Notices

Anybody on Alli?

Old 05-25-2010, 06:10 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by HolaKitty
I just started taking Alli a week ago and I'm REALLY struggling to remember to take the pills! Is it just me? Does anyone have any tips about remembering to take them?
I started taking Alli a week ago again. I took it before but, I forgot to take it, too. What's helped me the most this week, was changing my banner on my phone to "take your Alli pill" because I always check my phone when I sit down to eat or take a break. So that helped. Or also leaving yourself little notes in places that you frequently eat at or see helps too.
Old 06-22-2010, 04:29 AM
FitDay Member

Smile

two years ago, i had lost about 15 pounds from counting calories and eating more vegetables/fruits/fiber and healthy fat. it was really hard to go out with people though and watch them eat whatever they wanted (especially as i worked with kids in a program where we had to supply them food). i started to plateau and it was so frustrating.
I ended up starting alli to give me another kickstart, and it allowed me to, on occasion splurge and have say, a half slice of pizza with the kids i worked with, on occasion. took me a few months but i lost another 15-20 pounds before i stopped.

one caution though, i stopped because i was having problems with my gallbladder. My dr suggested it was due to the alli and since i was in a healthy range (im 5'10" at that point was about 158) i decided to stop. in the two years since ive only gained 4-5 pounds of it back. but since i never hit the weight i wanted to (150, still in healthy range, but not disgustingly scrawny), i recently started counting calories again and doing more aerobic exercise. I never stopped eating healthier, and i never forgot what portions should be. i think if anything , that was the greatest benefit of alli.

also hungry girl cookbook, i strongly recommend that as well. She has some yummy concoctions you wouldn't know were healthy and low calorie/low fat.
Old 10-19-2011, 01:26 PM
FitDay Member

I started dieting on 8-21-11 using portion control and a rebounder for exercise. I lost 10 lbs in 2 months and wanted to speed things up so I tried Alli. I gained 4 lbs the week I was on it. That made me mad. On the last day i tried to get some "treatment effects" by eating high-fat all day with nachoes, bacon, eggs, biscuits, gravy, fried potatoes, etc. and NOTHING happened. That's when I quit using it.
Old 10-19-2011, 01:31 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by rcburto
On the last day i tried to get some "treatment effects" by eating high-fat all day with nachoes, bacon, eggs, biscuits, gravy, fried potatoes, etc. and NOTHING happened. That's when I quit using it.
I just googled this:

Alli is pronounced "ally" -- as in friend or associate. And as its name suggests, Alli is merely one component of a new weight loss program.

More than just a pill, the Alli program involves a reduced-calorie, low-fat diet, regular walking and toning exercises, and behavioral changes. It comes with a companion book called Are You Losing It? Losing Weight Without Losing Your Mind, along with other weight loss material and online support. The drug's manufacturer, GlaxoSmithKline, is going all out with a splashy marketing plan that includes a museum-style exhibit in Manhattan demonstrating a dieter's experience before and after the addition of Alli.
Old 11-14-2011, 05:03 AM
FitDay Member

I went from 318 to 287 using Alli. The side effects are not bad. You really have to eat a lot of fat to have bad side effects (like a whole bag of chips)!