Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Weight Loss Tips
HELP, I've reached my MINI weight goal today, BUT!!!!! >

HELP, I've reached my MINI weight goal today, BUT!!!!!

Notices

HELP, I've reached my MINI weight goal today, BUT!!!!!

Old 03-26-2011, 07:27 AM
FitDay Member

Default HELP, I've reached my MINI weight goal today, BUT!!!!!

I've reached my mini goal today, I've started on 9 March by 98.6kgm, and today I've reached 95.4, and I'm so happy for that.

What I'm concerned about is that I messed up with calories consumption as for today and the last two days I've already consumed more than the allowed calories (I've consumed a bit more than 2000 calories, while I shouldn't consume more than 1600 before my back pain and 1400 during my back pain which kept me off the gym for 5 days now), so I think that I would have lost more weight if I didn't mess up. Now, what should I do?... I feel A DEEP REGRET for what I did

Any help PLEASE, as I'm from that type of people who lose enthausiasm and start to ruin the diet totally, once they mess up the diet for two or three days....
Old 03-26-2011, 07:37 AM
FitDay Member

Congrats on meeting your mini-goal. With regards to high consumption of calories. The past is the past and you can only work on today and the next day. Don't fret. You will find your success is motivating. I encourage you to focus on your results and the new behaviours that got you those results. Weight loss is not a race. It is a new way of thinking and living. Chin-up. You are doing fabulous
Old 03-26-2011, 07:44 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Bubbs21
Congrats on meeting your mini-goal. With regards to high consumption of calories. The past is the past and you can only work on today and the next day. Don't fret. You will find your success is motivating. I encourage you to focus on your results and the new behaviours that got you those results. Weight loss is not a race. It is a new way of thinking and living. Chin-up. You are doing fabulous
Thanks Jacqueline, did this happened to you before?..did you mess up your diet?...by the way you are doing great on your weight loss journy...keep it up
Old 03-26-2011, 07:47 AM
FitDay Member

It happens to all of us...especially in the beginning...some things to avoid:

- guessing the serving size
- guessing the calorie count
- assume that food is low calorie just because the label says light or fat free
- misread labels (I did this alot, thought the calories was for a whole package - not a cup or 1/2 cup).

You're doing great.
Old 03-26-2011, 07:52 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Bubbs21
It happens to all of us...especially in the beginning...some things to avoid:

- guessing the serving size
- guessing the calorie count
- assume that food is low calorie just because the label says light or fat free
- misread labels (I did this alot, thought the calories was for a whole package - not a cup or 1/2 cup).

You're doing great.
Thanks, I think that I need more and more motivation...if I feel the support from everyone...I think I'll keep it up...I liked when you said Chin up

Hanan
Old 03-26-2011, 08:43 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Yup, put it behind you and move on. In the past, I've needed to be "perfect". The problem is, you can't be. Life happens, mistakes are made, we just need to deal with it and get right back on track. I read this book on eating disorders and "all or nothing thinking" is what they call it. You think "well, I ate 500 extra calories for breakfast so my diet is gone--screw it, I might as well pig out for the rest of the day" and that leads to the week, the month and so on.

This is one of the reasons I plan to have one day a month "off". That way I PLAN not to be "perfect" and I know it won't have much effect on my weight loss and that I'll be able to get right back to "normal" the next day.

So far, it's worked really well.

Regards,
Michael
Old 03-28-2011, 01:36 PM
Super Moderator

Default Congrats on your mini goal!

As for the other part, I agree with Jacqueline and Michael. The way of thinking Michael described was my downfall until I managed to get myself out of it (the quote that is in my siggy illustrates it). I still fall into that trap sometimes but the important thing is to forgive yourself and move on.

The only other piece of advice I'd give is that if you want to try to "make it up," you may be better off trying to decrease your calories by 100-200 a day over several days, rather than trying to compensate all at once by significantly decreasing calories on one day.

Keep reading, keep posting. You can do it
Old 03-29-2011, 01:43 AM
FitDay Member

This may not be the best thread to put this in but I just have to say Cassie I love your signature line. There has been several times when I thought about giving up because of one little set back, then I remember your signature line and think about all of the progress made and think why would I throw that away. I try to keep that in mind for everything not just the weight loss.
Old 03-29-2011, 06:45 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by cjohnson728
As for the other part, I agree with Jacqueline and Michael. The way of thinking Michael described was my downfall until I managed to get myself out of it (the quote that is in my siggy illustrates it). I still fall into that trap sometimes but the important thing is to forgive yourself and move on.

The only other piece of advice I'd give is that if you want to try to "make it up," you may be better off trying to decrease your calories by 100-200 a day over several days, rather than trying to compensate all at once by significantly decreasing calories on one day.

Keep reading, keep posting. You can do it
Cassie, I appreciate your reply..it gives me a big boost, and the line of your signature is a great advice in itself, the other valuable advice also when you said to reduce the calorie intake by 100-200 over several days not to conccnetrate the decrease in one day, and that's in fact what I'm doing.
Old 03-29-2011, 08:44 AM
Banned

just get back on it the next day...IT's a NEW DAY

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.