Notices

Diet Advice

Old 05-03-2011, 01:48 PM
FitDay Member

Wow....I don't know you or your situation, however, you should be eating a lot more calories than you are. Fitday offers recommendations on the amount of calories you need to eat daily to achieve your goal weight. Have you check it out? How are your energy levels?
Old 05-03-2011, 02:53 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by mrsantiago
First I am taking HCG along with the low calorie high protine diet. I work out daily but it changes from hot yoga, cardio at the gym and kettle bell at home in between. Not much cheating and when I do it's maybe 3oz of vodka a week and no mixers. Oh, my starting wieght was 204 and I am currently at 199 with a goal of 175.

I am suprised as well which is why I posted the question.

Thanks,
there is your problem. You are not following the HGC diet to the "T". You should not be cheating at all, and follow the HCG diet. IMO nobody should do HCG if they don't plan on following it to the "T". I would get off the drops or shot, which ever you are doing, until you are ready to commit to it 110%.
Old 05-03-2011, 02:56 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by TammyBlair
Wow....I don't know you or your situation, however, you should be eating a lot more calories than you are. Fitday offers recommendations on the amount of calories you need to eat daily to achieve your goal weight. Have you check it out? How are your energy levels?
Believe it or not, he's shouldn't be eating more calories with HCG. He should limit to 500 cals, and eat/drink ONLY what's allowed. I know plenty of people that did HCG with great success but they followed the plan and didn't deviate any.
Old 05-03-2011, 11:32 PM
FitDay Member

That diet sounds extremely dubious to me, and a quick google found reputable articles confirming my suspicions. It's not done at all well in research, the FDA doesn't like it, and it can cause delightful problems such as gallstones. By the way, I'm 4'11, 135 lb and extremely sedentary, and I'm eating twice as many calories as you are. For someone of my height, that's a relatively conservative approach to calorie restriction. I've known a number of people try extreme dieting, and they tend to get one of the following results:

1) Weight loss followed by weight gain, typically more weight than they lost. My mother did this for her wedding, looked a bit slimmer on the day, and a lot heavier than before not long afterwards.

2) No appreciable weight loss but a severely messed up psyche and eating routine ("if I'm eating this little and not losing weight, I must be doing something wrong!"). This happened to me accidentally a few years back when I was too ill to cook, largely bedbound due to disability, and not at that time getting any help from social services. I ended up putting on weight despite not eating remotely enough, getting very ill indeed, and being told by my GP that it had messed up my metabolism.

3) Anorexia or bulumia. A friend's flatmate has been in and out of hospital for anorexia recently and we don't think she has long left to live. Another friend has had anorexia since childhood, he was hospitalised for it at the age of eight, and he is a very unwell chap.

I realise that you're very anxious to lose weight, but there are no quick fixes which really work long term, and there's a reason why diet forums are full of people aiming for 1-2lb per week chanting, "Slow and steady wins the race".

Best of luck, it sounds like a very frustrating situation.
Old 05-04-2011, 12:02 AM
FitDay Premium Member

HGC seems to be a hot button topic so I'm no longer discussing it.

Personally, I'll continue to eat 1500 to 1700 (mostly) good calories a day, do a modest amount of exercise and track it all on FitDay and keep losing weight (144 documented pounds off since June 19th) w/o any "diet".

Regards,
Michael
Old 10-09-2011, 08:20 PM
FitDay Member

Default loose weight

To loose weight it is very much important to do exercise daily it will burn your fat from our body and bring your body in a shape. The best is to do yoga daily it will surely give you positive results.
Old 10-13-2011, 08:08 PM
FitDay Member

i agree 500 calaries is way low

im 238 pounds and currently av 1600 calories a day - weighing everything very acuratley - running 30 minutes every morning 5 days and dumbells for 30 minutes 3 days weeks - (decided on low reps heavy weights as this seems to make me sweat more and works me harder)

i feel very week on 1600 cal and am unsure should i be having more god knows how you exercise the way you do on 500 cals