Notices

Not Losing Weight Fast Enough

Old 03-05-2011, 08:30 PM
FitDay Member

Hi Gary,
I agree with the guys above. Your calories may be low but they're too loaded with carbs. The carbs that your body can't use get stored as fat. If you can manage to get some of the things from Almeeker's list into your meals you should start seeing improved results.
Old 03-06-2011, 03:44 AM
FitDay Member

Absolutely agree with the above. Don't quit your muscle building exercise. Muscle weighs more than fat, and you might gain weight, but you're still LOSING fat. So build up the muscle and use it. The more you use it, the more you're going to burn. It's not ALL about weight, although it may seem that way. It's hard not to splurge, but my experience, having lost about 30 lb., is that splurging leads to backsliding, which in turn leads to discouragement and quitting. You didn't gain all that weight overnight, and you will not lose it overnight, but progress is infinitely better than regress, right? As far as beef goes, if you stick with lean cuts like round steak and tenderloin and trim any fat, you're okay with eating it. It's not entirely bad for you. Just don't consider cheeseburgers "okay". Watch the portions, too. Protein will help you continue to feel full through the day. I've been making salads for lunch every day and tossing in turkey, chicken, or tuna to up the protein factor. Sometimes when suppertime comes, I'm not all that hungry. If you've been used to eating 4000 calories a day, cutting back to 2000 probably feels like a big drop in volume. So while you're cutting back on calories, add some veggies that are low in calories but big on volume. I probably ate between 3000 and 4000 calories myself before I started paying attention. Currently, I eat 1500-1600 calories a day and walk a couple of miles every morning. I also take care of a couple of donkeys, so I tote hay bales and water during the day. Try to find other ways to reward yourself for sticking to your eating plan. Treat yourself to something other than food, and give yourself a pat on the back for your persistence. One of the downers of watching programs like Biggest Loser is that we start to think that a couple of pounds a week aren't enough. After all, all those "big losers" who are killing themselves in the gym and dropping huge amounts are getting yelled at for losing "only" two pounds. It's not ONLY two pounds, it's TWO POUNDS!!! Grab a couple of cans of food that weigh a pound each and give 'em a heft when you get discouraged. Two pounds are a LOT of weight that you're not lugging around anymore. Learn to give yourself pep talks when you're doing the right thing. I have a sign in front of my treadmill that reads, "Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the ground in the morning, the devil yells, 'OH, CRAP! She's UP!'" Try not weighing yourself every week if the scales seem to be giving you negative feedback. Shoot for every two weeks or even every month. You're just getting started. Wait for it...before long somebody's going to ask, "Geez, are you losing weight?" When they do, you'll KNOW you're on the right track. Above all, be good to yourself. This is something that takes courage and internal strength, and you're DOING it. Keep on keepin' on, and don't let yourself put yourself down or belittle the progress you're making.
Old 03-06-2011, 04:00 AM
FitDay Member

I know I'm wordy, but I just had another thought that might help. Try adding a protein to breakfast: an egg, yogurt, or something. It will stay with you longer. And switch one of your fruit snacks to a handful of almonds (20, not 50). Maybe instead of a sandwich, go for half the bread and more meat? Or, if you're near a SubWay, grab a six inch sub and pile on the veggies. You can get a lot of food into 280 calories doing this and also get your vegetables. Stick with the low-cal/low-fat dressings. Vary your entrée at suppertime so you don't get bored. If you're dying for something sweet, calorie-free Jello and lowfat yogurt (maybe with some crunchy cereal on top?) can help you get past that craving. Variety in textures and tastes helps a lot.
Old 03-06-2011, 08:13 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Ratsmouth
I have a sign in front of my treadmill that reads, "Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the ground in the morning, the devil yells, 'OH, CRAP! She's UP!'"
Not to hy-jack, but that is hilarious!!! I might have to add that to the display on the elliptical.
Old 03-06-2011, 09:27 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks everyone for the encouraging words. I am excited about my progress, just felt like I had accomplisded more this week with my eating and workout.

I am going to try and up my protein and lower my carbs starting this week. Is there an amount of protein I should try to get to daily? If I read the report correct, over the past 4 -weeks my averages protein is 49 grams a day.

I look forward to the next week starting weights again.

Thanks all.
Old 03-06-2011, 10:30 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by gbargsley
Thanks everyone for the encouraging words. I am excited about my progress, just felt like I had accomplisded more this week with my eating and workout.

I am going to try and up my protein and lower my carbs starting this week. Is there an amount of protein I should try to get to daily? If I read the report correct, over the past 4 -weeks my averages protein is 49 grams a day.

Thanks all.
Garry, on my 1500 calorie limit (actual average, including now monthly "day off" is 1580) I eat, on average, 100 grams of protein, so about double what you are doing right now.

Regards,
Michael
Old 03-06-2011, 11:27 AM
FitDay Member

Default Something to consider

Detoxing to remove excessive yeast in the body might help you along. It's easy and inexpensive. Add deodorized garlic capsules and acidophilus to your daily routine. Omega 3 supplement and Acai berry is a huge benefit as well. I was 460, now at 280 and continuing on.

Walk walk walk. Every day, thirty minutes or more at 2.5 miles per hour or faster if you can.

No white flour, refined sugar.

Eat every two to three hours so blood sugar doesn't spike. Watch high fats, and carbs.
Old 03-06-2011, 02:24 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by gbargsley

Thanks all.
Water, don't forget your water, 64oz baseline and another 8oz for every 10lbs you want to lose.
Old 03-06-2011, 09:32 PM
Banned

oh my, water makes a big difference!!
Old 03-06-2011, 10:08 PM
FitDay Member

Keep up the good work. 20lbs is alot of weight off. Weight loss can be frustrating and can seem to make no sense sometimes. Just make the next right choice food wise, then the next. You can do it. You will reach that goal!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.