Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Weight Loss Tips
The Healthy Community #2 >

The Healthy Community #2

Community
Notices

The Healthy Community #2

Old 02-16-2010, 11:35 AM
FitDay Member

Deanna, Nice pic! Thanks for posting that, and congrats on your award too!!

Just wondering if anyone has discovered, or re-discovered, some good foods? Please share, I am looking for some inspiration. I have re-discovered cooking and find it helps so much to really mix-it-up and try new things, flavours, textures, etc. A few simple foods I have re-discovered are:

-Raw Cauli, Broccoli and Carrots marinated in a touch of Italian Salad Dressing
-Steamed seafood
-Real yogurt (small serving though) with berries and flax seeds
-Oatmeal for breakfast
-Kashi cereal
-Water, water, water..man, I feel good when I drink extra water!

I am also getting "off the cheese". I am only buying a really small piece of cheese every 2 weeks. No more gigantic blocks of cheese in the house that I can't stay away from. Planning is soo essential for me.
Old 02-16-2010, 11:52 AM
FitDay Member

Cheers, everyone. And congratulations Deanna on the award! I totally went overboard on the cleaning, it ended up being all day, from about quarter to 11 to quarter to 5! I'm not going to log it as a straight six hours, though, cause I did stop once an hour or so and have a sit down for ten minutes. I'm very happy it got done. The clutter was getting out of control. Tomorrow is..... laundry!

The only down side is that I'm way low on calories today. I havent' even broken 1200 yet, and its almost eight. Yikes! I'm going ot have a little snack during the Biggest Loser tonight. I'm thinking..... pineapple and a cheese stick. So, so much for amping up the calories-haha!

I'm soooooo looking forward to hitting those nice fresh, clean sheets in a couple hours! But I tell you what, I'm in an exponetially better mood than I've been in in days! Night, guys!
Old 02-16-2010, 12:24 PM
FitDay Member

Way to go with cleaning Diane! It does feel good to de-clutter, I am in a much better mood and state of mind when everything in is order!!
Old 02-16-2010, 12:47 PM
FitDay Member

no biggest loser till after the olympics..sorry
Old 02-16-2010, 02:36 PM
FitDay Member

Default Jumping right into the water!

Hello all, any chance you can make room for one more? I've been reading the forum for the past few days and would like to just start posting stuff to help me through this mess.

Right now, my plan is 1,300-1,500 calories a day, keeping fat down to 35%-40%. I track every bite on Fitday and have been doing that for a long time....even bad days are on there! Pretty basic plan to start, huh?

So, here's what I found to be helpful today (Day #2):

Yoplait Fat-free Banana Cream Pie Yogurt (120 cal)
Sliced small banana on bottom of bowl with yogurt on top.
1/4 c. Granola with raisins sprinkled on top for flavor and crunch. Total: 330 cal.

Sooo yummy and satisfying for brunchtime and got me through until 3:00 or so. Then had:

Spring Mix Salad with Tri-Color Chickpea Salad (1 cup) (with onion, red peppers, cilantro, etc.) spooned on top of it.
It was mixed in a base combination of orange juice and vinegar, so there was no need for salad dressing or oil... I bought it at Wegman's. I also put on a dash of Salad Toppings and Salad Seasonings for more crunch and flavor. Total calories on this dinner: 220 for Chickpea Salad and 50 cal for topping.
Different, tasty, huge, and very filling.

Followed that with a big juicy orange. Sweet!

This wasn't everything I ate today, just my favorite!
I know I won't always post everything I ate, but sometimes I just like to post some of the things I eat to keep it real and maybe give some ideas, too!

Also did a brisk 20-minute walk at 4.0 MPH....that's just a start I know.

