Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Weight Loss Tips
Searching for a Specific Weight Scale -Don't know where to post this topic >

Searching for a Specific Weight Scale -Don't know where to post this topic

Community
Notices

Searching for a Specific Weight Scale -Don't know where to post this topic

Old 03-27-2011, 11:37 PM
FitDay Member

Default Searching for a Specific Weight Scale -Don't know where to post this topic

There are these strange weight scales at the mall here in Turkey, and I can't find any information about them. Here's their description:

You step onto the scale, and there is a tall post in front of you with a screen which allows you to input your information, and the post continues to stretch until it's directly over the center of your head. There are two hand holds on the post in front of you where you are suppose to place your middle fingers in a groove. When you enter you information it tells you to hold the grooves, and stand really still. Then you hear a small ratteling clicking sound like an electric socket going back, then it's done. It's extremely accurate with Body Fat Index even with clothes on, so I am wondering is this thing sending some kind of small electric current through me? I've heard about them, but I don't know.

It makes me think of the weight scales that are at childrens museums.

If anyone can give any information about these sort of scales and their accuracy(even with clothes) I would appreciate it. I'm having a hard time finding any information.

Thanks!

Note: I found the answer, but I'm leaving this post here for anyone who may be interested in this type of scale. I found out it's a Bio-Impedance scale. Most require a person to take their shoes off to send the current from feet to hands, but this particular type is for public use which takes the measurement from the top of the head to the hands. It gets an accurate measurement whether the clothes are on or not because the current is doing the measurement. Pretty cool. Guess I'll be weighing myself at the Mall for now on ^_^

Last edited by Crimpet; 03-28-2011 at 12:12 AM. Reason: Found my own answer! =D