Notices

April Fool's Day 10% Body Weight Loss Challenge

Old 02-08-2011, 04:44 AM
FitDay Member

Ok, I am over it. The three pounds that I gained over packaged foods, is gone again today.
Old 02-08-2011, 07:17 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by rainbow24
Ok, I am over it. The three pounds that I gained over packaged foods, is gone again today.

WOOO HOOO!! You go!
Old 02-09-2011, 02:35 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by kcolville
WOOO HOOO!! You go!
Kaitlin, how are you doing? Only 10 lbs to go for the challenge, I see--good for you!

Regards,
Michael
Old 02-09-2011, 02:43 AM
FitDay Member

Im in! My 10% goal will be 35 pounds?? Is that even possible?? Oh well, I will put it down and try my best!! My goal is 35 pounds!!! Here goes!
Old 02-09-2011, 02:50 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by ferndills
Im in! My 10% goal will be 35 pounds?? Is that even possible?? Oh well, I will put it down and try my best!! My goal is 35 pounds!!! Here goes!
Five pounds a week--it can be done but that's pretty aggressive (and beyond the "safe" one to two pounds a week recommended).

If you haven't already, add your user name and starting weight to the Challenge checkin thread, if you like.

Regards,
Michael
Old 02-09-2011, 03:28 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by mecompco
Kaitlin, how are you doing? Only 10 lbs to go for the challenge, I see--good for you!

Regards,
Michael
Michael,

I am ok- still upset about my huge gain last week but i am slowly taking off the weight- i have 12.2 pounds to loose for the challenge! I want it so badly but feel like i am so far away....Current weight today was 192.2. I'm have halfway through this challenge and i thought i'd be seeing the results more than I am...i guess i just need to bump it up! Any ideas how?

Other than that things are going pretty well- bought a new (to me) car. 2007 VW Jetta and loving it..
Old 02-09-2011, 03:44 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Michael,

I am ok- still upset about my huge gain last week but i am slowly taking off the weight- i have 12.2 pounds to loose for the challenge! I want it so badly but feel like i am so far away....Current weight today was 192.2. I'm have halfway through this challenge and i thought i'd be seeing the results more than I am...i guess i just need to bump it up! Any ideas how?

Other than that things are going pretty well- bought a new (to me) car. 2007 VW Jetta and loving it..
I agree--gains are worrisome--I've seen them a few times, usually after a trip to camp. But, they are only temporary.

I guess my only advice is to keep with the basics--watch your portions (I tend to get a little sloppy sometimes and have to go back to "weigh and measure"), work the exercise and drink water 'till you've worn a path to the restroom.

But I agree--04/01 is coming fast and we've both got about the same amount to lose. I know it's probably going to be close for me--I'm supposed to go to camp during Feb. break and that always involves awesome food and lots of beer .

Hey, if we're a few pounds off from the full 10%, at least we tried. And, we're surely quite a bit lighter than we were on 01/01. It'll just be a few more pounds to lose in the Fourth of July 10% Challenge .

Regards,
Michael
Old 02-09-2011, 03:58 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by mecompco
I agree--gains are worrisome--I've seen them a few times, usually after a trip to camp. But, they are only temporary.

I guess my only advice is to keep with the basics--watch your portions (I tend to get a little sloppy sometimes and have to go back to "weigh and measure"), work the exercise and drink water 'till you've worn a path to the restroom.

But I agree--04/01 is coming fast and we've both got about the same amount to lose. I know it's probably going to be close for me--I'm supposed to go to camp during Feb. break and that always involves awesome food and lots of beer .

Hey, if we're a few pounds off from the full 10%, at least we tried. And, we're surely quite a bit lighter than we were on 01/01. It'll just be a few more pounds to lose in the Fourth of July 10% Challenge .

Regards,
Michael

We can make this goal! I know we can...I have some big hurdles until 4/1/11 that i'll need to get over- but i am willing to buckle down. I need to and want to...this is something i can complete for myself, no one else.

just think ahead for camp- plan out some good meals but healthy ones! and drink LIGHT beer- and only allow yourself a few...
Old 02-09-2011, 04:00 AM
FitDay Member

and you're right- back to the basics....

logging food
watching portions
working out 6/week
saying no to food-
planning ahead when going out
NO alcohol.

I wanna be the three F's; Fierce, Fit, Fab!
Old 02-09-2011, 04:06 AM
FitDay Premium Member

We can make this goal! I know we can...I have some big hurdles until 4/1/11 that i'll need to get over- but i am willing to buckle down. I need to and want to...this is something i can complete for myself, no one else.

just think ahead for camp- plan out some good meals but healthy ones! and drink LIGHT beer- and only allow yourself a few...
Ha ha--I have a rather crude joke about light beer which is not forum friendly.

I do have my planned "day off" for Feb. left. And, I will take it much easier than I would have before starting on this journey. When we went up in November I had one 4K cal day (my day off), a 3K day and a "normal" 1.5K day, so that wasn't too bad.

As to the food, my host provides it all and he is a marvelous cook. So, it's up to me to practice portion control. Anyway, I promise to do my best to behave.

Regards,
Michael

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.