||LinkBack||Thread Tools||Search this Thread||Display Modes|
|03-10-2011, 01:02 AM||#1 (permalink)|
Join Date: Mar 2010
What helps you?
I thought it might be interesting to generate a list of things that help keep the healthy/fit lifestyle going, especially when it would be a ton easier to toss it out the window. So here goes nothing:
1. Laughing cow cheese wedges, which help kill cravings for things I shouldn't eat.
2. Morning workout, gets me up and running full tilt and ready to take on the world.
3. Logging on fitday, even (maybe especially) when I've overdone it.
4. Those skinny jeans up in the closet that are still too snug, and the size 3XL t-shirt that I kept (it used to be my fave).
5. Water and plenty of it.
6. Taking measurements at least once a month.
7. Swiss Miss sensible sweets 25 calorie hot chocolate, for when I want to dive head first into a chocolate bar.
8. Raw almonds
9. Taco salad, for those days when I really can't face a plate full of lettuce.
10. Chocolate pudding cups, 60 calories of heaven.
Starting weight: 244.6 lbs. 10/01/09
Pounds lost: 80.6 lbs
Current weight: 164 lbs
Goal weight: 120 lbs
Weight to go: 44 lbs
Goal Date: 1/1/13
|03-10-2011, 01:25 AM||#2 (permalink)|
Join Date: Feb 2010
Great thread, Amy!
Here's my Top 10 list of things that keep me on track. Some of these are very similar to yours of course.
1. Cottage cheese with vanilla and cinnamon when I'm craving something sweet.
2. The less sugar I consume, the less I crave it so I always strive to eliminate it all together.
3. Getting back on track quickly once I fall off the rails and accepting that I am not perfect.
4. Sharing my successes and slip-ups with the amazing people here on Fitday.
5. Logging logging logging.
6. MUSIC! Constantly looking for those heart pumping tracks that get me running or working out.
7. Exercising half an hour after breakfast starts my day off right and helps me stay on track better throughout the day.
8. Taking pictures of myself in the same swim suit every few weeks and then gushing over the differences!
starting weight 198
current weight: 174
total weight loss: 24 pounds
goal weight: 145
|03-10-2011, 05:28 AM||#3 (permalink)|
Join Date: Jan 2010
My "top ten":
1. Having a supportive family.
2. The internet...all the answers to everything about exercise and nutrition ready and available.
3. FitDay logs.
4. FitDay forums.
5. Heart rate monitor for accurate calorie burn info.
6. Herbal tea.
7. A recreational hobby that's good exercise (tennis).
8. Agree, Rose, on the music.
9. Treating myself to new clothes occasionally, and enjoying the fitting room, finally.
10. Low fat frozen yogurt!
And now that you don't have to be perfect, you can be good.
|03-10-2011, 06:59 PM||#4 (permalink)|
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Ontario, Canada
Great Thread Idea
My main aides are:
-Early morning yoga and stretching
-Infrared sauna daily
-Journal everything eaten and exercise activities
- an exercise buddy who pushes me when I need it
-Updating hairdo and makeup
-Trying on favourite too small item and watching it get closer to fitting
-Noticing my muscles and body response to exercise.
-Spinach salad with all sorts of good additions, mandarin oranges , bacon bits, feta cheese, pecans, dried cranberries, chicken breast and low cal poppy seed dressing
- carmel rice cakes -- a sweet 40 calorie fix
I like the bathing suit photo idea and am going to try it. Pudding cups are also a diet saver for me. Mary
Restarting Jan 11th, 2014
Starting weight: 201.6
Current weight: June 9, 2014 181.4
June 30th goal = 170
Ultimate goal Undecided ? 150 to be assessed once maintained for a while
Height 5' 3"
|03-10-2011, 07:38 PM||#5 (permalink)|
Join Date: Mar 2011
The best motivators I have right now are:
April - 35yr 5'10" mom of two teen boys
331.2 lbs 02.21.11 (start) size 28W-30W jeans
229.2 lbs 08.06.12 (best so far) size 16W
263.4 lbs 03.03.14 (current)
Progress 67.8 lbs - 20% of my original weight
New Collage April 2012
You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a newdream. ... CS Lewis
|03-10-2011, 08:37 PM||#6 (permalink)|
Join Date: Jan 2011
What a fantastic idea!
