Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Weight Loss Tips
The Healthy Community #2 >

The Healthy Community #2

Community
Notices

The Healthy Community #2

Old 02-19-2010, 12:22 PM
FitDay Member

Hi gang, All your words are making me feel better today! I really appreciate everyone hanging in and being here. It helps alot! I am UP 2 lb this week...rrgh...

But it's a new week, and I am still trying. I know it is only 2 lb and weight fluctuates from day to day, so I am not being too hard on myself (well, ok, just being a little hard on myself today...).

We can do this, we can!
Old 02-19-2010, 12:51 PM
FitDay Member

Kathie;
Hang in there you will lose. I agree with Cassie, Deanna, & others, I so appreciate your post, & the help & information you are so willing to share. I'm on standby to do a "HAPPY DANCE" WHEN YOU LOSE!! & I will log that as extra cardio for the week. LOL!!

Perhaps increasing your water will help. I drink 10-12 glasses a day. Funny thing is when I was a Pepsi drinker , I never drank water & I was never thirsty. Since I've started drinking water if I wake in the middle of the night I get a cup of water, or first thing in the morning I wake up thirsty & get a glasss. Go figure. I liked your thought about why I'm hungry now.

Hello All;
Are we ready to increase cardio to 45 min. 5 x a week. The challenge is on.

Stay strong be healthy
Old 02-19-2010, 01:19 PM
FitDay Member

Default Hello Am new and have some questions

Hello everyone,
I am new to this site, and really have no idea how many calories I am supposed to eat to loose weight.
I am 51yrs old, 5'7" and weigh 300lbs. I am not eating anything white, such as flour,rice and sugar. I have just joined a gym but have not done anything there yet. I am trying to eat lots of veggies and salmon, shrimp... some yogurt and fresh fruit.
Any and all advice would be greatly appreciated,
Thanks.

I am also new on how to post and where..
kroblee

mmm how do i post????
Old 02-19-2010, 02:02 PM
FitDay Member

Thanks all for you encourgement....I was just SO down this morning. Your words brought a smile to my face, seriously!! I appreciate it. This is why we come here, isn't it!? So we don't just give up in despair. If you guys still want me to come and share my failure with you, I will still come.

Shell, I can definitely feel your pain!! We can commiserate together! I have eaten less than 900 calories today. Not enough, I know. I need more protein and maybe some carbs but no more fat....good grief, how do I do that??
Old 02-19-2010, 02:21 PM
Super Moderator

Default She's baaaack...hooray!

Glad you are feeling better, Kathie, at least for now. We will hear your successes, too, just wait and see.

How about a chicken sandwich on whole wheat bread? Fruit and cheese (if you do lowfat cheese)? Oatmeal with sliced apples? A fruit/yogurt/cereal parfait?

I am living vicariously right now. I'm done with cals for the day
Old 02-19-2010, 02:37 PM
FitDay Member

Tonight I had grilled honey cajun fish. Oh my it was good! You can use talapia (I used crappie)- put a ton of cajun seasoning on it and either broil or grill it. Right before it is done- pour some honey on it and cook a little more. It has a spicy yet sweet taste mmmmm mmmmm

Deanna
Old 02-19-2010, 02:58 PM
FitDay Member

Deanna;

The cajun honey grilled fish sounds yummy. I'm just starting to add fish to my "diet" that isn't deep fried by Long John Silvers. I had tilapia last night but it was a bit bland. I'll certainly try this recipe next time.
Thanks. I can always use some healthy food ideas. The mock mashed potatoes that someone posted {Kathie I think} sounds really good too.
Old 02-19-2010, 03:19 PM
FitDay Member

I have 2 other really good fish recipes that I will dig out and post for you. My husband found one of them online and the whole family LOVES it. It has a sauce you put on it.

We have a lake house so we fish all the time (except in winter) so we eat fish a lot. Of course it is usually fried so I had to find new ways to cook it for myself. I still fry it for the family most of the time but sometimes they like a change too!
Old 02-20-2010, 02:20 AM
FitDay Member

Welcome Kroblee! I have a challenging weekend ahead, 2 dinners eating out at restaurants this weekend - 1 a buffet (!). Will make wise choices and compensate the rest of the time for the extra calories. Deep breath...and moving ahead. Thanks Kathie, I appreciate the support. Hang in there yourself... My goal for this week: EXERCISE, lots of it.
Old 02-20-2010, 03:49 AM
Super Moderator

Good luck this week, Shell...you can do it! Planning ahead is half the battle.

Thanks for the fish recipe, Deanna. Will have to try that one. I love spicy seafoood!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.