Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Weight Loss Tips
Fourth of July Lose 10% of Your Body Weigth Challenge Discussion >

Fourth of July Lose 10% of Your Body Weigth Challenge Discussion

Notices

Fourth of July Lose 10% of Your Body Weigth Challenge Discussion

Old 03-31-2011, 10:00 PM
FitDay Member

I'm in! Mecompco, you are such a great motivator
My starting weight is 159 so it means 16lb for me. Well I will be happy if I make 10lb, bringing me in the 140's. My final goal is 125lb by the end of the year.

Good luck everyone!
Old 03-31-2011, 10:48 PM
FitDay Member

Just to point out, Mecompco... if you get to 230lb you'll have lost almost half your starting bodyweight in little over a year. That would be astounding, so go for it!!
Old 04-01-2011, 12:01 AM
FitDay Member

I'm gonna try to get over feeling bad for losing focus over the last month, and barely eeking into success on the last challenge and try to blow this one away! I should be aiming for 30 pounds down by the 4th of July, but I'm going to really try for 40. The weather should be improving and there will be lots of opportunities to get outside and burn extra calories.

Good luck everyone, and keep up the great work!
Matt
Old 04-01-2011, 12:05 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by Geoffers
Just to point out, Mecompco... if you get to 230lb you'll have lost almost half your starting bodyweight in little over a year. That would be astounding, so go for it!!
Oh, yes! Ha ha--kinda wish I'd documented my actual starting weight. I actually started on May 4th and it was six weeks later o n June 19th before my scale wasn't maxed out over it's 400 pound limit. So, the 440 is just a guess--could have been a bit more or a bit less (I suspect more).

I'll try to dig up some "before" pics to post on May 4th, though I was pretty camera shy so I don't know how recent they'll be.

Regards,
Michael
Old 04-01-2011, 12:23 AM
FitDay Member

I would like to participate in the challenge. I see how everyone did such a great job on the April Fool's challenge.

My starting weight is 458, so I guess 10% of that would be 46 pounds. I look forward to the challenge and hope to beat it.
Old 04-01-2011, 12:26 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by gbargsley
I would like to participate in the challenge. I see how everyone did such a great job on the April Fool's challenge.

My starting weight is 458, so I guess 10% of that would be 46 pounds. I look forward to the challenge and hope to beat it.
Garry, glad to have you in the Challenge! How's it going this week--hopefully another 10 pounder .

Regards,
Michael
Old 04-01-2011, 02:31 AM
FitDay Member

i did some math and i would need to lose alittle more than 20lbs for 10% of my weight.

my current goal is to be 190 end of june, but i guess i could try to push it to 185 by july 4th.

only thing is i severly lack motivatioin lately.

i only have 3 weeks left of school so after that my time will be open up more till june (i start my co-op then) so i hae to work at it at home.

does anyone know of a website or something that i'd be able to make a list of small workouts i can do at home?
Old 04-01-2011, 03:27 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by yunalee
does anyone know of a website or something that i'd be able to make a list of small workouts i can do at home?
You can try freetrainers.com, they let you specify what goals you want and what facilities you have available to you, then they design a workout schedule for you.
Old 04-01-2011, 03:28 AM
FitDay Member

Im getting more and more excited about this challenge! Im going to make my weigh in day Friday because on the weekends, even though I am extra active, my food choices may not be the best. I already cant wait for next Friday!! Haha.

Good luck to everyone with their challenge!!

Karen
Old 04-01-2011, 05:23 AM
FitDay Member

Talking

4th of July Weekend is my 20 year class reunion, so this challenge is perfect timing for me!

Start Date 1/17/11- 246
Today- 228.3 (17.7 lbs lost)

4th of July goal- 199.9

BTW, Since this is only my second post (ive been lurking forever), let me introduce myself. My name is Shannon. Im married with two sons (18/12). I live on the Texas Coast. My Career is radio marketing and voiceover's.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.