April Fool's Day 10% Body Weight Loss Challenge >

April Fool's Day 10% Body Weight Loss Challenge

Community
Notices

April Fool's Day 10% Body Weight Loss Challenge

Old 03-03-2011, 02:00 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by kcolville
This week is almost over! Time is going by so fast it is amazing! I made plans yesterday for a girls night on 4/1/11 and i was in shock that it is right around the bend! I told my friends "this is my deadline for my 180 goal, hopefully when i see you i'll be a bit more lean.."

How is everyones week going? I weighed myself this morning and i was 189.4 which is down 2 lbs from the 191.4 weigh in this monday... Which i am happy with! However- frightfull it will go back up over 190! I have nothing going on this weekend so i can really just relax and not worry about having to go to a party and "resist"...

so, how is everyone? any fun weekend plans?-
In the "80s"! That's great!

I almost weighed in this morning as I've been feeling "light" again (sounds strange, but it happens from time to time for me--I don't know about anyone else). But, I'm going to wait for Saturday morning--I HOPE to be pleasantly surprised to see 270 and thus meet the Challenge goal early (but if it takes another week, that's OK too).

As to this weekend, my daughter is in a play, so I'll probably go see that. I also hope to do a tune up on my Jeep, probably Sunday. It's been getting around 11mpg this winter and I'm going broke feeding it. I hope new plugs/wires/dist and rotor will get me at least one or two more mpg.

Keeping doing what you're doing--it's obviously working!

Regards,
Michael
Old 03-03-2011, 02:03 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by Geoffers
My week's going pretty well. I was another 2lb down on the scale this morning at 155lb. That's 10lb down for 2011 so far and just 5lb remaining to my April goal.

Also, I saw a physiotherapist today about my shoulder. I was worried I'd torn my rotator cuff but she told me that it was just inflammation of a fluid sac. She also commented favourably on my muscle tone which boosted my ego no end!! I've got some rehab exercises to do and some anti-inflamms to chow down on and I should be back to normal in a few weeks.

This weekend my daughter is being "confirmed" at Church. My wife takes her to Church each week, (I don't go because I don't believe a word of it) and there will be a bit of a family get-together afterwards. That'll test my diet!
Congrats on the loss! That's great that the shoulder isn't serious and a nice ego stroke to go along with the diagnosis!

Make reasonable choices at the get-together and you'll be fine. I like to make sure I've drunk plenty of water and maybe even a high protein snack before going to something like that, just to help ward off any wayward impulses to overeat.

Regards,
Michael
Old 03-03-2011, 11:11 AM
FitDay Member

Default Never too late.

I just started checking out the forums and saw the April Fool's day challenge. So I am going to jump in and set a little goal for myself. 6lbs. Maybe if I post it on here, I'll stay on track. It's worth a try.
current weight 03/03/11 205
Goal weight for 04/01/11 199
Old 03-03-2011, 11:53 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by Clara654
I just started checking out the forums and saw the April Fool's day challenge. So I am going to jump in and set a little goal for myself. 6lbs. Maybe if I post it on here, I'll stay on track. It's worth a try.
current weight 03/03/11 205
Goal weight for 04/01/11 199
Clara, welcome to the challenge! You can post here and/or in the Challenge Check-in thread. When you've met your 04/01 goal, feel free to join the new 10% Fourth of July Challenge I'll be starting them.

Regards,
Michael
Old 03-03-2011, 09:04 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Default Challenge Met!

Yes, I broke down and weighed this morning--as I mentioned, I've been feeling "light" for the past couple of days--no wonder, lost 5 lbs since Monday!

So, I've met the Challenge and hit the "60s" running at a svelt 268 lbs .

As we still have three weeks left in the Challenge I've decided to shoot for another 5% so the new goal for April 1st is 255--that's going to be tough!

Have a great day, everyone!

Regards,
Michael
Old 03-04-2011, 01:06 AM
FitDay Member

Talking

[QUOTE=mecompco;38410]Yes, I broke down and weighed this morning--as I mentioned, I've been feeling "light" for the past couple of days--no wonder, lost 5 lbs since Monday!

Way to go Michael. I'm due for one of those light spells. Hopefully next week. Mary
Old 03-04-2011, 01:13 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by mecompco
Yes, I broke down and weighed this morning--as I mentioned, I've been feeling "light" for the past couple of days--no wonder, lost 5 lbs since Monday!

As we still have three weeks left in the Challenge I've decided to shoot for another 5% so the new goal for April 1st is 255--that's going to be tough!

Regards,
Michael

WOOOOO HOOOOOO! That is PRETTY light my friend! CONGRATS! and what a great way to continue pushing yourself- another 5%, you can do it!

Lets hope all of us can join you in your glory of meeting your goal!
Old 03-04-2011, 07:33 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by mecompco

Regards,
Michael
Incredible Michael! You're a constant inspiration for me to keep going. I've only lost 2 pounds this week, but I'm happy with it. I've still a long way to go, but I can smell success.

And you know what Michael? It smells great.
Old 03-04-2011, 10:48 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by VirusInside
Incredible Michael! You're a constant inspiration for me to keep going. I've only lost 2 pounds this week, but I'm happy with it. I've still a long way to go, but I can smell success.

And you know what Michael? It smells great.
Thanks, and there is nothing wrong with a two pound loss, I've had a few weeks like that myself, and even one or zero pound weeks.

I find the best bet for me is to simply focus on the next small goal--if we do that, the big goals will take care of themselves.

I've been thinking that I may post up some "before and during" pictures on May 5th, which will be my one year "anniversary" of re-joining FitDay. It will be interesting to see the difference a year can make .

Keep on truckin' and have a great weekend!

Regards,
Michael
Old 03-04-2011, 11:59 AM
FitDay Member

I fell off the wagon for a few days and even forgot to weigh today. I will have to try to stand on the scale tomorrow before work.

I bought some Weight Watchers frozen dinners for lunch at the farm. They are reasonable in calories and the bonus is, they do not contain traces of nuts.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.