FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Weight Loss Tips (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/weight-loss-tips/)
-   -   What are YOU looking forward to? (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/weight-loss-tips/351-what-you-looking-forward.html)

Scndtonun 02-05-2010 05:35 AM

What are YOU looking forward to?

Let's keep in mind what this effort is all for...

My top three:

I'm looking forward to not having a fat face in every picture.

I'm looking forward to not having to yank down my shirt every second because someone may see my "muffin top".

I'm looking forward to goal weight so I can finally eat my maintenance calories.

LauraJo9 02-05-2010 06:13 AM

Two years ago I lost 30 pounds and LOVED the way I looked and felt. I the past 6-7 months I've slowly regained about 15 of those. I'm looking forward to:
Fitting into my skinny clothes again
The look on my husband's face when I'm in my skinny clothes (and out :-))

cjohnson728 02-05-2010 06:14 AM

Great motivating thread!

I am looking forward to:

Having every pair of jeans in my closet fit me.

Improving my fitness so that when tennis starts again in the spring, I can really "bring it"!

Being at peace with how I look, how much I eat, and how much I exercise, instead of always thinking I should do/be better.

Who else has a top three?

kathietaylor 02-05-2010 07:54 PM

Hmmm, my top 3 would be:

Getting my blood sugar under control and lowering cholestrol to normal levels!!!

Not having a double chin or a giant belly, which you just can't hide!! LOL!!

Fitting into my clothes again!! Some of which I can wear again now!! YAY!!

farr1022 02-05-2010 10:13 PM

Getting off of my blood pressure meds.

jancamp09 02-06-2010 12:10 AM

I can definitely relate to the fat face - even when not overweight my face looks fat in every pic.

Top 3 (not including face)

Not feeling down about my weight
Being able to get back into shape to run with daughter and her friend in 5/10 k races
Knowing I look and feel great!

KimmyRocks 02-06-2010 12:33 AM

I want my clothes and my confidence back

I have a whole laundry list of things I'm looking forward to! But here are three:

First - feeling confident when I'm with people who knew me when I was at my goal weight. That shame I've been suffering this past year is crippling. I'm looking forward to being free of it.

Second - fitting into my favorite Calvin Klein jeans - which were my 'fat' jeans when I was last fit and fabulous. I will wear those again by summer. I also have two pairs of utility/fatigue shorts that I used to hike in. I want to get my butt into those!

Third - wearing tank tops and fitted tee shirts without wanting to cover up. (They go with the above shorts and jeans nicely!) I have a whole wardrobe that I can't wear right now!

jacoote 02-06-2010 01:02 AM

O.k. Here are mine:

1) Being able to throw clothes on from my closet and know I look good rather than try to conceal my "rolls"

2) Feeling confident

3) Feeling energetic

cherstar90 02-24-2010 06:21 PM

I look forward to:
not being called fatass by family
avoid uncomfortable stares
finally look good in whatever I wear.

01gt4.6 02-25-2010 03:31 AM

I look forward to:

first: I finally love my mirror.
second: be able to take off my shirt at the beach and be ripped by this summer.
third: being in better shape than most guys half my age.