Notices

Hi im new to this

Old 02-09-2010, 05:37 PM
FitDay Member

Default Hi im new to this

Hi, I'm new to this. Today..or as of right now, my roommates and I really want to lose weight. I dont know where to start. We set ourselves up to this hoping that this will keep us motivated. I set up a work out regimen with one of my roommates to go to the gym at a specific time and certain days. We are college students living on our own hoping to lose weight!!! However, we just dont know where to start in preparing our foods or having the right healthy meal plan. So I hope to get some suggestions in what our meal plans could be. I never counted calories before. We need to stay within 1100-1300 calories to lose the weight. So please any suggestions to keep motivated would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!
Old 02-09-2010, 10:45 PM
FitDay Member

Hi Devin,

First things first. How did you come up with the 1100-1300 calorie cap?
Old 02-10-2010, 05:48 AM
FitDay Member

oh my calorie intake should be 1295 and my roommates is a little lower than mine.
Old 02-10-2010, 07:13 AM
FitDay Member

you might want to up the calories to 1600. I had 1200 a day and lost 9lbs the 1st week but with all the exercing I was doing I stayed at the same weight for the next week. If you burn too many calories over what you eat for the day your body thinks your starving yourself and will go into storage mode and slows your matab. down.

good luck
Old 02-10-2010, 08:54 AM
FitDay Member

Here is a link to a really easy to follow 1400 calorie meal plan. If you need less then just adjust it accordingly...remove a snack item.

1400 calorie meal plan

Congrats on your descion to take control of your health!