FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Weight Loss Tips (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/weight-loss-tips/)
-   -   30 Day No Fast Food Challenge (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/weight-loss-tips/3679-30-day-no-fast-food-challenge.html)

yunalee 03-14-2011 12:16 AM

it's so far day 3 with no fast food. but most of the time i can go a week without it, so it's more when i hit the one week mark is when the challenge really starts

shibaluvr 03-14-2011 01:22 AM

I need to do this

I have a twelve year old son that loves fast food and needs to have his intake reduced. I have our trips reduced to once a week, but I'm not happy with that either.

The quality of beef at these places is bad. Fat content through the roof. White flour everywhere, salt and sugar beyond manageable amounts.

I guess I'm typing this because if I say it, I'll stay away. I found that what really helps keep my son away from it is to have, believe it or not, sloppy joe at home on hand for him to get his hot, meat sandwich fix. The sloppy joe is made out of lean ground turkey, has carrots, celery and onions in it and I make the sauce without sugar. I cook with Stevia and add it to the tomato sauce. Whole grain buns are snuck in on him.

Eating a spoonful of this beats getting a burger with cheese and mayo.

Every change towards low-fat healthy foods adds up. Each day is hard, but I find that I do enjoy the healthy food over the processed.

Congratulations everyone who is trying to make the change for health.

KarenHenson 03-16-2011 01:20 AM

im new to this site and just started my weight loss goal today. My biggest problem is going out to eat. sometimes twice a day its really bad... im 21 years old and weigh 135lbs and im 5"1. the fast food hasnt caught up with me to much, but im sure its sitting around the corner... I want to lose 30lbs by july 4th of this year. i think i can do it....

I will join you... starting march 16th, 2011. Its going to be a tough road. :)

Kumochi 03-16-2011 09:10 AM

Planning helped keep me out of the drive through today. Having my bag lunch with me even though I was stuck away from the office let me have a good healthy lunch in the short time I had. Otherwise I'd have been driving through Wendys or Tim Hortons.

yunalee 03-16-2011 09:54 AM

i hear you i was in sowntown Toronto today. lots of food choices there. and it was temping. i was hungry snice i didn't have time for lunch. and i have some cash in my pocket (having cash make me more likely to spend it on food). but i didn't cave in now i'm finishing the left over soup from yesterday. i feel proud.

and also swimming later tonight yay

Kumochi 03-16-2011 10:24 AM

Well done Yunalee. Nice to see a fellow Ontario member. Mary

yunalee 03-16-2011 01:46 PM

thanx Mary.

i'm back from swimming and i got quite a work out from it i think i'm going to try and go once a week from now on. snice my school offers free swimming at a near by pool

mecompco 03-16-2011 08:49 PM

Looks like we're all doing pretty well avoiding FAsT food so far! I find that once I've been away from it for a good while I just lose the strong desire (not that it ever goes away entirely).

Regards,
Michael

RunbikeSki 03-16-2011 11:05 PM

Don't know what got into me today, but I nearly succumbed to a burger fix. For some reason I have been super hungery this week, I mean gut-gnawing hungery. I was innocently strolling by a fast food joint and they were spewing out those lovely cooking smells they purposely do and I nearly fell for it.

Fortunately I remembered yunalee's challenge and I was able to pull myself together.

Whew!!! Thanks all!

Pam

yunalee 03-17-2011 12:31 AM

well Mike thats why we had cheat days right? it not be going out but it's still about having a guilty pleasure of sorts.

good job Pam, i was also temped yesterday, but was thinking to myself just get to my car then i'll be fine. and i was