Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Weight Loss Tips
Fourth of July Lose 10% of Your Body Weigth Challenge Discussion >

Fourth of July Lose 10% of Your Body Weigth Challenge Discussion

Community
Notices

Fourth of July Lose 10% of Your Body Weigth Challenge Discussion

Old 05-02-2011, 04:39 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Well, the month of April did not amount to much of a loss for me--after the initial 5 pound week, the scale bounced around, then I went to camp for a week and didn't dare to weigh in for a week after. When all was said and done, I ended April with that same 5 pound loss.

Now, I've been expecting a plateau and this is probably it. I feel great and have extended my jogging to almost a full two miles. I've also noticed my clothes loosening up some more so who knows.

I am going to watch my portions a bit closer for a while--I notice I tend to get a little lax with the scale and measuring cup after a while and that might be making a difference.

I am committed to getting this 54 pounds off by the end of summer and kiss the "200s" goodbye forever.

Have a great week everyone!

Regards,
Michael
Old 05-03-2011, 03:56 AM
FitDay Member

Hello all!
Congrats on the losses and for the determination to keep losing!
I have managed one pound per week losses which I cannot complain about but I realize that in order to make the goal I have to step it up just a bit these next two months.
See you around!
Old 05-05-2011, 04:31 AM
FitDay Member

It is my first day back on forums and in the system for many months which means that I have been hiding from the reality of monitoring my portions and holding myself accountable. I had such good success when I was in the FitDay trackers, journal and forum so I came back. I am excited to see this challenge. I have not weighed in some time (another way I hide from reality ) but I hope I will have 16-17 lbs to lose before July 4th.
Old 05-06-2011, 12:30 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Default A Third of the Way!

Hey gang, we're about a third of the way done! Still time to get things in gear if you've been idling a bit (like me) or if you've just joined the Challenge.

Let's not let the nice spring weather distract us too much--just think how much nicer the summer will be with that 10% gone!

Regards,
Michael
Old 05-06-2011, 12:58 AM
FitDay Member

I'm still here. I just have not posted my weight as I don't want to post it till I'mm back to 174. I should never have posted after 3 days of the flu! April was a bust for me too. I'm starting low carb today for the month of May to try to lose the pounds that should have gone in April. I did lose an inch on my waist and my clothes are looser so it's just a matte rof time till I post another loss. Keep up the good work. Mary
Old 05-06-2011, 01:05 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by Kumochi
I'm still here. I just have not posted my weight as I don't want to post it till I'mm back to 174. I should never have posted after 3 days of the flu! April was a bust for me too. I'm starting low carb today for the month of May to try to lose the pounds that should have gone in April. I did lose an inch on my waist and my clothes are looser so it's just a matte rof time till I post another loss. Keep up the good work. Mary
Mary, I don't blame you at all--I won't post a gain, either (nor do I put them in my weight graph--all it does is tick me off and I know it's only temporary).

Isn't it odd about losing inches w/o a weight loss--I was noticing that a bit, too, before the scale moved again. I'm not sure how that happens, but it does.

I bet cutting the carbs will net you some results--looking forward to seeing you post a loss!

Regards,
Michael
Old 05-06-2011, 08:22 AM
FitDay Member

I have been MIA! Just busy, but still low carbing and controlling portions. Calories do matter even on a low carb diet. I am happy that I am progressing and not stalled. That is all that matters right now. Well, off to do some gardening.

BTW, good job DancingBear!
Old 05-07-2011, 02:27 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Pandareina
BTW, good job DancingBear!
Thanks, you are doing very well yourself. We have lost almost the same amount of weight in this challenge despite the fact that you gave me a 3 or 4 week headstart.
Keep up the good work.
Old 05-08-2011, 08:04 AM
FitDay Member

Smile

This was a tough week for me, I somehow strained my knee last weekend so could not do more than very little than normal, except spent lots of time icing my knee, then celebrated my parents anniversary with a dinner out (actually took part of my meal home for dinner the next night).
.. I am actually surprised I didn't gain - but I didn't lose either (weight anyways) I did somehow manage to lose a half inch around my waist but I will take a loss in any way. I have actually started to look in my smaller clothes pile, such a great feeling
Old 05-13-2011, 01:05 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Default 217.5 Challenge Pounds Lost So Far!

Just did a quick addition--we've collectively lost 217.5 pounds thus far and we've still got six plus weeks to go--great job!

For those doing good, keep it up--for those (like me) who have slowed up a bit, get it in gear! I'm still confident I can make the 10% but the 225 goal is slipping away (I knew it was optimistic, anyway, but I like to aim high).

Regards,
Michael

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.