Notices

April Fool's Day 10% Body Weight Loss Challenge

Old 01-24-2011, 11:33 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by MAIN80
Hello to all,

I have decided to weigh in on Mondays, that will keep me in check on the weekends, at least I would like to think that. I am quite happy with 4 pounds in 10 days.
Congratulations on some great losses this past week, looks like some are getting very close to the goal
I am sticking to a 1200 cal/day this week and hopefully will manage a little more
calorie burning by walking my dog, which I hadn't done in months but did this morning.

I may not write a lot, but it is always encouraging to come here and read everyone's progress.

Have a great week.

Melissa

Great job! looking forward to hearing more about you...
Old 01-26-2011, 12:16 AM
FitDay Member

Morning everyone!

It is wednesday so i thought i would just in and see how everyone is doing?!

My scale has read the same two days in a row- 190 which is up .2 from my weigh in monday- kinda frustrating but i have been cheating a bit with my diet. I told myself this morning the rest of the week would be different.

I ran yesterday 1.5 miles ( had to stop a few times..but i was proud) This past fall i ran my first 5k and i want to be able to do that again- so i am going to start running 1-2 a week.

Other than that I have been feeling kinda down lately about my relationship- I surprised him last night with a new bed- (leather headboard with these really cool rustic big nails..) Anyways- he didnt seem to care at all! I know men sometimes tend to not care about decorating and detials (no offense!!) but i thought he would care more than he did. I am just trying to make our apartment a home..... am i making a big deal out of this?

I know some of you are probably like "why is she posting this stuff on here?"- because i value your input...and this thread is a place for me to vent!

THOUGHTS!?!
Old 01-26-2011, 02:30 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by kcolville
Morning everyone!

My scale has read the same two days in a row- 190 which is up .2 from my weigh in monday- kinda frustrating but i have been cheating a bit with my diet. I told myself this morning the rest of the week would be different.

I ran yesterday 1.5 miles ( had to stop a few times..but i was proud) This past fall i ran my first 5k and i want to be able to do that again- so i am going to start running 1-2 a week.

Other than that I have been feeling kinda down lately about my relationship- I surprised him last night with a new bed- (leather headboard with these really cool rustic big nails..) Anyways- he didnt seem to care at all! I know men sometimes tend to not care about decorating and detials (no offense!!) but i thought he would care more than he did. I am just trying to make our apartment a home..... am i making a big deal out of this?

I know some of you are probably like "why is she posting this stuff on here?"- because i value your input...and this thread is a place for me to vent!

THOUGHTS!?!
Kaitlin, good morning! We up here in the NE are sort of hunkered down waiting for the cold to moderate. It was better last night, only -10 F which isn't too bad--the -20 with no wind chill the night before was a bit much!

It was about 3 above when I did my walk yesterday, other than the precarious footing it was OK.

After last week's 5lb. loss and my Saturday day "off", I'm not sure how the scale is going to react this week.

Your small upward movement must be normal fluctuation, I would think. During this weight loss phase there's no way I could weigh every day. I do think, though, that there may be merit in doing so once at goal. Of course, there's a long time before I'll really have to worry about that.

Now, what's this about you "cheating"?

It is eating due to emotional state, from boredom (one of my danger points), physical? Any strategies to combat it? The problem, of course, is that one "cheat" is no big deal--a "cheat" every day, though, is another story and a rather slippery slope to start down.

Great job on the exercise. I still get a good workout from my 1.3 mile brisk walk but eventually I'll have to bump it up. I will say that walking in my full leather, 9" high insulated size 13 Rocky Bearclaw boots w/heavy wool socks adds considerably to the workout--these things must weigh at least a couple pounds or more apiece!

As to the man problem, I don't know. I like to think I would at least have pretended to be excited back when the wife and I were dating (close to 25 years ago) but who knows? I am pretty sure I would have suggested we "try it out", though.

It sounds as if you are living together; perhaps he has concerns about the expense? Or not having had a say in the decision? Just throwing some thoughts out there.

Anyway, have a great day and don't worry about posting stuff--everyday stuff can certainly effect our health and this is as good a place as any to discuss it. Sometimes it's nice to talk in a semi-anonymous place.

Regards,
Michael
Old 01-26-2011, 03:18 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by mecompco
Kaitlin, good morning! We up here in the NE are sort of hunkered down waiting for the cold to moderate. It was better last night, only -10 F which isn't too bad--the -20 with no wind chill the night before was a bit much!

It was about 3 above when I did my walk yesterday, other than the precarious footing it was OK.

After last week's 5lb. loss and my Saturday day "off", I'm not sure how the scale is going to react this week.

Your small upward movement must be normal fluctuation, I would think. During this weight loss phase there's no way I could weigh every day. I do think, though, that there may be merit in doing so once at goal. Of course, there's a long time before I'll really have to worry about that.

Now, what's this about you "cheating"?

It is eating due to emotional state, from boredom (one of my danger points), physical? Any strategies to combat it? The problem, of course, is that one "cheat" is no big deal--a "cheat" every day, though, is another story and a rather slippery slope to start down.

Great job on the exercise. I still get a good workout from my 1.3 mile brisk walk but eventually I'll have to bump it up. I will say that walking in my full leather, 9" high insulated size 13 Rocky Bearclaw boots w/heavy wool socks adds considerably to the workout--these things must weigh at least a couple pounds or more apiece!

As to the man problem, I don't know. I like to think I would at least have pretended to be excited back when the wife and I were dating (close to 25 years ago) but who knows? I am pretty sure I would have suggested we "try it out", though.

It sounds as if you are living together; perhaps he has concerns about the expense? Or not having had a say in the decision? Just throwing some thoughts out there.

