I'm thinking a lot like bettmrr. In fact, my posts a few months ago are sooo similar to yours!
My doc suggested that I change what I was eating. I started to juice vegetables several times a week. Here are the main things she suggested and the weight is now coming off:
1. Juice vegetables (make like a smoothie/but NO dairy) several days a week.
2. Eat vegetables at every meal. Eat LOTS of vegetables.
3. Eat protein throughout the day...small portions..3-4 ounces
4. Drink water throughout the day.
5. Eliminate sugar, dairy and bread.
(Feta cheese is ok)
6. Very healthy, fat free crackers in tiny portions is ok. (1/2 a cracker) and a total of one cracker can be enjoyed daily.
An ocassional 1/2 sweet potato is also ok. Same with tiny amounts of brown rice or whole wheat pasta...but these three things are not to be eaten often.
7. Have fruit for dessert or snack.
8. Greatly limit alcohol.
9. Eat nuts (with the exception of peanuts) in small portions several times a week. Use as a snack.
10. Moderate exercise. Increase only as appropriate.
I've been doing the above. This entailed a slight increase in calories. It ended up being much closer to what Fit Day recommended. The scale is FINALLY moving downward!
Don't know if any of this makes sense to you or is helpful. Sending good thoughts for success.