Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Weight Loss Tips
30 Day No Fast Food Challenge >

30 Day No Fast Food Challenge

Community
Notices

30 Day No Fast Food Challenge

Old 05-02-2011, 05:47 AM
FitDay Premium Member

This was a pretty easy challenge for me, as I don't frequent FF joints anymore, anyway. But, for the record, I've not eaten any FF, with the exception of a black coffee from Micky D's since the Challenge started. Long gone are the days I'd have MD and BK bags and wrappers literally filling the back seat!

Regards,
Michael

Last edited by mecompco; 05-02-2011 at 06:17 AM.
Old 05-02-2011, 05:50 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by mecompco
This was a pretty easy challenge for me, as I don't frequent FF joints anymore, anyway. But, for the record, I've not eating any FF, with the exception of a black coffee from Micky D's since the Challenge started. Long gone are the days I'd have MD and BK bags and wrappers literally filling the back seat!

Regards,
Michael
Same here, used to empty the bags out on the weekend lol.
Old 05-09-2011, 04:03 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by optiquest
Thanks kind of like saying you drove home drunk and didnt die so why should you stop... It could be benefiting you in ways other then the scale, such as cholesterol, blood pressure, etc.

having said that this is a challenge I dont think I could do! A lot to do with my job, and my schedule. Instead of a double big mac combo with those 2 apple pies for 1.39 though I go to Subway or Pita Pit. I did get sucked into McDonalds by my Dad and kids but I just had 2 of the 1.89 wraps, for about 500 cals of crap lol. I dont get to worried about things, if I eat out I look at the menu and try and make the best of it. That's what this is all about, a lot of little decisions.
I don't know if you know what drunk driving entails, so let me explain it, as someone who has been directly effected by such an act, is when a person decides to get behind the wheel and endanger everyone around them. So thanks for comparing my eating habits to something that could lead to multiple deaths. Maybe next time you should try to use analogies that actual work, and or make sense. I must say, I applaud you for your insensitivity.
Old 05-09-2011, 05:53 AM
Super Moderator

If you're looking for motivation to avoid fast food, watch Supersize Me, and / or read the book that Morgan Spurlock wrote, Don't Eat This Book. It's not disgusting in the way that you'll never want to eat meat again, but it does share things about the industry you never knew before. It's not really preachy, just very informative.
Old 05-09-2011, 08:31 AM
FitDay Member

I used to eat so much fast food that it is no surprise I am over 25% body fat. I only started a month ago but I never choose to eat fast food anymore and it is mainly because of the amount of sodium in it. I used to eat a half pound bean burrito thinking it was healthy but it has over 1000mg of sodium in it. How in the world was I supposed to get the rest of my calories without going over? So I stopped. People are right when they say the craving for FF diminishes with time. It's only been a month and I am doing fine without it.

I suggest to those of you that say you have no time to avoid FF because of your schedule or whatever. Carry a can opener and get some canned foods or mix some whey powder and water. Heck go into the grocery store instead of FF and get some cottage cheese and yogurt. There are so many healthy ways to eat cheap and fast other than FF. Good luck!
Old 05-10-2011, 08:36 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by mecompco
This was a pretty easy challenge for me, as I don't frequent FF joints anymore, anyway. But, for the record, I've not eaten any FF, with the exception of a black coffee from Micky D's since the Challenge started. Long gone are the days I'd have MD and BK bags and wrappers literally filling the back seat!

Regards,
Michael
Ditto, except last Friday night after dancing all night my girlfriend really wanted a McD Cheese burger and small fries. I had a Chicken Sandwich - but the challenge was past, and it was 2 am and all McD food goes calorie free after midnight, right?
Old 11-11-2011, 04:25 AM
FitDay Member

hey i thought i'd dig up this old thread again and maybe make a new one for a 2nd round of the 30-day no fast food challege!

but i'd like to say it's been 21 days and no fast food, no resturants i think this is the longest i've gone without going out fo a meal in a long long time!
Old 11-11-2011, 05:04 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by yunalee
but i'd like to say it's been 21 days and no fast food, no resturants i think this is the longest i've gone without going out fo a meal in a long long time!
I found that once i eliminated fast food and other junk that the pounds started dropping consistently. These days i eat out maybe once in a month and the food is only healthy stuff. Fast food alone will stop all weight loss and kill a very good week of eating.
Old 11-11-2011, 08:08 AM
FitDay Premium Member

I'm in, I still have not had a FF meal. I have had a sandwich at Timmy's, but I don't think that counts, and a restaurant meal here and there. No MickyD's, BK, or the like

Regards,
Michael
Old 11-11-2011, 01:59 PM
FitDay Member

well the program i'm in gave me a guide to dinning out, with local resturants and listing the types if food i can have accordingly. which it all good

but i just haven't gone out for food.

i bought a nice lunch box to bring food with me to school

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.