Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Weight Loss Tips
Where will YOU be on 01/01/12? >

Where will YOU be on 01/01/12?

Community
Notices

Where will YOU be on 01/01/12?

Old 01-03-2011, 02:02 PM
FitDay Member

On 1/1/12 I will be a rocking hot soccer mom with an SUV full of screaming, wild, healthy children and living in a different house. We were supposed to sell the house 2 years ago, but you all know how that turned out...
Old 01-03-2011, 07:07 PM
Super Moderator

I will be here! FitDay helped me reach my jean size goal! No way am I leaving something that has become part of my healthy and fit lifestyle!
Old 01-04-2011, 05:36 AM
FitDay Member

I will be here as well,
Fitday has helped me reach beyond my goal into my dreams! i was always struggling without success to lose the 10 lbs i though i needed to lose. i lost that 10 lbs plus 20 more lbs and got back into my high school weight range. i love the admiring looks and the compliments i get and there is no way i part ways with a web site which got me to where i am today. I love fitday and it's amazing support groups. Thank you all and i will be here to celebrate your succeses, the same way u did for me!
Old 01-04-2011, 11:35 AM
Super Moderator

I agree with the above posters...FitDay works for me, so I'll keep doing it. I'm probably okay with calories and exercise not tracking, but all the additional info...the macros, the vitamins, the fiber, the unsaturated vs. the saturated fats...that's all something I keep an eye on, and with FitDay I can do it at a glance and not be obsessive about it. Plus the forums are great!

Although I hope that on 1/1/12, I will be coming on here to report that I made it through the holidays successfully, instead of shoving fistfuls of cookies into my mouth .
Old 01-04-2011, 12:34 PM
FitDay Member

I'll be here. I will reach my goal on or near April 1st, then begin the really hard work - maintaining the loss. I will continue to track everything for a while, then probably attempt to quit tracking my food - with strict parameters - if my weight goes more than 5# above the goal, I'll return to what works - logging everything. I will definitely be exercising regularly - as much for my mental health as my physical health! Oh yeah, and I'll be in a relationship with a great guy, who loves my kids...
Old 01-01-2012, 03:18 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Default Well, here we are!

Some of us are still here, many, sadly, are not. Or, perhaps they have moved on to bigger (or smaller) and better things. One hopes that is the case.

As I've said before, I'm here for the long haul. My prediction was pretty spot-on, 116 pounds, more or less lighter that on 01/01/11.

So, where will you all be on 01/01/13?

I plan to be here, twenty pounds lighter and perhaps, what, 15 to 20% body fat (down from my current 22 to 24%) and considerably more "toned".

Hope you all stick around for the year!

Regards,
Michael
Old 01-01-2012, 03:34 AM
FitDay Member

I'm still around. Haven't been logging faithfully, but check in every few days or so. Did reach my goal in March, and have been gaining and losing the same 5-7 pounds since then. Unfortunately, my kids are still the main loves of my life, but we're all healthy and share lots of laughs on a regular basis. I'm truly blessed, and remind myself every day. My plan for 2012 is to continue regular long runs on the weekends, and to maintain my weight while staying healthy and injury-free.
Old 01-01-2012, 03:51 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by cjohnson728
I agree with the above posters...FitDay works for me, so I'll keep doing it. I'm probably okay with calories and exercise not tracking, but all the additional info...the macros, the vitamins, the fiber, the unsaturated vs. the saturated fats...that's all something I keep an eye on, and with FitDay I can do it at a glance and not be obsessive about it. Plus the forums are great!

Although I hope that on 1/1/12, I will be coming on here to report that I made it through the holidays successfully, instead of shoving fistfuls of cookies into my mouth .
I'm here, still actively using FitDay, but unfortunately I am recovering from the effects of too much good food and fun over the holidays. I had a week of unbridled eating at Thanksgiving and a worse week at Christmas, but I'm back on plan as of yesterday and relying on my FitDay tools and peeps to help repair the damage!

Congrats on your goal, nottango; you did well! May your maintenance be long-lasting!

Michael, you're amazing. Looking forward to seeing you smash your body fat % goals. That worked well for me, actually; once I hit my goal weight, my new goal was to watch the body fat numbers go down, and it was good to have another goal and focus. I know you'll do well.

Hoping that in 2013, I can come to the forum and say that I found the secret to getting through the holidays THIS time!
Old 01-01-2012, 03:56 AM
FitDay Member

I'm here, although I wasn't one year ago. One year ago I was approaching obese. Now thanks to FitDay I'm in the healthy range maintaining my weight.

A year from now I plan on still being here. I plan on having maintained my weight for a year and I plan on being more toned.

Old 01-08-2012, 09:08 AM
FitDay Member

I'm still here too, though not as faithfully (fanatically?) as I have been in the past. 2011 brought many positive changes for me -- a move across the country for grad school, lots of traveling and more quality time with my family than ever before. I'll still be here in 2013 and by this time next year I hope to be maintaining (at about 135#) and finishing up my master's degree. I also plan to be lifting on a pretty regular basis, since that has slackened with school starting up, and hiking a whole lot more in the coming year.

One other thing: over the past year I have realized how single-minded I can be about whatever it is that I'm into at the moment. This means that I can get one thing done to perfection while dropping the ball on everything else. I am absolutely terrible at multi-tasking -- as I told my mom, "I can only do one awesome thing at a time"! This is definitely a problem in grad school. In 2013 I am seeking more balance, which means less perfection and more just "getting it done".

Here's to a happy, healthy and more balanced 2013! Cheers!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.