Notices

Closers

Old 01-25-2011, 01:05 PM
FitDay Member

Default Closers

I'm wondering what methods you use to end your meal. I sometimes find I need something to convince me the meal is over. A pot of green tea usually works to signal my meal is done. By the time I'm done it I no longer desire that second helping or dessert.

Does any one else have tricks they use to shut off the temptation to keep eating?
Old 01-25-2011, 01:40 PM
FitDay Member

I am rarely have desert wether I am on a diet or not. I measure I food in one plate. I know that all I should eat. But it is hard to. It took some brain power to do it.
I often said to myself, you got enough. But my hand keep picking for more. I try to drink a glass of water that help.
Old 01-25-2011, 03:18 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Kumochi
I'm wondering what methods you use to end your meal. I sometimes find I need something to convince me the meal is over. A pot of green tea usually works to signal my meal is done. By the time I'm done it I no longer desire that second helping or dessert.

Does any one else have tricks they use to shut off the temptation to keep eating?
I portion my food carefully, and when my plate is empty, I am done. I also listen to my body, Eat slow, and when I feel satisfied I stop. If I feel like a need something sweet when I'm done I have a piece of sugar free candy.
Old 01-25-2011, 04:17 PM
Super Moderator

I just make the proportion I need. When I eat it, I'm done since there is none left.

Sometimes I know I am going to want dessert especially at a really good restaurant so I will usually order that with a salad!

I obviously don't believe in the "finish your dinner then you can have dessert" grandma rule!
Old 01-26-2011, 12:15 AM
FitDay Member

I know I should eat at the table however when you eat alone the temptation is to eat in front of the tv. I may have to make an effort to only eat at the table. I like leftovers so I usually will make enough for 2 or 3 meals when cooking. If I put away the extra before eating there is less temptation to eat extra. The worst is when I make puddings -- one is only 100 calories however the recipie make 4 servings.