Notices

Cheating on the diet. How to stop?

Old 01-24-2011, 02:01 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by nottango
I'm in the same boat. In my case, I think it's because all these years I've been telling myself that nobody wants me because I'm overweight, but now that I'm not carrying the extra weight, I have to face the fact that nobody wants me because nobody wants me. That's depressing, so I feel like "Who cares if I'm fat?" Obviously, The work needed (in my case)is on the inside, not the outside. Can't believe I'm "putting this out there".
OMG! This sounded like me. I grew up and was told that I was fat, ugly, black (b/c my skin was darker than the rest of the population), nobody would want to marry me. I never thought that I would married and have children. At one point in my life, I thought that I would just got pregnant and have a child of my own b/c I love children so much and I wanted to have my own child.
Then I met my husband. He is the kindest man on earth. He said all kind words to me. He is the first person said that I was beautiful. he loves my skin and never think I am fat.
Since then, I felt very confident and belive that I can do anything if I put my mind to it.

Nottango, You can do it. YOu just have to belive in yourself and be patient. Your soul mate is on his way.
Mai
Old 01-24-2011, 03:41 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by nottango
I'm in the same boat. In my case, I think it's because all these years I've been telling myself that nobody wants me because I'm overweight, but now that I'm not carrying the extra weight, I have to face the fact that nobody wants me because nobody wants me. That's depressing, so I feel like "Who cares if I'm fat?" Obviously, The work needed (in my case)is on the inside, not the outside. Can't believe I'm "putting this out there".
You know it's kind of funny because I never cared what other people thought about my looks. When I gained weight no one ever called me fat so I never thought I got that fat. Then I saw pictures of me at the beach that someone brought to a party. I was MORTIFIED!!!

I got on track and slowly worked to get back into shape only to have an injury set me back and then (of course) ... I met the hottest guy in the world and for the first time in my life I worried about how someone else thought I looked. It sucked so bad and drove me nuts worrying that I wasn't good enough for someone just because of my physical appearance.

I decided it's just easier to just go back to not worrying what other people think about my looks.

And you know everyone is beautiful to someone.
Old 01-24-2011, 05:58 PM
FitDay Member

If your BMI is within 20-25 you might not need to slim down further.
Old 01-24-2011, 08:37 PM
FitDay Member

hi Cthebird,

You say you start dreaming of the cheat food and then have to have it. I've been there many times and as I'm sure you already know the trick is to get your ass moving when you start thinking like this.

The craving will pass, acknowledge the fact it might be nice but that your not going to have it and move on to doing somthing else, asap. This is my trick at the moment and its helping me give up smoking as well as staying on plan.

BTW- there are some very honest and heartfelt posts on this tread. There is so much more to us than just body size/appearance, I think sometimes we forget that our weight is a manefestation of other issues going on within us. We cannot ignore it. Thanks for sharing.
Old 01-25-2011, 03:40 AM
FitDay Member

I think weight loss is like plastic surgery -- it may improve our appearance, however it will not correct all thet is wrong in our personal world. Some of us have used weight as a defense mechanism and when that protection is gone it's hard to look for other reasons for problems in life.

If you can look at the move to fitness as being for you alone it helps. We can't control the outside influences. Even those in relationships often have their diets sabatoged by their partners. My ex used to give me chocolates and complain about my weight at the same time!

Good luck in getting back to doing this for yourself.
Old 01-25-2011, 03:58 AM
FitDay Member

I agree with a lot of people in here- It is hard when we start having cravings. However it is possible to simmer down the cravings...i try to clean! Yesterday i got home work work and had liek 2 hours to kill before my bf got home and we had dinner- so i decided to clean the floors and organize a few things..before i knew it dinner was ready!
Old 01-25-2011, 07:00 AM
FitDay Member

Hey, thanks everyone. I felt like I needed to follow up. I'm a typical complex woman, and the train of thought I shared was one of many that go through my brain. I can assure you that if you met me, you'd see a cheerful, confident woman, which I am much of the time. I really have been losing weight for my own health (who can afford to be sick in this day & age?!) and have given much of the same advice I received to others in my life. Thanks again - love this forum!
Old 01-28-2011, 10:43 PM
FitDay Member

Thanks to everyone for your great advice and your kicks in the ass. I really needed that. Since I wrote the thread I've cut down on low carb desserts (just haven't made as many) and high carb foods. Most days I'm staying within my limits except perhaps the days I don't log my food. Those are the days I'm most depressed. But on those days I'm not gorging, so it isn't too bad. I've lost about 2 lbs during this time. Not a lot, but I'm heading in the right direction.
Old 02-02-2011, 01:32 PM
FitDay Member

I was where you are 2 years ago and I BLEW IT I told myself I did so well that what can one little slip do? Lead to one more and one more after that....girl get a grip. Now I am starting over gained back the 45lbs I lost and gained a whole lot of sadness and anger! Please don't give in to temptation.....stay the course....I will never feel like I made it ever again...it will always be a lifelong battle.
Old 02-02-2011, 03:39 PM
FitDay Member

Lately have realized how addictive white carbs can be... I too got way off course, in a big way - started with holidays, then illness... am on my fourth day back on track after just over a month.

In that time I didn't binge (not really a binger, just make bad choices when I've planned badly), but tricked myself into 'just a nibble' here and there, of all the wrong things.

Amazingly I didn't gain weight - even lost 3 pounds - but am finding myself *really* struggling with carb cravings, though previously I'd eaten low gi for a year. I do feel lumpy and bloated.

A few low-gi plans have an initially restrictive phase (dr poon, south beach) that's meant to sort of 'detox' you from carbs. I never took much stock in that notion - thought it was just a way to get fast and motivating first results, and make normal eating feel doable in comparison. Maybe it's worth revisiting, though... these cravings are for real!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.