Good luck and hopefully I'll be keeping up with some posts here and there, too.
Old 02-16-2010, 03:23 PM
FitDay Member

I had written a post this morning, then found out I was scheduled to work 8 minutes before I was supposed to be there....and I was still in PJs! LOL! Needless to say I was late, it was a horrible rush. I asked my son to throw some food in a bag for me to take to work, I got a banana, two tiny clementine oranges, an apple and a small yogurt! So that is all I ate from this morning until after 8 tonight! I was HUNGRY!! I did manage to settle on a plate of mock mashed potatoes with some chicken and gravy on the top. Surprisingly low in calories and VERY filling. I am laying here with a tummyache from being so full!!

Deanna, congrats on the award and you look awesome!!

Dianne, I hope you aren't as sore tomorrow as I have been today - after my epic day of cleaning yesterday. It does feel good to get it done, doesn't it?

Sherry of course you can join us, the more the merrier!

Shell your list looks pretty tasty to me!
Old 02-17-2010, 01:22 AM
FitDay Member

Oh Kathie, I am sooooo sore today! I wish I had taken some Tylenol before I went to bed. I had a moment this morning where I didn't think I was going to be able to get out of it! Now that I have some drugs in the system, and gotten to moving around some, its better. I think I'm going to put off the laundry until tomorrow. We're not running around naked over here yet, so it can wait one more day.

I didn't drink enough water yesterday for sure, and I can really feel it in my skin. I don't like it!

Shell, I have rediscovered the joys of Cheerios. Just plain old regular Cheerios. And veggies. I have bags of frozen corn, peas, lima beans and collard greens in the freezer. I love that I have them around whenever I want them, and that I can make just the right amount for me. I've discovered the Kashi cereals, as well. right now my two favorites are the almond flax clusters, and a cinnamon one that I picked up this past weekend at the store for the first time. I can't wait until I start working again, so we can go to a higher end grocery store, and then I can play with fun new organic and health food stuff! There's so many interesting things I want to try. So I guess my biggest change in eating habits has been that I eat organic as much as possible.
Old 02-17-2010, 08:18 AM
FitDay Member

I recently got 2 workout videos from my library. They are both great.
Desk Sets-5 minute workouts from ONAIRVIDEO.COM and Sara Ivanhoe's 20 minute yoga makeover from Natural Journeys - Fitness DVDs, Videos, and more!.
Old 02-17-2010, 09:55 AM
FitDay Member

Hello Sherry, Welcome to the thread! Always room for one more here! I love chickpeas, thanks for the reminder. I'll have to pick some up. I really like hummus. Sounds like you have a plan in place, super! I am aiming for similar fat daily, and keeping my calories around 1700-1800 for right now.

I really have to change up my food often. I find it to be more satisfying, and I don't get stuck in a boring rut. I am surprised that this one change can have such an impact on how much I eat, and what I eat. Another thing I have just about every day is a boiled egg. A simple delicious snack. I have been buying cabbage alot too. It is good to throw in stir fries or soup or just steamed as a side dish.

Diane, The Kashi cereals are really good. I mix a box of Kashi cereal, with a box of bran buds. Really good on yogurt. Yes, must get enough water. I think I have spent half my life dehydrated! I am still aiming for a mostly natural diet too. I have cut out alot of processed foods.

Kathie! Oh no, that sounds like a frantic rush to get to work!! Is mock mashed potatoes made with Cauliflower? What else do you add?

Wednesday already, time sure does fly! I snuck on the scale and am up a pound, but will see what happens by Friday. Going to do measurements this Friday too. I decided I will measure once a month - mid month.
Old 02-17-2010, 02:58 PM
FitDay Member

Shell my mock mashed potatoes are made with potato, cauliflower and turnips, and sometimes I add carrots too. I don't add any butter or anything like that, perhaps a wee bit of salt. I do put packaged gravy (made with water) on them and they are DEEE-lish!

Today I am only at 812 calories so far. Man thats low! Yesterday I barely cleared 1000. Maybe the lack of weight loss is making me not want to eat?? I have some grapefruit, my husband got them for me cuz he heard on TV that they are supposed to be great for you if you are trying to lose weight. Hmmm, kind of him but I am not a real big fan. Oh well, I guess I can try to eat them.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.