Notices

Speed up weight loss

Old 09-12-2011, 11:44 PM
FitDay Member

Fasting is not just about dropping pounds. It's about ridding your body of toxins that have built up over the years which cannot be eliminated by any other means. It's about giving your body a time to heal itself and rejuvenate. If done correctly, the health benefits of fasting are enormous.
Old 09-13-2011, 02:55 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by fital
sometimes being consistent is ok...you know what they say about slow and steady wins the race...all the extreme diets come with a price. Maybe a fitness challenge instead to keep it fresh?
Awesome advice!!
Old 09-13-2011, 02:57 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by VitoVino
Fasting is not just about dropping pounds. It's about ridding your body of toxins that have built up over the years which cannot be eliminated by any other means. It's about giving your body a time to heal itself and rejuvenate. If done correctly, the health benefits of fasting are enormous.
I agree, and it really is an amazing experience. It's just that I don't see it as a viable long-term weight loss answer. I think the 30 day fasts I've done were great and the only reason I stopped was rather bad muscle spasms. I will say that starving to death would not be particularly pleasant--not from the hunger as that passes but from the side effects.

Regards,
Michael
Old 09-13-2011, 07:20 PM
FitDay Member

I do not wish to belie fasting for its spiritual attributes, as such is of great importance to many people.

I take issue with the implication that fasts are a helpful weight loss aid. Fasts may be trendy right now but are the opposite of healthy. You may lose weight (temporary water weight/weight loss that only registers on the scale while fasting), but not actual fat which is what ya want. Here is lots of info about fasts:

Is Fasting Healthy?

Detoxification (alternative medicine) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Science-Based Medicine “Toxins”: the new evil humours

i encourage fitday users to research some of the statements made in this thread. I do think the information in the above provided links is sound. Believe as your perception of this world allows.

I think having links like this are okay since i'm not spamming or trying to get hits on a personal blog. if they aren't cool please let me know and i'll take them down.
Old 09-14-2011, 12:27 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by mecompco
I will say that starving to death would not be particularly pleasant--not from the hunger as that passes but from the side effects.

I just want to clarify something, Michael. As I understand it, and I've practiced short term fasting for years, is that once the hunger returns, that is the body signaling that the fast should be ended, because at that point it is the onset of starvation. While fasting, there is no hunger since the digestive system shuts down. The point being is that during starvation there is hunger and the body is feeding upon vital organs.

And yes, I agree that fasting is not a long term viable solution to weight loss. I've never done a long one like yourself, but I have done a few upwards of a week.
Old 09-26-2011, 05:31 PM
FitDay Member

Everybody wish to have a good and a toned body but it cant be possible for everyone but can be possible only when you are having your daily routine in a right way. having exercise and yoga on a daily basis as well as not skipping your any meal and taking food in a right diet. this will surely help you to make your body in a tone.
Old 09-27-2011, 01:45 AM
FitDay Member

If you are that worried about your weight and dedicated to losing a lot of it, then you should probably run and workout everyday. Pills are not unnecessary, they actually help a lot if you have the right one. I would say have an intense workout for at least 45 min. a day.
Old 10-07-2011, 04:45 AM
FitDay Member

had a nutritionist suggest calorie spiking (good calories of course). 2000 one day
1500 the next.have had good luck breaking through the plateaus with her strategy
Old 12-04-2011, 10:51 PM
FitDay Member

Default Weight loss

The fastest and easiest way to lose excess weight is to avoid salt and salty food. When you reduce salt intake you lose some of the fluid retention, so this is easy method to reduce weight and also reduces high blood pressure and risk of stroke and heart disease. Have a full glass of water immediately when you wake-up in the morning and stop putting toxins in your body. Thanks a lot.
Old 12-15-2011, 10:23 AM
FitDay Member

As far as the monotony goes, if you've been going at it a while it may be helpful to take a break from dieting. Up to a week off eating normally, but
not excessively. During the holidays may be a good time for this, you'll enjoy yourself, maybe put on a pound of flesh and then get back on the wagon with renewed vigor. Sometimes it's best to take 1 step back and go 5 forward.

I am just back for a quick 2-day gig, eating at about half of my normal requirements. I'm thinking that dieting 2 days a week for the next 6 weeks should get off a few pounds of fat, since last dieting 6 months ago.
It's hard for me to diet continuously precisely because of the monotony.
I've considered doing the 24 hour fast, which would net out about the same:
1000 cals for breakfast & lunch day 1, and 1000 cals for dinner day 2 in my case.
However, it seems mentally harder. I could be wrong, and may try that as well.

Personally I'm not terribly active physically when dieting. Just about 30 minutes of weights on one of the days. I'm very active on other days and don't want to increase my energy requirements and hunger more than necessary.

I've also got a load of Glucomannan fiber which I find dulls my appetite.
There's research studies on it that seem to support it's use in weight loss:
Glucomannan causes an average weight loss of 1.8 lbs according to a review of 14 studies - fatnews.com.

Last edited by FutureizNow; 12-15-2011 at 10:52 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.