Notices

Anybody on Alli?

Old 01-31-2010, 06:15 AM
FitDay Member

Cool Anybody on Alli?

Just seeing who's out there, and the affects they've had.. (not just THOSE).... lol. I'm on day 3, I ate tacos (binged) right before I started so I'm excusing my 2lb gain here...but getting back on track.

So, anything interesting for those of you out there? Tips on exercise to go with it? meal ideas?
Old 02-03-2010, 02:42 PM
FitDay Member

I'm using Alli. I used it a few years ago when it first came out. I like it because it "forces" me to change my eating habits! Also, I get to eat 1600 calories so I don't feel that hungry or deprived. I started again last Sunday. I need to start exercising but am focusing on the food for now. I'll add exercise in a few weeks when I get this down!
Old 02-04-2010, 09:45 AM
FitDay Member

I am and have been since Jan 1 2009. I've lost 55 pounds on it so far. I was dismayed when alli took down their website right before the holidays and wiped out all of our discussions. We all had a ton of support there and now everyone has disappeared.

I use fitday to keep track of the percentages of fat, calories and protein needed to stay healthy. You must be careful that you don't overdo the carbs when you lower the fat. You should also maintain a low fat diet for at least a week before starting alli or you may be in for some unpleasantness.

The worst that I've ever had was just stomach cramps from gas. The threat of public humiliation is a wonderful deterrant! Good luck to you!
Old 02-04-2010, 09:57 AM
FitDay Member

Default The Alli Diet

I just started my diet yesterday and searching for a diet plan to follow. I was at the Dollar Store and found The alli Diet plan book. I haven't read it yet, but do you recommend this one? Are you taking their diet pills? Since I have the book, I was just curious as to whether you like their diet before I purchas their pills
Old 02-04-2010, 10:08 AM
FitDay Member

Check out their website.
You will get better information there.
I do not follow their food, I only follow their recommended percentages. Alli is not something to go into lightly; you should really educate yourself about the program first and prepare for it.
I also hate their recipes on their website; they are too hard to follow and are for too many calories. I called them on it and it is geared for people use to eating 3000+ cal a day which I could never do and have never done. So it is best to design what works for you but understand what alli is doing. All it is doing is blocking about 1/3 of the fat from being absorbed so theoretically you can eat more fat, less carbs etc. Many of us also feel it works on stored fat but there is no proof.

I also don't eat any processed or artificial food. I eat real foods, nothing fake and if real foods are too fattening (like butter) I just don't eat it period. It is not that big of a deal.

Especially knowing it is not forever. Also one usually loses quickly in the beginning on Alli then it slows down. 1 - 2lbs a week is the better rate to lose because you are learning to eat properly and in a way where it won't come back.

I hope this helps...

Last edited by VitoVino; 12-19-2011 at 08:41 AM.
Old 02-05-2010, 12:03 PM
FitDay Member

I wondered what happened to the website. I used it when I first used alli a few years ago. Now I can't log on or even create a new account. I would use their meal plans as ideas of what to have. Also, back then, they would have meals that were designed for the calorie target you had. I just started again on Sunday and am eating 1600 calories/day. I definitely agree that you should learn all about the alli plan before starting the pills. If you do, you shouldn't have any problems with it. I also lost quickly the first 2 weeks and then it slowed. That kind of help me jumpstart into weight loss and was a good encouragement.
Old 02-06-2010, 06:20 AM
FitDay Member

Wink My plan thus far...

Well, I've been on Alli for over a week, am down 4lbs, probably would have been more if I hadn't fallen off a bit... but it's doing well, and no bad effects. I know it will slow down, it does no matter what I'm doing... body gets used to things. I feel positive about this and am continuing the program.

As for the site, I can go to it now and am a member, but things I post just don't go in, or disappear...whole forums disappear, as well as many changes that I make to my profile. I got tired of trying to fix it.
Old 02-06-2010, 06:22 AM
FitDay Member

Default uhm...

sorry, I meant whole threads disappear...
Old 02-07-2010, 04:26 AM
FitDay Member

Great job losing 4 lbs!! I just weighed in for my first week and am down 2 lbs. I've stayed on the plan. I just turned 50 and can tell that my metabolism has really changed the last year and a half. Anyway, my goal is to lose 22 pounds by the end of June. I started at 172 and want to be at 150 by then. After that I need to lose another 10 and then I'd be happy. What are your goals?
Old 02-08-2010, 03:02 AM
FitDay Member

Default Goals...

I'm 242 today (oops up one from yesterday). My goal is to get to 150 (long term)... but this year I'd like to lose about 50lbs at least ... my new years resolution...only one I've ever made. This week... or at least for the next week, I'm working on being under 240... so I can take a tag off my weight loss chart.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.