Notices

Go Gluten Free

Old 02-02-2011, 01:23 PM
FitDay Member

Default Go Gluten Free

Hello everyone, I wanted to let you know that first off I do not have a Gluten allergy but I decided to go Gluten Free because it makes me feel better I'm not perfect, occasionally I have whole wheat but 95 % of the time I eat very healthy. My Naturopathic Dr. said even though the test came back negative it has a lot to do with inflammation and I have Fibromyalgia and Arthritis so I gave it a go. She explained you can be Gluten sensitive. I noticed my tummy is not bloated and I feel better so just wanted to share my tip with you. Darn those rice crackers are good and brown rice pasta is so light and you don't feel like going to sleep! Cheers!
Old 02-10-2011, 12:51 AM
FitDay Member

I was tested many times in various different ways for wheat allergy's and Celiac's disease. Those tests are not accurate. I believe I have Celiac's disease and my health has improved %1000 percent since I cut out gluten 100%. It took a long time to figure this out since the doctors were ignorant and I was in denial! I have found an extreme GF diet relatively manageable. There is plenty of food to eat, it just takes a lot of communication when dining with friends and in restaurants. Best of luck,
Sylvia
Old 02-10-2011, 04:15 AM
FitDay Member

I actually like the gluten free foods, since I have eaten this way with my granddaughter who also is not Celiac, but she is sensitive to gluten and has been since birth.
We did not figure it out right away but every time her dad took her for the evening, she would come home screaming. It turned out he was giving her crackers so that she would not be ready to nurse when her mom got her back for breast feeding. Instead it was giving her stomach pain which, even though she was hungry, she could not eat.
I had to quit sharing with her as the labelling changed to warn of nut contamination issues with the flour. Oh, my granddaughter also could only have rice flour and products every other day, so we could not depend on rice.
Old 07-07-2015, 09:47 PM
FitDay Member

I would like to invite you on my sister's blog.
She's a holder of university degree dietetics clinical, she has also completed post - graduate studies
in sports nutrition . Monica suffer from celiac and she want to help
people who don't know how to prepare a tasty , gluten - free dishes
At the moment, posts on the blog are in Polish , but with time this will change . If you like a recipe send a message to a fanpage on facebook :

www.facebook.com/bezglutenowydietetyk?fref=ts

and I will send it to you in English

blog page: Na bezglutenowym talerzu