Night time munchies?? >

Night time munchies??

Community
Notices

Night time munchies??

Old 01-31-2011, 09:39 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by mecompco
The studies I've read recently say that the time of day has no bearing on how the body burns calories.

...You could also go to bed earlier, if that is a "danger time" for you (as it is for me). Other studies have show that those who get more sleep tend to lose weight faster (somewhat counterintuitive, I know)...
Sleeping is the only time I don't think about food and end up eating something. I just might start going to bed earlier :-)

Tai
(new to FitDay Forums)
Old 01-31-2011, 10:00 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by otai1day
Sleeping is the only time I don't think about food and end up eating something. I just might start going to bed earlier :-)

Tai
(new to FitDay Forums)
Welcome to the forums!

And yes, that's actually a pretty good idea. I'm usually in bed by 8 pm on weekdays, 9 at the absolute latests. That really doesn't give me time to get hungry after supper.

I did read where (up to a point, anyway) that those who get more sleep (at least 8 hours) tend to lose weight faster than those who sleep less.

Regards,
Michael
Old 02-04-2011, 08:44 PM
FitDay Member

Default All Mental

its about boredom,somethings on you mind,etc

Try suger free pudding with lite whipped cream and graham bits on top healthy choice ??
Old 02-04-2011, 10:32 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by townieirish
its about boredom,somethings on you mind,etc

Try suger free pudding with lite whipped cream and graham bits on top healthy choice ??
I agree about boredom--to paraphrase, "an idle mind is the diet devil's playground". Truly, about the only time I am hungry or tempted to eat over my calorie limit is when I'm doing nothing. Keep busy or go to bed--that's what I do.

Regards,
Michael
Old 02-05-2011, 12:26 AM
FitDay Member

Wink Boredom

So glad to see that lots of other people have my problem. My work is often very busy but there are days when there is very little to do and these are the times that hunger seems to take up permanent residence in my tummy!! Sadly, there is a snack machine with potato crisps and chocolate. It's so hard to resist such temptation!
Old 02-05-2011, 03:35 AM
FitDay Member

I can't speak for anyone else, but if I eat after 9 p.m. (especially if I have anything salty), I"m up at least a pound on the scale the next day, regardless of exercise or whatever else I've done that day. The lesson is to eat the final meal no later than 8, cut down on the salt and make sure that whatever I eat has enough calories to make me feel satisfied. Now if I can remember to eat the first meal within an hour of awakening....
Old 02-08-2011, 03:39 PM
FitDay Member

Second the soup suggestion. I usually add a splash of lemon juice, for flavour more than anything, but I've read that it can reduce hunger.

Salt bloats, it's true, but it also cuts hunger... Parents in my grandfather's poor, 'old country' village gave their children salt, or salty broths, to stop them asking for food. Blew my mind.
Old 09-15-2011, 01:27 AM
FitDay Member

This is exactly what I am going through right now. I've been losing weight since March, but the last couple of weeks I'm just so hungry at night! 2 nights ago I binged on anything and everything.
Lately I'm great all day and then go nuts about 6 or 7pm. arrghhh
Old 09-15-2011, 02:19 AM
FitDay Member

An 8 ounce glass of vegetable juice (low sodium and 50 cals.) first, and then hot air popcorn (with sprayed 'butter') does the trick for me, every time. I plan on it in my food journal for days I've cut back on the calories. These are days I also plan to eat extra fiber and extra protein during the day.