Moderator

Default Goal for the Upcoming Week?

So many of us are setting goals related to pounds and calories and exercise. Those are great.

I'm interested in what sorts of goals we can set to take care of ourselves in ways that aren't focused on food and working out. I think that's very important also.

My goal for the upcoming week is to make sure I sleep at least 7 hours a night. I know it's not good for me to short myself, yet in logging activities, I see I have been short every night this week so far.

It's one of those things I should know better about, but I do it anyway, so I'm putting it out there to be accountable in another healthy way.

Anybody else have any thoughts?
Old 02-11-2010, 02:22 AM
FitDay Member

Good topic Cassie! I agree, it is important to take care of ourselves in other ways, which will also benefit us by helping us to achieve overall health.

I am working on nourishing my soul by picking up some old hobbies and also incorporating a couple new hobbies into my life.

Old hobbies: Playing guitar, reading more, watercolor painting.

New hobbies: Pottery (taking a class), learning how to knit.
Old 02-11-2010, 03:05 AM
FitDay Member

Default Escaping the computer

I think the best thing I can do for myself, ironically considering where I am right now, is to get away from the computer. I spend far too much time here. When I think of all the other things I could or should be doing...
Old 02-11-2010, 03:14 AM
FitDay Member

great topic. my goal is to get back into hobbies i enjoy doing. painting & knitting. i've also started journaling not just my food using the diary on this site, & i want to keep doing that i think it's important. so my goal is to also write a little there every day. even if all it is is hi i'm alive...lol.
Old 02-12-2010, 09:45 AM
FitDay Member

What a great topic! A guy I know compared a fit body without other goals or purpose was like having a beautiful restored car just sitting in the garage.

On the physical health side, I plan to floss nightly instead of every other night.

On the spiritual side, I plan to get back to following the Simple Abundance program by Sarah Von Breathnach. It involves daily reading, journaling and also a daily gratitude list. Definitely geared towards women (sorry guys). I always feel more balanced and happy when I practice her suggestions.

I'll be interested in hearing what others are focusing on.
Old 02-12-2010, 11:30 AM
FitDay Member

Hmmm, this week my plan is to set sail on a Royal Caribbean Cruise!! Whoot, Whoot!! We have four kids, and I can't even remember the last time my husband and I have been alone for more than an hour (aside from when the kids are in bed). Looking forward to reconnecting with my best friend and having some much needed "us" time. Rollerblading, iceskating, rock climbing, swimming...that should do the trick (almost, Ha!) Countdown to Thursday....
Old 02-12-2010, 10:09 PM
FitDay Member

second: I'm envious! I live in Virginia (also have 4 kids, but 3 are grown) and we've been hammered by snow! Have a great time!
Old 02-13-2010, 05:10 AM
FitDay Member

Built- Thanks so much. Can't wait to feel what 70's are like again! Hopefully I won't get a sunburn. Ha!