I haven't been at this for too long, but here's what helps me
1) Supportive family and friends
2) Logging, logging, logging -- watching numbers add up to go down!
3) Everyone on the FitDay forums for understanding and advice
4) That relief/rush feeling after a workout where I've just pushed it hard, and knowing truly that I can do it -- so much is mental "I can't" instead of physical "I really can't"
5) Pumped-up music
6) Quaker Rice Cake "Quakes" and SmartPop popcorn - munchie saviors
7) Closet shopping
8) Greek Yogurt with any kind of fresh fruit
9) Measurements -- because either that or the scale number is probably changing, even if the other is not
Female, 31 years old, 5'4 1/2" tall
Starting weight 1/4/11 = 215.2 lbs.
Weight 10/22/14 = 175.0 (net: -40.2)
Last mini-goal: 175 lbs. REACHED 10/22/14 --REWARD: New wallet
Current min-goal: 170 lbs.
Next large goal: 165 lbs. by 12/25/2014
Lowest weight: 156.7 lbs.
150.2 lbs. <--- Official "Healthy BMI" weight
Estimated final goal: 130-140 lbs.
"You don't have to change your life today. You only need to change your day today."
|03-10-2011, 08:47 PM||#7 (permalink)|
Join Date: Mar 2011
1. My girlfriends love and support.
2. Hypnosis Monthly.
3. EFT tapping. (google it)
4. My personal trainer.
5. Water aerobics at the gym 3 times a week.
6. Swimming laps.
Start - 370 - 1/22/11
339 - 2/25/11
323 - 3/26/11
311 - 4/29/11
308 - 5/21/11
297 - 6/26/11
When Nothing Else Has Worked...Consider Hypnosis
1st Goal - Under 300 - HIT 6/26/11!
4th of July Goal - 290
2nd Goal - 250
|03-10-2011, 09:05 PM||#8 (permalink)|
Join Date: Jan 2010
1.The euphoria of running.
2. Muscle definition and striations-I never knew my body could look like the way it is now.
3. The feeling of "feeling good' all the time-the natural high from being healthy. Lord knows I spent way too much time trying to find that feeling in drugs, drinkin',eating bad and taking unnecessary risks.
4. Smiles & waves from random women when I'm out on run.
5. Looking & feeling good is contagious, I've been told that I've inspired quite a few people.
6. Last and definitely not least, when my S.O. tells me how hot I am,and we've been together for 20 years now.... and she's seen me at my worst-fat & drunk and no giving a rat's arse about my health.
|03-10-2011, 09:25 PM||#9 (permalink)|
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Slidell, Louisiana
1) being able to motivate and inspire others
2) being motivated and inspired by others
3) challenging myself to do more, to eat better, to lift more, etc. Not to be better than anyone... other than myself.
4) knowing that I'm going to the gym, even if my workout partner backs out, b/c I'm responsible for ME!
5) (as sw07 said) the smiles and waves. Just being noticed every now and then.
7) knowing that my next cheat meal is never too far away.
8) I don't hate the mirror or camera any more
9) knowing that I can do things that I couldn't do a couple years ago
10) knowing that my cholesterol went down nearly 100 points
11) knowing that I'm in over all better health
12) saving money b/c my life insurance is now cheaper
|03-11-2011, 04:42 PM||#10 (permalink)|
Join Date: Feb 2011
1.Before pics ( will take them every couple weeks n same outfit )
2.keeping cut up veggies in ziplocks, helps for cravings
3.weighing myself every few days, make sure i stay on track, and helps let me know which foods i need to stay away of.
4. Drink plenty of water!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
5. co-wrkers who are eating healthier as well, support system at work!
Current wt * 11/27/15 -153.4
|weight loss tips|
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|