Anyway, have a great day and don't worry about posting stuff--everyday stuff can certainly effect our health and this is as good a place as any to discuss it. Sometimes it's nice to talk in a semi-anonymous place.

Regards,
Michael
You are right- i think it is emotional eating. I have been feeling "off" so i have been eating more for comfort..but it is not working. I have no plan to help with this...any ideas?

The bf and i will get through this weird period and come otu stronger- nothing can be perfect all the time..It just really takes a toll on me.
Old 01-26-2011, 03:46 AM
FitDay Member

Hi Kaitlin,

I am reminded of the days when my husband should have, could have, but didn't react as I expected. A lesser woman would have left him.

Scratch that, if I had any self esteem, I would have left him. My best suggestion is talk now. Let him know, in a non threatening and matter of fact way that you needed acknowledgment at that time.

My husband and I have been together over 34 years and we have developed a pattern. I believe I might have bee able to get through to him early in our marriage, but after a while it just got too late. I did learn to avoid the worst dissapointments by giving him lots of warning when our anniversary is approaching. This summer, next month, 20 days, 2 weeks, 1 week, 6 days, etc. He never buys a gift, but he remembers that he is supposed to go out for dinner.

NOW about me -

I think I am losing too fast. I stood on the scale every day this week and I am dropping just about 2 lbs a day.
I am not yet exercising because of the cold I had. My chest would not handle activity.
I am averaging about 1500 - 1600 calories a day.
Old 01-26-2011, 05:18 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by rainbow24
Hi Kaitlin,

I am reminded of the days when my husband should have, could have, but didn't react as I expected. A lesser woman would have left him.

Scratch that, if I had any self esteem, I would have left him. My best suggestion is talk now. Let him know, in a non threatening and matter of fact way that you needed acknowledgment at that time.

My husband and I have been together over 34 years and we have developed a pattern. I believe I might have bee able to get through to him early in our marriage, but after a while it just got too late. I did learn to avoid the worst dissapointments by giving him lots of warning when our anniversary is approaching. This summer, next month, 20 days, 2 weeks, 1 week, 6 days, etc. He never buys a gift, but he remembers that he is supposed to go out for dinner.

NOW about me -

I think I am losing too fast. I stood on the scale every day this week and I am dropping just about 2 lbs a day.
I am not yet exercising because of the cold I had. My chest would not handle activity.
I am averaging about 1500 - 1600 calories a day.
Don't be TOO hard on us guys--I'll admit I might need a reminder about some dates as well .

Now, as to losing too fast, you can take another look at your daily calorie deficit and see if you need to reduce it. Daily calorie burn and intake are inexact guesses at best so you might actually be eating less and/or burning more cals than you originally estimated.

Up to a point, I don't think losing fast is a big problem, especially at first. If you're big like I was it just peels off. As you get lighter, the weight loss will taper off on its own if you maintain the same calorie level simply because your basal generally goes down as does your mass.

If you feel OK, I personally would continue with the level you're at. If you don't feel well, or get dizzy (and I'll admit I did get light headed a few times early on--not so much now unless I stand up really fast or if I've not eaten for a while) it's probably time for some more cals.

Regards,
Michael
Old 01-26-2011, 06:28 AM
FitDay Member

Michael,

I am not down on all guys, but I know if I had been a little more assertive in our early years, things would be better now. Perhaps my husband would be a little more assertive with me as well. I don't think he ever would have remembered our anniversary.

I am getting a bit dizzy, but as I said, I have a cold. It is affecting my sinuses and therefore my inner ear. So I really cannot tell for sure how I am feeling.
I just know I need to sleep before I go shopping today or I will be passing out for sure. It is definately the cold virus though.

In the past I have only had quick loss in the first couple of weeks, after that it is slow. People are noticing a difference already and usually it takes quite a bit longer to show. I may have to shrink my clothing size soon, but that may be just because I was so close to the lower edge of a size.

Look at me, trying to downplay my losses.
Old 01-26-2011, 06:37 AM
FitDay Member

I have another big loss (3lbs) this week. I had a bit of stomach bug for a few days so I was struggling to eat even 1500 calories on those days. It's not the way I want to lose weight obviously, but I guess I'll take anything I can get.

I'm feeling much better now though, and even got in some exercise yesterday.
Old 01-26-2011, 07:08 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks for all the advice everyone!

I know there will be struggles..i just need to learn to get through them without eating the crappy food ..whichi just consumed.. It makes me feel even worse! I am going to try and workout a bit to feel better about it...

Rainbow and travbrad congrats on the dropped pounds!!!! you both are moving right along!!
Old 01-26-2011, 07:11 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by kcolville
Morning everyone!

THOUGHTS!?!
Hi Kaitlin,

First, at least for me, it is perfectly fine that you vent here, as Michael says the semi anonymous thing is a good thing.

Second, I understand about not getting the reaction you expected, but it can be so many things, maybe he didn't know what to say, that happens to me often, maybe he had his eye on another bed (although as you describe it, it sounds very nice), maybe he wasn't having a great day.
Sometimes I find that when I feel very dissapointed on someone's reaction there is something else bothering me that has nothing to do with the person, but somehow it just makes the reaction (or non reaction) look much worse in my head. Talk to him, explain what you felt, so you move past it, and then don't bring the incident back. I am no relationship expert, so take this opinion for what it is.
Now don't let this affect your eating, its ok if you had a little cheat food, but also move past it and focus on getting it right today.

On my news, I have successfully walked the dog for three days, this for me is a big thing because I am not a morning person at all, but it is the only time that I can do it; so waking up is always so hard... I am drinking my water too, which is good.

Have a nice rest of the day.

Melissa

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.