Notices

Anybody on Alli?

Old 02-08-2010, 03:04 AM
FitDay Member

Default Alli...

Well, last night was the first time I've had treatment effects, my third time eating what I shouldn't. If any of you have eaten what they shouldn't, do you find that it hurts the stomach later? I find it hurts... and I wonder if some of the physical issues people are having are from not following the plan and maybe their organs can't handle that? any ideas?
Old 02-08-2010, 06:06 AM
FitDay Member

It is from gas and not hurting the organs. They claim it doesn't go into the blood stream. If you know you are going to cheat then don't take it. Even then, you may have some symptoms if you had taken some that day....

I don't take the full recommended dosage. If I don't eat over 7 grams of fat in a meal, I don't take it. You will learn what your body can tolerate and what it can't. Think of your symptoms as a deterrant. Remember them before you cheat again.

You really need to be serious if you are going to take alli. Today is a new day. I hope you do better....
Old 02-08-2010, 06:11 AM
FitDay Member

Heavensdarkangel....I lost 55 lbs in one year on Alli so you CAN do it! Some people lost more but I did what worked for me. A few months I just maintained. My exercise started slow (I was 247 when I started) and I worked up. I have some physical issues from old breaks so I could only do so much (started walking up hills everyday). Remember, the slower you lose the more chance you have of keeping it off.

They revamped the alli website over the holidays. They took down all of our forums (and support) right before xmas which really stank. The site is still dysfunctional and I'm not using it anymore. It is too bad, it use to be pretty good with just some issues here and there. Now they've taken away groups of people who use to support each other. I hope they get their act together soon....
Old 02-08-2010, 09:11 AM
FitDay Member

Hi Heaven, I have had gas pains sometimes when taking alli. I never have more than 13 grams of fat per meal but usually keep it to around 9 grams. If I know that I might go over the fat grams I don't take the pill either for about 24 hours. But, the reason I'm doing alli is that I know I will have side effects if I cheat so it keeps me in line. Otherwise it's to easy for me to give in on diets. You can do it! Just plan ahead and read all food labels.

I'm still trying to get to the alli forums. I am having serious problems doing that. Keep going Grizzly- you've done great. Your progress is an inspiration to me.

1 week down, 2 pounds lost.
Old 02-08-2010, 09:40 AM
FitDay Member

Wink Ok...

Thanks, I appreciate the feedback. I don't have a lot of side affects of any kind either way. Most of my meals are pretty low fat, also low calorie.... I just have those days sometimes....

I'm liking Alli so far, I'm just wary because of concerns and evaluations being done about issues with kidneys and liver (?) function ... they're trying to figure out if it causes it or is just made worse by it.

I'm glad that so many people have had success with the product, this is the first I've had much faith in and it's reviews from people like you that tell what really works.

Old 02-08-2010, 09:55 AM
FitDay Member

I've been taking alli for 3-4 weeks. It is the best thing for giving feedback on bad eating habits! I try to limit fat as much as possible, but I end up with 30% anyway. The main problem is that I forget to take it!

Been losing well until this week when I lost 1/2 pound only. I'll keep at it and hopefully get back on track next week. I haven't been cheating so far as I can tell, so it's probably just stress. I had a very stressy week at work.
Old 02-24-2010, 12:14 PM
FitDay Member

Smile

Hi, I started taking ALLI yesterday. I have gained 50 pounds over the past 10 years, that really needs to come off. I have dieted on & off over the years, and I do really well for 2-3 weeks and then give up. I am not a gym person, so it really takes alot for me to go. I have researched this product and I want to make this work for me. I experienced in the first morning, "effects", maybe that was from the night before, it hasn't happened since. I anyone has some good pointers with this diet I would be very interested in what you have to say.....Thanks..
Old 02-28-2010, 03:30 PM
FitDay Member

Default Hello...

it's me again! Sorry, I come here less often than the other site as far as chatting about things is concerned. So, let's see here... it's been approximately a month now...I'm 235lbs, and really I've been going over my calorie limit off and on and fighting this particular number. I'd bet that I'd have made 20lbs lost by now if I'd have behaved better. Either way, in total I'm down from 250-235 making this a 15 lb loss for the month. Yes, still on Alli.

I've never read the book but thinking of getting it just to check it out. You wouldn't believe how easy it is to go over the fat limit for me. I think I knew I had a high fat diet, but I didn't know that even when I behaved before Alli, it was still high fat!!!

Anywho, had some effects... tonight namely passing gas was a bad idea (cheeseburger and a few fries...was not the best idea after all. I had a short bout with losing some hair... yes more than normal. I have very thick hair so I wasn't too alarmed. I'm guessing it was my vitamin. I checked it out and it lacks some essentials for hair growth.

BTW if any of you didn't know about it... it definitely blocks vitamins and essential fats, so it's always best to check that out. I mean for some maybe it won't but it looks pretty likely.

I find that if I eat things I shouldn't sometimes my stomach hurts. It also appears that exercise is really helpful for the process. Anything else that you might be interested in just give me a holler.
Old 03-04-2010, 01:51 PM
FitDay Member

Default I bought the stuff....

I got some Alli too, and then read the material that came with it and got scared to try it. So I started my diet without it and have been doing pretty well. I do like their little book for tracking calories, it's perfect for my purse or pocket. Then I started noticing that every Monday morning I was up a couple of pounds and for the most part over the weekends I'm pretty good about what I eat. It turns out the trouble is this little diner where we eat brunch on Sunday. I don't know exactly how they cook everything, but it must have a lot more fat than it does when I cook at home. So now I take an Alli with Sunday brunch and no longer have the "up every Monday morning" syndrome.
Old 03-04-2010, 11:50 PM
FitDay Member

I started taking Alli at the begining of the week and so far I haven't had any of the side effects. I did gain 2 pounds this week, but I don't think that had anything to do with the Alli. I mainly started taking them because of the medication that my Dr. put me on....weight gain is common with it, so I was trying to counteract the medication. I've also been working out 7 days a week, so I could just be building muscle. There could be alot of reasons for my weight gain this week.....hopefully next week will be better.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.