Notices

30 Day No Fast Food Challenge

Old 03-20-2011, 01:39 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by yunalee
yeah i failed the challenge and had fast food yesterday, had a burger from this local resturant. at least the burger was freshly made and not pre packaged like most fast food joints.

i'll have to start over
Well, it's your challenge--if you feel you've failed, then so be it. I think, though, that there is a pretty big difference between a well-prepared, fresh burger than a Double Whopper w/Cheese (or two, like I used to eat), fries, shake, pie and extra large Coke.

As long as you log it into your food journal, I think the occasional restaurant meal is fine. I do try to pre-plan such outings and work them into my daily calorie limits.

In past weight loss journies I took a zero tolerance stance on all of this and it worked well until, well, it didn't. This time I acknowlege that "life happens" and that it's not neccessary to be "perfect" in one's eating.

Just MHO, FWIW, YMMV, LOL!

Regards,
Michael
Old 03-20-2011, 05:01 AM
FitDay Member

yeah it's hard to cut it out cold turkey. but i'm going to try again and next time if i'm going to eat out be more well prepared for it.

and if i have fast food only once a week.

but i'm stil going to try again.

if failing and not trying again thats is what a real failure would be.
Old 03-20-2011, 06:07 AM
FitDay Member

Yunalee, my friend, I don't think you're "starting all over," as you say. I think that mishaps, missteps, and mistakes are all part of the process, and because you are so committed, you will learn from each and every one of them - that is definitely not starting over! Give yourself credit for the progress you've made - one doesn't have to be "perfect" in order to reach her goals. I'm also with Michael - a freshly prepared burger does not a Whopper or Big Mac make.

I used to eat a lot of fast food and I'll have it every once in awhile now. But, believe it or not, there are ways to satisfy that craving without it being or feeling like a total disaster. A regular Chick-Fil-A chicken sandwich is something like 500 calories (it may even be less); same thing with a cheeseburger from Steak'n'Shake, or a jr. cheeseburger from Wendy's, etc. etc. Point being that you can still have fast food - but, as in everything, all things in moderation. A side salad (if you can do without the fries - they've never been my fave), a water/diet soda/ unsweetened ice tea, and a regular-sized sandwich may be all you need to satisfy that fast food craving guilt-free.

My apologies if this point has previously been made; I didn't read through all the posts.

You've made a lot of progress and all those small changes that I know you've made will continue to add up. Keep it up!
Old 03-20-2011, 11:53 PM
FitDay Member

thanx change.

for me replaceing the fries is hard, snice i love fries. might be a dutch thing lol

swiss chalet is a good place, if i replace fries with even mashed potateos i'd really cut down on the cals. and have white meat chicken instead of dark meat.

next time i crave i'll go there. it's mostly my fiance was the reason i caved darn that boy lol
Old 03-24-2011, 08:05 PM
FitDay Member

I went my first seven days without eating out, hardest thing ever, but I took out the belt from closet, that I haven't worn in 6 months, so that is a positive change that I see.
Old 03-25-2011, 02:31 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by yunalee
swiss chalet is a good place
One of the nice things about Swiss Chalet, as well as most of the other Restaurant Chains is that they make all of their nutrition information available online. I have only gone out to a restaurant once since I started this journey, but before I went I studied the nutrition information online and decided what I was going to order ahead of time, that way I knew exactly what I was getting into.
Old 03-25-2011, 02:41 AM
FitDay Member

yeah going out isn't bad if you plan ahead, and take into account how many cals your meal out would be before you go, if it's a tonne of cals it may even change your mind!

i was thinking of maybe going out to it tonight.

Ace good job nice to hear that not eating out is helping you out
Old 03-25-2011, 07:24 AM
FitDay Member

so i had fast food again. this time i knew what i was putting into my mouth and didn't go over board, only had 625 cals. New york fries, reg combo with 0 cal soda and a smal gravey.

and sitll under 1000 cals so far for the day.

it's easy for me to limit it to only once a week, but to get passed that 1 week mark is hard for me
Old 03-27-2011, 03:09 AM
FitDay Member

I really need to do this too! My "problem" is that I drive around all day and it's just so easy to pick something up from McDonald's. I don't have anywhere I can heat up a dinner, so I end up grabbing fast food.
Old 03-29-2011, 07:49 PM
FitDay Member

How is everyone holding up with the no fast food?

Yesterday I had a really bad day. I weighed in at 62 kilos (136 pounds) and realized that I had gained 7 pounds and it totally just broke me down. Instead of heading to the gym like I usually do and giving it my all I said, "no." Then I went on a drinking (which I'm disappointed with myself about. I can't even give up drinking for more then two days. I think I have a problem.) and eating horribly rampage. I ate cheap Thai plus drank cheap alcohol, feel awful.

I was so close to the half way point! I went 12 days without eating out. *sigh* I'm not going to do that to myself again. I'm striving for a healthier diet and I want that without hating myself. So here I am starting over, although I might start that tomorrow and grab vietnamese for lunch, it depends on how strong I am.

I hope everyone is doing better than I am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.