Notices

The Healthy Community #2

Old 02-23-2010, 12:09 AM
Super Moderator

Default Great Job Kathie!

Needing new clothes...your body is changing, changing! Also glad to hear you aren't freaking out over going over on the calories a bit. Sounds like you should be fine.

Gallusgirl, the mental picture of you dropping trou vacuuming is too funny for words. What a lift, to have clothes fall off you instead of squeezing in.

Way to stay strong, Shell, mandevil! Tough choices, good decisions, planning ahead and no one feeling cranky and deprived.

We are going into this week strong! I'm excited for everybody!
Old 02-23-2010, 03:39 AM
FitDay Member

Default Lifting weight by shoveling snow

Phew..I shoveled snow for over an hour yesterday. It was a big heavy snow-over 4 inches. I'm adding that to my activity tracker as weight lifting. And this AM I increased my free weights from the 3lb set to the 5lb set.

My jeans did feel a lot looser- I didn't end up dropping them- but I did feel the need to snug them up every 10 minutes or so- what a great feeling. I think these were a size 16, so maybe I'll fit into the size 14 now. That is progress baby!
Old 02-23-2010, 04:06 AM
FitDay Member

Shovelling is snow is HARD work!! It should be added as exercise for sure!

Having left over roast beef dinner and ice cream in the house has not been working out for me! I can't resist it. Calorie intake for yesterday was over 1600. But the ice cream is all gone now, so no more temptation there - whew! I really need to get back on track.

I like the new pants I bought yesterday - they are like beige jeans - that I think I am going to go get a black pair today! It is amazing how slimming it is just wearing clothing that fits properly! If they are too tight, you end up looking fatter! If they are too loose you look big and sloppy.

I think I am heading to the big city today, I live in a very small city. Gonna hang out with youngest daughter and get myself a new cell phone as I lost my other one.
Old 02-23-2010, 06:00 AM
FitDay Member

Hi, Just checking in and catching up on logging my food from yesterday and today. On track, moving ahead and (hopefully) downwards! Worked out this morning, got some sunshine and feel great. Have a great day!
Old 10-13-2010, 07:23 AM
FitDay Member

My average watt output on my power computer on my bicycle is about 150W. When I do the conversion from watts to kcal I get a number of about 100kcal/hour. When I look at various websites including this one the average calories burned in one hour with my intensity is 700kcal. Why are my numbers so off? Am I missing something?