Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Weight Loss Tips
Fourth of July Lose 10% of Your Body Weigth Challenge Discussion >

Fourth of July Lose 10% of Your Body Weigth Challenge Discussion

Notices

Fourth of July Lose 10% of Your Body Weigth Challenge Discussion

Old 04-09-2011, 01:36 PM
FitDay Member

Mecompco- FANTASTIC JOB on the 5lbs loss!! Congrats!!!

Weighed myself on the BIA scale at the mall this afternoon, and according to it I have lost roughly 5 lbs since April 3rd, weighing in at 77.8 kg. My weight waivered originally between 80-81kg. This past week alone was a little over a 5lbs loss, but after not having lost ANYTHING last week after busting butt I decided to get revenge on last week and bust butt even harder this past week. Apparently I got revenge well enough to make up for last weeks lack of loss. My Fat index dropped from 36% to 33% too.

Looking forward to this week!!
Old 04-09-2011, 10:53 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by Crimpet
Mecompco- FANTASTIC JOB on the 5lbs loss!! Congrats!!!

Weighed myself on the BIA scale at the mall this afternoon, and according to it I have lost roughly 5 lbs since April 3rd, weighing in at 77.8 kg. My weight waivered originally between 80-81kg. This past week alone was a little over a 5lbs loss, but after not having lost ANYTHING last week after busting butt I decided to get revenge on last week and bust butt even harder this past week. Apparently I got revenge well enough to make up for last weeks lack of loss. My Fat index dropped from 36% to 33% too.

Looking forward to this week!!
See--I knew you'd start losing again. Those zero loss weeks are depressing but if you perservere and work your plan the losses WILL start up again. The human body doesn't always quite follow the "math" like we wish it would. Keep up the good work!

Regards,
Michael
Old 04-10-2011, 06:14 AM
FitDay Member

I haven't been able to log much so just logged all of last week this morning from notes that I took and even though I didn't log I still stayed on track! Thankfully! I am noticing more things like how much more flexible I am, how I don't get out of breath just going up the steps at home, more willing to play with the dogs outside, etc. Last week was a great one for me with a 6.6 lb (2%) loss!! I weigh in again tomorrow and hope for another big one. If I get over 6lbs again I will be in the 2's and you guys all know what a big deal that is!!!

I hope I am soon able to log daily again but I use the computer very little at home and my work one wont let me log in. I can view the forum but only as a guest so I can't make posts.
Old 04-10-2011, 06:30 AM
FitDay Member

I've just had a helluva week where exercise didn't happen very much and diet wasn't strict.

Next week will be better.
Old 04-11-2011, 04:46 AM
FitDay Member

@ Michael, well I didn't "sit" long at 192.2. Weigh in yesterday at 190.4 so ever closer to the elusive 185 mark (where the charts call me overwight but not obese).

That being said, I think I can lose the remaining 18 lb or so in the next 12 weeks. The hardest part will be maintaining while on vacation in Napa Valley at the end of this month! But it is ony four days, how much damage can I do (he he).

Great job everyone!

By the way I totally do not get how to post in with everyone above. Do you copy and paste everyone, and just alphabetically add yourself???

Thanks!

-Christy
Old 04-11-2011, 05:18 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by crblack1218
By the way I totally do not get how to post in with everyone above. Do you copy and paste everyone, and just alphabetically add yourself???

Thanks!

-Christy
Christy, that's exactly right--copy the latest post and paste it into your reply to the thread, then put your entry in alpha order--easy peasy .

If you still have trouble with it, let me know and I'll add you to the list myself.

Regards,
Michael
Old 04-12-2011, 02:28 PM
FitDay Member

6 pounds so far. That's a tad less than I have been doing by about 2 pounds over the same amount of time; BUT this is a brutal month and a half for me. Birthdays, mine, my sons, my daughters, my brothers (both), my moms and a sister in law.

One thing I have learned is to eat my normal healthy meal before I go to one of these parties, even though I know they plan to feed me. That way I arrive not hungry and am able to avoid most of the snack type food-like stuff they serve in the first hour or two. Then I just eat a small, sensible amount of the meal. When the cake comes I always pass the first plate they serve me to someone else (much to everyone's surprise) and say "I want a piece of cake but please no more than would be in a cup cake (because fit day has a cupcake on the foods list), and half a scoop of ice cream".

Birthday parties are survivable!

By the last day in April I will be past them all and on to only one big event in May. I should be able to hit this goal!

And by then the family may be trained in how much cake to serve me.
Old 04-16-2011, 03:15 AM
FitDay Member

Hope everyone has a good weekend... congrats to all those who have lost (both weight and inches). I had a bad week, made the mistake of going to a Chinese food buffet.. took me half the week to lose what I gained (to much sodium and MSG in the food). Next weekend will be the kicker with all that chocolat floating around... so far I am being good.
Old 04-16-2011, 06:25 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by peppy35
Hope everyone has a good weekend... congrats to all those who have lost (both weight and inches). I had a bad week, made the mistake of going to a Chinese food buffet.. took me half the week to lose what I gained (to much sodium and MSG in the food). Next weekend will be the kicker with all that chocolat floating around... so far I am being good.
Chinese Food Buffet - That was my downfall and biggest problem. Prior to my lifestyle change I would have lunch at one (they are EVERYWHERE) at least 3 times a week, often more. I bet I ate more calories at them than I eat in a week now. There is one right next door to the gym I work out in!! Amazing that I can resist it!
Old 04-16-2011, 07:04 AM
FitDay Member

Great job, everyone, in kicking off this challenge. We are off to a good start!

The first 2 weeks of the challenge, I lost one pound which is going in the right direction. The weight comes off very slowly these days, but as long as it is coming off, I am happy. I was hoping for one more pound to get me to my original goal (healthy BMI range), but that will have to wait until the end of the month, I think.

I have now been on this journey for a year! 53 pounds in 52 weeks. I have a 3500 calorie deficit per week, so that math really is right on. Once you find the plan that works for you, and you stick to it, it really does work. I'm hoping to drop the remaining 11 pounds by the end of this challenge, and then comes the real work - maintenance! I've been maintaining a 100 pound loss for almost 20 years now, with varying degrees of success (obviously!), so finding a better system of maintenance is going to be important.

Have a great weekend, everyone!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.