Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Weight Loss Tips
Fourth of July Lose 10% of Your Body Weigth Challenge Discussion >

Fourth of July Lose 10% of Your Body Weigth Challenge Discussion

Community
Notices

Fourth of July Lose 10% of Your Body Weigth Challenge Discussion

Old 06-20-2011, 03:50 AM
Super Moderator

Surprisingly hit goal this morning!! Ahead of even my more liberal estimates, but I'll take it It's two milestones at once - hitting 40 lbs. lost is over halfway to my total goal, AND it gets me to the 10% challenge finish! Maybe I can hit 12% by July 4th! I'll keep checking in

Great job everyone!!
Old 06-20-2011, 06:05 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by taubele
Surprisingly hit goal this morning!! Ahead of even my more liberal estimates, but I'll take it It's two milestones at once - hitting 40 lbs. lost is over halfway to my total goal, AND it gets me to the 10% challenge finish! Maybe I can hit 12% by July 4th! I'll keep checking in

Great job everyone!!
Wow, many folks hitting the 10% mark early--that's great! And halfway done, Teri, that is exciting for sure.

I saw another couple of pounds go since Friday so I'm at 229/11.2% (and into the 220's!) and headed for that 225 mark I've been looking forward too.

I've been afraid since I had to stop jogging and the last couple of weeks I've not been able to do my regular walk. I have, however, been quite active and that seems to have spurred my rate of loss. I've also been eating a little more variety as my daughter is staying with my sister in law while her broken leg heals up. They have stuff I wouldn't normally eat so I'm careful to measure everything. Perhaps the change of pace is what my body needed after so long.

Anyweigh, keep up the good work, everyone. In a couple of weeks we'll start another 10% Challenge, unless someone has a better suggestion.

Regards,
Michael
Old 06-20-2011, 06:36 AM
FitDay Member

Well, I still might not make the 10% but I am feeling good and that is what counts. Today was the first day in over a month that I got my full 1.5 mile walk in during lunch. About three of those weeks I didn't walk at all and last week a few times I got only about half of it done. So today I feel energized after walking my full walk. My hip and ankle are a bit achy but definitely not what they have been in the past month. Yesterday when my hubby went to work at 5am I was going to lay back down but my body was so ready for my work out that I did that instead....and then laid back down for an hour. I figured at least the workout was done. I could do the rest of the day my way. I have been doing so much yard work and pond maintenance that I can't believe my scale isn't moving. And I haven't really been eating bad. I don't get that sometimes. I just keep thinking that one day I'm gonna step on the scale and voila! another 5 lbs gone. I hope to get out into the woods four wheeler riding this weekend!!

Congrats to all of you who have hit your target early!!

Michael, will the next challenge be from July 4th till Labor Day 10%?
Old 06-20-2011, 11:35 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by wildbeanerz
Michael, will the next challenge be from July 4th till Labor Day 10%?
April, Labor Day would only be nine weeks. I was thinking possibly Columbus Day--that would give us about 13 weeks. Then we would have 12 weeks 'till New Years for another 10%. What do you think?

Regards,
Michael
Old 06-20-2011, 12:15 PM
FitDay Member

next challenge dates sound good to me I will probably do better in that one... better nicer weather....
Old 06-20-2011, 09:01 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by peppy35
next challenge dates sound good to me I will probably do better in that one... better nicer weather....
Good, that's what we'll do. I think four more-or-less 12 week challenges a year work out pretty well. My big push will be for 199 by Columbus Day, so slighly more than 10%--we'll have to see how that works out!

Regards,
Michael
Old 06-21-2011, 01:56 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by mecompco
April, Labor Day would only be nine weeks. I was thinking possibly Columbus Day--that would give us about 13 weeks. Then we would have 12 weeks 'till New Years for another 10%. What do you think?

Regards,
Michael

That sounds good to me! I was trying to think of the next holiday.

I made some progress this week! I dropped 3.4lbs!! Woohoo! That is 5.9% lost during this challenge or 8.9% lost since I started in February. Also I did my waist measurement today and since February I have lost 6inches from the waist. I haven't been measuring anywhere else and keep meaning too. Maybe I will at least take some now so when I remember to do them again I will have some comparison.
Old 06-25-2011, 03:30 AM
FitDay Member

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by wildbeanerz
I made some progress this week! I dropped 3.4lbs!! Woohoo! That is 5.9% lost during this challenge or 8.9% lost since I started in February. Also I did my waist measurement today and since February I have lost 6inches from the waist. I haven't been measuring anywhere else and keep meaning too. Maybe I will at least take some now so when I remember to do them again I will have some comparison.
Way to go Wild, wether you lose weight or inches you are going in the right direction. I know for me when I don't do my measurements I can feel and see the difference in my clothing, some just drape (ill fitting) or actually look better.

I finally dropped down to a weight I haven't seen in three years, but the plateau I was on was a relly long one, half a pound then nothing then bang 2 lbs this week alone and I lost 2.5" which in itself is a surprise. I had a week of eating out lunches and dinners and I figured the only direction the scale would move was up but I did moderate what I ate, took a wrap instead of a sandwhich took a salad with shrimp instead of a huge platter.

Congratulations Virus on your entering the 2's, you are doing very well keeping your motivation and goals in sight..
Old 06-25-2011, 03:36 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Default Nine Days Left!

Hard to believe we're almost down to the wire!

The scale was bouncing a little today but settled down to 228.5, still I'm calling it 229 for the record. Can I lose four more by the 4th and reach my 225 goal? Dunno!

I plan to go camping 4 wheeling with the Jeep club Friday/Saturday/Sunday so we'll see how that goes. Sometimes a change of pace like that causes a loss and sometimes a gain (for a few days).

Hope you all have a nice weekend!

Regards,
Michael
Old 06-26-2011, 01:29 AM
FitDay Member

Default Great job everyone!

Hello to everyone.....

Just rockin' by to say hi and offer continued encouragement and congratulations to all for your great effort to change your lives for the better. You have a friend in me. I'll be around------Albie@round

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.