April Fool's Day 10% Body Weight Loss Challenge

Community
Notices

April Fool's Day 10% Body Weight Loss Challenge

Old 01-21-2011, 09:34 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by sns1
Hi,
How's everyone doing? I would like to join the April Fools Day challenge. I'm 126 lbs and would like to loose 20 lbs by April 1st (I'm 5' 0' so it's within my 'healthy weight' range).
I'm currently training for a marathon and do not want to carry an extra 20 lbs for 26 miles The biggest problem I'm faced with is that I get really hungry after running and I end up going off my diet, so even thought I'm exercising I do not loose weight. Any tips on how to deal with that?

Regards,
Sharon
Sharon, of course you're welcome to participate, and welcome to the FitDay forums!

20 lbs in nine weeks seems like a lot for someone with your stats, but I guess it's only 2lbs a week, which is usually deemed "safe".

Add your info to the check-in list if you like and don't hesitate to ask if you have any questions.

Regards,
Michael
Old 01-21-2011, 11:59 AM
FitDay Member

No over all change here, I gained a few pounds mid-week and have burned them off again. 131.2kg, exactly the same as when the week started.
Ups and downs don't bother me too much though, so long as the average trend is downward.
Still regularly adding weight to what I can lift in sets, waist, thighs and calf measurements all slowly getting smaller, chest, shoulders and arms all getting bigger, so no matter what the scales say at the moment, i'm happy with the general shift in body shape and composition.

Seems everyone is doing pretty well......keep it up all!
We may all still be fools when April 1 rolls around, just not as big a bunch of fools as we are now

BD
Old 01-21-2011, 09:40 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Default A good week!

Another week gone in the challenge and the scale really cooperated. Must be all that sweating behind the snowblower trying to keep up with the white stuff!

Was very pleased to see 286 on the scale this morning, so I've hit the "8s" in a big way. Of course, next week may very well show little to no loss--my body tends to do that sometimes. That's when I usually look at my average loss and it makes up for the momentary dissapointment of not seeing a loss.

16 pounds to go to reach my Challenge goal of 270--woo hoo!

Hope everyone else is doing well.

Regards,
Michael
Old 01-22-2011, 01:24 AM
FitDay Member

Amazing weight loss Michael!
Old 01-22-2011, 01:43 AM
FitDay Member

Michael, you are a serious loser, in the best possible way. Great work!

I was happy to see a 4lb loss this week. It was actually a week plus a day since I weighed in early last week. I'll take it! I'm now exactly 1/3 of the way to my foolish April goal.

I did a weird experiment this week with my tracking. I continued to religiously track my intake, but when it came to activities, all I logged was my sleep. I guess I wanted to see if I learned anything from it. Based on my calorie deficit without activity (other than my daily living) I should have lost 2.7lbs, so I guess I can credit the extra 1.3lbs to my hard work in the gym this week.

I'm not sure this tells me anything I couldn't have figured from just looking at my breakdown with all activities logged. I think part of it was I wanted the surprise. While I don't way myself more than once a week, I do occasionally add up my deficit to predict where I'll land since the tracking has been so consistent to my loss.

Have a great week everyone!

Matt
Old 01-22-2011, 07:41 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by sns1
The biggest problem I'm faced with is that I get really hungry after running and I end up going off my diet, so even thought I'm exercising I do not loose weight. Any tips on how to deal with that?
Regards,
Sharon
Hi Sharon.
Try incorporating a post-workout meal into your diet planning. I use a protein shake after a weights session, but that may not be the right carb/protein mix for your training. Whatever the specific needs of your training are, it's a given that your body will want some after a workout so factor it in. Good luck.

In other news... I'm down from 165 to 162lb. The machine I'm using to measure body fat is being very silly and swinging from 20% to 29%, so I'm not trusting it. Suffice to say that I'm getting stronger, fitter and lighter so it's all good.
Old 01-23-2011, 08:02 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by mecompco
Another week gone in the challenge and the scale really cooperated. Must be all that sweating behind the snowblower trying to keep up with the white stuff!

Was very pleased to see 286 on the scale this morning, so I've hit the "8s" in a big way. Of course, next week may very well show little to no loss--my body tends to do that sometimes. That's when I usually look at my average loss and it makes up for the momentary dissapointment of not seeing a loss.

16 pounds to go to reach my Challenge goal of 270--woo hoo!

Hope everyone else is doing well.

Regards,
Michael

YOU are in the 280's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! wow! you are on your way to making that goal!
Old 01-23-2011, 08:23 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by kcolville
YOU are in the 280's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! wow! you are on your way to making that goal!
Kaitlin, yes, and thanks! Was very pleased w/the weigh in--I feel more confident about making the 4/1 goal--only 11 weeks left.

Now, if I make 270 by 4/1 I wonder if I can get down to 250 by my BD on 5/25? That would be a great 47th BD gift.

I have big plans for out-of-doors activities come spring so I'm hoping the extra exercise will make up for my lighter body's reduced calorie burn.

Have a great day!

Regards,
Michael

PS I see you've only got 12 pounds to go--I think you'll make goal as well!
Old 01-23-2011, 11:03 AM
FitDay Member

Just want to thank everyone for participating and supporting each other. I've lost 10 pounds in the last three weeks, and I'm eating healthy wholesome foods. It's great to have this website and the knowledge that others are on the same path.
Another 50 pounds to go and I'm back at my fighting weight.
Old 01-23-2011, 11:18 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by katyq1957
Just want to thank everyone for participating and supporting each other. I've lost 10 pounds in the last three weeks, and I'm eating healthy wholesome foods. It's great to have this website and the knowledge that others are on the same path.
Another 50 pounds to go and I'm back at my fighting weight.
Katy, that's great!

I love it when a plan comes together!

Keep it up and don't be a stranger.

Regards,
Michael

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.